Chapter 26: Consultations and Decision

1.5k and 104 votes!! What a great way to start summer vacations! Also, this chapter is longer than usual, I just couldn't stop writing. It's not dramatically longer, though. As always, I love you all, thank you for liking the story :) Feel free to comment and vote. I also just added a video for those who were wondering how to pronounce the weird names I gave my characters ;)

I stayed there snuggled on his lap, my head under his chin, until night came. His thumb was rubbing my arm in a soothing motion.
"Are you ready to go back?"
Yeah, but can we be alone until tomorrow morning? I don't feel like dealing with others tonight. I just want to go to sleep.
"Sure, but I will have to talk to some people before going to sleep. Satie, Phylana, Felia and Kylanne were very worried about you."
I didn't mean to make them worry.
"Well, worrying means we care."
He got up, an arm wrapped around my torso and one under my knees. I feel like a princess.
"You're not a princess, you are a Queen. You better get used to me treating you that way, because I will never stop."
If I asked you to stop, would you?
"Always, except if you ask me to stop loving you. Then, I would have to disobey."
I had fallen asleep before appearing in the castle. In my dream, Rilos was very angry. I couldn't see where he was or hear what he was saying. I extended my mind towards him. He let me in once he felt me. I blinked and saw what he was seeing.
Rilos was sitting on a throne. Around him, forming a circle, were other people. Satie, Felia and Kylanne were there. I saw Ylna and Zynelle sitting next to Rilos. There was also a woman I had never seen. All others had their face blurred.

****
"They are men. I don't want you to see them and freak out."
"Did you said that out loud?"
"No, don't worry. No one knows you're in my head. I just thought those sentences. Do you want me to change their voices as well?"
"No, I think I'll be fine."
"If that changes, you tell me immediately."
****

"Thank you all for coming here so fast. I know it's late, but I have to act fast. You might not know everyone who is here, so I'll do the presentations. These two are Felia and Kylanne. They are Lyra's ladies-in-waiting. The two men over there, Sivir and Liore, are the final candidates for the Northern Alpha's position. You all know Ylna, Zynelle and Prior. Satie is the staff chief in the castle. She took care of Lyra when she first came in. Vriany, my second-in-command. Finally, Talia, chief of the guards."
Hello's were exchanged.
"Vriany and Talia, you must have noticed that I wasn't in the castle from the supper until about fifteen minutes ago. One of Lyra's lady-in-waiting, Henina, had decided tell her lies after lies to make her leave. For what purpose, I don't know, yet. Lyra believed her and fled. I didn't know that, at that point, and thought that she had been kidnaped. Ylna and Prior, you know the pain you feel when your soul-mate is away from you. For the others, you never want to feel that kind of pain. Lucky for me, soul-mates have a bond and I was able to locate her easily. We talked until night came and she told me what had happened. She is currently asleep in our bedroom. Now, I gathered you here to have your opinion on what to do with Henina. Satie, she was your responsibility, you start."
"I, honestly, never thought that she would do something like that. She has worked here for fifteen years. She insisted on being Lyra's lady-in-waiting and had priority since she was one of my oldest staff. If I had known that she would do something like that, I would have kicked her out of the castle myself. Lyra has been through enough and doesn't need someone lying to her, isolating her more than she already is. Since Henina was under my responsibility, I will take the punishment you deem fit. As for Henina, a duel against you will show everyone how serious you are about Lyra. Banishing her from the castle after the duel is the logical thing to do."

****
"Rilos, don't punish Satie. She didn't have anything to do with this. Henina acted on her own."
"Lyra, I have to punish her one way or another. She was responsible for Henina. If I don't punish both of them, people will think they can do things I'm not okay with and get away with it. Her punishment won't be as harsh, don't worry."
"I don't like this."
"We are werewolves. A strong hand is needed to govern them. I don't like punishing people either, but sometime you have to do things you don't like for the good of the population."
****