Chapter 23: New Friends

1.22k and 87 votes! I'm over the moon, you guys! I'm so glad that you enjoy the story and continue to read the chapters I post. Thank you all for lighting up my days. Love you all! Enjoy this chapter!

    When I woke up, the lights were still there, floating. Magic is awesome.
    "It is, but only if you use it for good."
I jumped. Rilos, you scared me. I didn't know you were awake.
    "I have been awake for about an hour."
Really?
    "Do you always question everyone or just me?"
Just you.
    "Little red ridding hood, if you continue, you'll be full of colours in no time".
Try me, big bad wolf.
    "If that's what you want."
He got out of bed and suddenly I was floating over him. What are you doing? I was a bit scared, but I knew that he would never hurt me.
    "Showing you what happens when you question me."
    He opened the bathroom door and let me fall in the bathtub, but didn't let me hit the bottom. I emerged from the water. I was completely purple. He was sitting down, snickering. I imagined him in the bath and it worked; he appeared in the bath with me. I pushed him under the water, to make sure he was completely soaked and purple too. He emerged and smiled at me.
    "You got me. I surrender. Good job on the teleportation, I was definitely not expecting you to do something like that."
I didn't think it would work. I thought you had protections.
    "I do, just not against you. Now, let's wash the purple before it stains your skin permanently."
    The bath emptied itself and clear water fell on my head, draining the purple colouring. Soon, it became filled with slightly purple water as Rilos and I fought with clear water until we deemed ourselves clean. He emptied the tub again and I sat down in it. I looked up. How tall he was as a wolf would never cease to amaze me. I extended my hand open toward him. He closed his eyes and put his forehead on it. I could have stayed like this forever, but I knew he had things to do. He looked at me and his eyes widened a bit. He backed down and got out of the tub. He made the water he had on him levitate and go in the drain.

****
    "What's wrong?"
    "It's nothing, don't worry about it."
    "You saying me not to worry is more likely to actually make me worry."
    "It's something I have to sort with myself. My internal demon is acting up."
    "Your internal demon? What is that?"
    "I'll tell you one day, but you are not ready yet."
    "Is it because I'm unable to see you as a human?"
    "No, it's because I don't trust myself to control it. It's harder around you, but I would endure anything to be with you."
    "If you make me cry again, I swear that your tail is going to be pink for the rest of our lives."
He chuckled.
    "I believe you."
    "When don't you?"
    "Let's get you dry before the big bad wolf gobbles you whole."
A warm wind engulfed me and, in a minute, I was dry.
    "That's useful."
    "Satie is coming with some people."
    "People I know?"
    "No, they are ladies-in-waiting. They are here to keep you company. Satie can't always be there, but they can. They all have worked here for a few years and Satie seems to trust them."
    "Do you trust them?"
    "I only trust a few people when it comes to your safety. Satie is one of them. If she feels that those girls are safe for you, I defer to her judgement."
    "That's enough for me."
    "I'll go now. Make new friends, would you?"
    "As you wish, O my king."
He nudged my neck.
    "Goodbye, O my queen."
****

He disappeared as the door of the bedroom opened.
    "Lyra, where are you?"
    I'm in the bathroom, Satie. I'm coming. I got in the bedroom and three girls were beside Satie. They were bowing. One had green and black hair, one had brown hair and one had red hair like me. Why are they bowing?
    "It's a sign of respect, Lyra."
Can they stop bowing?
    "When you tell them."
I'm telling them.
    "You can get up, girls. Present yourselves."
    "Hi, your Majesty, my name is Felia. It means surprise, because I was a surprise. My parents thought they were having one baby, but they got me as a bonus. My power is telekinesis." said the girl with green and black hair.
She looked so cute, I really wanted to give her a hug.
    "Hello, your Majesty. My name is Kylanne, gift. I'm the daughter of Ylna and Myrie. I was an orphan and they adopted me, since they can't have children," said the redhead.
Her smile was really warm and the daughter of Ylna could not be a bad person.
    "Hi, my name is Henina, grace. I've worked here for the past 15 years."
    She seemed familiar, but I didn't know why. Her smile was cold and, for some reason, I felt hostility directed towards me coming from her. Nobody had remarked it. Maybe it was just my imagination.
    "Let's try to get you to be able to use telepathy by yourself. Try to get in contact with Felia. Push your voice towards her mind and, when you feel resistance, stop. She'll let you in if she wants to. They'll talk to you out loud unless they want to talk only with you."
    I did as Satie told me and tried to talk to Felia in her head. I felt something get in my way, like a door. I pushed it a bit and it opened. Felia? Did I pushed too hard or did you let me in?
    "I let you in, your Majesty. I've wanted to speak to you ever since we found out that you had finally been found. I worked in the kitchen before even though I had been trained to take care of a lady. I didn't have anyone assigned, so I was really happy when Satie told me that I would be your lady-in-waiting. This is so exciting. We'll get you dresses and shirts and skirts and pants and boots and shoes. Once you're okay, we'll go shopping and go to the bakery downtown and in the gardens. You'll see, it's going to be great."
I smiled at her. You talk a lot, don't you?
    "Yes, I do. My mom always says that I talk too much. I'm sorry, does that bother you? I'll stop."
No, no. It's refreshing. I like it. I don't want you to change who you are.
    "I love you so much! Nobody ever said that to me before. Can I hug you? Wah! I'm sorry, I forgot that you are the Queen. You look so nice, not like most of the other ladies at the court. They look so stiff and arrogant."
I chuckled. Of course you can hug me if you want and you can call me Lyra here.
    "Lyra, you're the coolest Queen ever!"
She hugged me hard. How old are you? You act like a pup, which is not a bad thing.
    "I'm only 30, so I guess I still have a part of my puppy soul."
Like Rilos, but he's much older than that.
    "Don't encourage her, Lyra." said Satie, smiling. "And don't worry about her childishness, she might be like that in private, but she will protect you like a mother for her puppies if something happen. She also act like a lady-in-waiting should when she's in public. Now, would you try with Kylanne?"
I sent my mind towards Kylanne. Immediately after I felt something blocking me, it disappeared. Kylanne, can you hear me?
    "Loud and clear, your Majesty, loud and clear."
Too loud?
    "No. It's fine."
You can call me Lyra, like everyone else.
    "Sounds good to me, Lyra."
    "Now we're only missing Henina."
    "I don't want people lurking in my head." she said.
    "Lyra won't hear your thoughts. She'll only talk to you. Open your mind, would you?"
I probed her and I felt an opening. It wasn't wide, but it was enough for me to talk to her. Sorry, I don't want to invade your privacy.
    "Someone forced my mind open once. I don't like people going in it ever since."
Who did that?
    "He's dead now."
Did you kill him?
    "Rilos did it for me."
    Only those who were really close to him called him Rilos. She didn't seem close to him, and for some reason, her calling him by his name irked me. I had no logical explanation for this feeling. Maybe she was close to him and I didn't know it. I decided to let it slide for now.
    "I'll let you bond, since I have things to do around the castle. If something happen, which shouldn't be the case, either one of you come get me or Lyra can scream at Rilos."
She went out the door, but gave an odd look at Henina. Felia screeched and started jumping up and down.
    "We need to know everything about you! Where you grew up, what are your powers, how is your wolf, how did you meet Rilos, everything."
    "Calm down, Felia. You'll give her a headache with all your questions." chuckled Kylanne.
I can answer those if you answer mine after.
    "Deal!"
We can sit in the garden to talk, I smiled.
    "I don't think you're allowed to get out of this room." said Felia.
Rilos grew a garden on the balcony of the bedroom.
    "The King did what? He grew a garden on your balcony?" asked Kylanne.
Yeah. I opened the door. They gasped and awed at it. He did it because I wanted to see the garden but couldn't go out.
    "That's so cool! I want a soul-mate too. I'm getting off tracks." said Felia.
You are. So, what do you want to hear about first?
    "Where were you born and where did you grew up?"
I was born in the Northern kingdom, but my parents died when I was born. Cyrian kidnapped me and hid me in his castle for the last eighteen years.
    "So that's why he's in jail." said Kylanne.
That and the torture.
    "I heard about that. I didn't think it was possible for a wolf to do that to another wolf." said Felia.
    "How'd you meet him?"
    I first saw the projection of his wolf the day before the coming-of-age ceremony of Mikyan. I thought it was an hallucination. He found me in person after three months. Cyrian knows how to cover his tracks. When he brought me back here, I was afraid of him. Just hearing him was scary. I still can't look at him while he's human, but we're making good progress.
    "Your hair are really beautiful. Is your wolf the same colour?" asked Felia.
It's not, it's actually white. Although, I can't change in my wolf form.
    "Why?" said Kylanne.
    Mikyan and Cyrian did things to me, terrible things. I guess I'm too traumatized to change into a wolf. Felia jumped in my arms and hugged me hard. I fell backwards into the grass and started laughing. What's wrong? Why are you hugging me?
    "I think you need the love of as much people as you can. This way you'll be able to trust others again and will be able to change."