Chapter 81: Of Paint and Desire

Hey guys! New chapter! I hope you'll like it. I'm glad that you continue to read my story despite the weird upload schedule I have going on because of college. Have fun reading and don't forget to vote and comment :) Love you all <3

    "Lyra. Wake up, sweetheart."
    "No. I don't want to."
    "You don't have a choice. Your ladies-in-waiting are going to be here any minute now."
    I opened my eyes, drinking in the view Rilos was giving me by being shirtless and bent over me. Yummy. Who would have thought that I would think about things like that a few months ago?
    "I think we should just change their title to 'friends'. That's what they are more than anything."
    "You'll have to ask them, but I'm sure that they are going to be happy to call them this way. What are your plans for today?"
    I thought about it carefully and had a flash. We never got around to do this.
    "Do you remember that thing we talked about after you had a council regarding Henina?" I asked.
    "You want to do that today?"
    "Do you have any objections?"
    "No. Just stay close to me."
    "Why? Is there a problem?"
    "Everything is fine. Jinary is simply a bit agitated and I don't know how much control I'll have over him with a lot of people around."
    He kissed me on the cheek and got dressed.
    "I prefer you naked to be honest," I pouted.
    "Don't say that, Lyra," he groaned. "Your friends are almost at the door and it would be impolite to leave them stranded for hours."
    I got out of bed, walked to him and slipped my hands around his stomach.
    "Hours?"
    "Yes, hours. Once I start, it's like I can never have enough of you."
    "Me neither. How about you give me something to remember you today?" I dipped under his shirt and trailed my nails over his abdomen. I couldn't help myself; I just needed him. He gripped the top of the closet until his knuckles turned white. I stood on my toes and delicately pressed my lips on the side of his neck. He jolted and inhale sharply.
    "Lyra..."
    I smiled, uncovering my teeth. Once these were in play, there was no stopping from his side. I knew that and had used this to my advantage many times. I was about to do it again when someone knocked on the door. I groaned against his skin.
    "Can't we just tell them to come back later?" I mumbled.
    "Your Majesty, we have a surprise for you!" chirped Felia from the other side.
    I did not have time to answer as I was suddenly spun around and pinned on the wall by Rilos' hands and mouth. Politeness had flew out the window in the end. Couldn't say I minded. His fingers traveled all over me, quickly finding where I wanted them the most. Desire built inside my stomach and my mind gradually stopped functioning. His lips curled on my clavicle. He slid me on the ground and stepped back. I whined, opening my eyes, pleading for the release I desperately needed. He smiled and methodically licked his fingers.
    "Payback for enticing me. You'll have to wait for tonight to be satiated."
    "I guess murdering you for that will have to wait until tomorrow then. I will get you for this. Be prepared."
    "I'll be waiting. Now get dressed before I let the girls come in. I'd better open the window as well. Your desire saturates the air."
    "Who's fault is that, Elun?" I grumbled, hissing at the contact between my skin and the fabric of my clothes.
    "Only yours, sweetheart. You can't poke a wolf and expect it not to bite back." He opened the door. "Oh, a nice surprise indeed."
    I turned around and saw a familiar redhead standing in the doorway.
    "KYLANNE!" I shrieked, jumping in her arms. "It's been so long! We missed you!"
    "I missed you too, Lyra," she laughed. "I heard a lot of things happened while I was away. Are you okay?"
    "It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but Rilos guided me back on the right path." I noted how they were dressed. "You should all go change in something that you don't mind dirtying. The halls will soon be a battlefield."
    Sanaelle frowned while Felia's and Kylanne's eyes lightened up with hope.
    "Today? Really?"
    "Yeah. Be in the dining hall in fifteen minutes. We'll tell everyone else during that time."
    They dragged Sanaelle back to their room, explaining to her what was about to happen. Rilos took my hand and walked with me to the dining hall.
    "I'm still mad at you," I said, squeezing his hand nonetheless.
    "It's not as funny on this end of the stick, uh? Be frustrated, Lyra, be very frustrated. It's only going to be more... satisfying," he whispered in my ear.
    "For you or for me?" I wondered as need came back stronger. Stars, the things his voice made me feel.
    "Both."
    "It better be worth it because I'm considering teleporting us far away for the rest of our lives. Or at least until you can't take it anymore."
    "You are very impatient, aren't you?"
    "You're just now finding that out? I thought you knew me better than that."
    "And very snappy when frustrated. Today is going to be interesting," he smiled, smugly.
    "I will destroy you."
    "I'll just have to get you as dirty as me. This way, you'll take a shower with me."
    "You wish," I said, denying the effect his words had on me. Keeshee barked, agreeing with his idea completely. He smiled. He had seen her. Traitor. Both of you.
    I entered the hall. Everyone was there. Alphas, Betas, Omegas. Young and old. They seemed confused as to why they were here, dressed in clothes they wouldn't normally wear. They were in for a big surprise. We walked to the platform, murmurs dying down.
    "Hello, everyone. We are here today because a few months ago, my soul-mate and my second pointed out to me that the halls needed fresh paint." Groans filled the room. "Come on now. Do you really think that Lyra is the kind of woman to let things be boring? We are going to have a paint war in the halls." Exclamations of joy fused from all around. "I know, I know. It's going to be great. I do have some rules because I don't want anyone to get hurt. If you are running, look where you are going. Be careful around the kids. The paint is non-toxic so don't panic if a child get some in its mouth. If you throw paint on the ground, it will bounce back. I have put protections on it since paint is slippery and I don't want accidents. No running in the stairs or around a corner. The bedrooms, offices, kitchen and library are off-limits. Those with young children can stay here and paint on the walls with Lyra. There will be a break at noon to eat. One last thing: Have fun!"
    I had decided not to go and run around. Partially for Rilos but mostly because I wanted to paint the dining hall's ceiling. He kissed me and made me swear to be careful while he patrolled the hallways. I floated up, taking the colours I would need with me as well as a tarp to protect what was below me and to prevent people from seeing what I was doing. I wanted it to be a surprise.
    Something moved in the corner of my eye. I turned my head and came face to face with Rilos. I may or may not have yelped. Keeshee was trying to run to him so I decided to let go of my control to see what would happen. She slammed into an invisible wall. I sighed, disappointed.
    "Don't worry, sweetheart. She'll come out eventually. I believe in you," he smiled. "Let's eat. I wouldn't want you to faint from the lack of food."
    I followed him down and chuckled. Everyone was covered in paint. I couldn't wait to see what the hallways would look like. I ate quickly and went back up to finish my project. I was almost done when I heard someone calling me. I recognized that voice. I went to the edge of the tarp and looked down.
    "Hi, Xalem. Are you having fun out there?"
    He was with a group of kids around his age. Ten of them.
    "Yes! Can we come up and help you?"
    "You just want to fly. Admit it."
    "Yeah, but we want to help you too."
    I spotted the boy Cerc had hurt. He was shuffling from one foot to the other.
    "Well, I do need some help for a special part. Do you think you are up to it?"
    "YES!" they all shouted.
    "Alright then."
    I made them float to me and explained what I wanted them to do. I thought that I would get spared by the paint war but the kids were merciless once they were done with the part I had given them. I ended up as colourful as the rest of the pack. We went down when Rilos called me for supper. He, and the rest of the kids' parents, were confused to see them come out of there. I sat next to him and he swiped his finger across my cheek.
    "Looks like you'll need that shower in the end. I thought you would be protected up there, but I'm not going to complain with this turn of event."
    "The kids did it and I don't mind either," I said, leaning into his touch.
    "Your anger died down?"
    I shrugged, smiling, and turned to Kylanne. She told me that she came back because her mothers were over-protective and didn't let her learn how to control water. Rilos had decided to do it for them. I was glad to have her back here with us.
    "Do you want to show us what's under there, sweetheart?" Rilos asked when everyone was done eating.
    I nodded and made the tarp disappear. They all gasped in awe. I had painted the sky evolving throughout the day. One end had soft pastel colours: pink, orange and blue. The blue became more intense in the middle and turned darker with dark orange and purple towards the end. The end was as dark as the night but speckled with stars of different colours which were the handprints of the children.
    "This is incredibly beautiful, Lyra," Rilos gushed, pulling me closer. "I didn't know you could paint that well."
    "Me neither, but I find it easier when I'm thinking of you."
    "Are you trying to make me take you back to our room earlier because it's working," he rumbled.
    "We do need a shower, don't we? And I am very, very frustrated so you need to take responsibility for that."
    We were in the bathroom in a matter of seconds. Hands, fingers, nails, teeth, tongue roaming all over. I chanted his name probably louder than ever before. He was right; this was intensely satisfying.
    I woke up the next day completely sore in the best way possible. Something was burning and throbbing on my shoulder. I placed my hand over it and smiled. He had lost control and it had been great.
    "Why are you holding your shoulder, sweetheart?" he asked with a sleepy voice.
    "I'm just remembering," I said, removing my hand.
    His eyes widened, his expression fell and he covered his mouth, scrambling out of bed upon seeing the bite mark he had made.
    "Rilos, it's okay."
    "It's not. I had promised. I told you that I wouldn't do it until you were ready. I'm sorry. Oh the stars, Lyra. I am so sorry," he croaked, tears swelling in his eyes.
    "Rilos, I..."
    He disappeared, shutting me out of his mind and his heart.

Sorry, I had to cut it there. The good news is you won't have to wait too long for the next chapter because I had already written it. It will probably be up tomorrow :)