Chapter 46: External And Internal Dialogues

Hey guys :) We are at 5.19k views :o That's so insane! I love you all so much and here's the new chapter <3 Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Talia appeared in our room with a blond wolf. He was smaller than Rilos' but still imposing.
"Talia, Vriany. Thank you for coming. I'll answer every questions you ask me."
"Why am I a wolf?"
"Because Lyra is here," he said, pointing me with his chin.
Vriany's wolf started wagging his tail furiously, smiling widely.
"Hi Lyra! Are you doing better? Are you happy that Rilos killed Henina for you? Were you the one that found him? I bet you were. I'm so happy to see you!"
"Calm down. You're going to scare her. Since when can you align more than one sentence anyway? And I'm the one who found Rilos, Blondie. It's nice to see you in calmer circumstances, Lyra," said Talia.
"Hello to the both of you. I do prefer those circumstances as well, Talia. Yes, I am doing better and yes, I was overjoyed that he killed her, Vriany. Thank you for caring."
"You're welcome!"
"They definitely are becoming too close to my liking."
"Do you want me to kick Blondie in the ribs until he stops, Rilos?"
"I don't think that it's going to be necessary, Talia."
"Damn it. Well, then, let's start," she said, sitting on a chair.
Vriany stopped smiling and put on a serious mask, before sitting beside Talia.
"Where were you?"
"You know where I was; you found me."
"What were you doing there?"
"You saw it."
"Why did you run away?"
"Reasons."
"Can you be less conciliating?"
"Yes."
"For the love of the stars, Rilos! You are infuriating."
I turned on my back and took Rilos' chin between my hands, forcing him to look at me.
"Don't do that Rilos, they are trying to help you."
He sighed in defeat.
"Fine, I was hiding and freeing my emotions. I'm sorry that I left you in charge for an undetermined period, but I couldn't rule in the state I was in. You saw what I did to Henina. Lyra helped me calm down."
"I did nothing but be there. And I was the one who put you in this situation in the first place."
He glanced down, an eyebrow raised.
"Henina was."
"Freeing your emotions how?"
Rilos clenched his jaw at Vriany's question.
"Either you tell him or I will, Rilos. You've probably known them since they were born. I know that you trust them. They deserve to know how bad it got."
"I burned a forest several times and broke my hand on purpose until I lost count."
"Why would you do something like that to yourself?" Talia asked softly.
He looked at me and stroked my hair.
"I was so angry at everything and taking it out on others would have been a bad idea considering what I did to Henina."
"You took the separation pain as well, didn't you?"
"Yeah, after all, it was my decision to go away, not yours."
Vriany's wolf came closer and bumped his head against Rilos' leg.
"You should have left me a piece of Henina."
Rilos chuckled and ruffled his fur.
"Yeah, but I was too out of it to think about that. I would say "maybe next time", but I really hope that there won't be any other time."
"Me too," I added.
"Is there anything else you wanted to ask me?"
"Is it too much to ask that you never do something like that again?" asked Satie.
"I will do everything to protect Lyra. It shouldn't happen again."
His hand was shaking imperceptibly on my head. I took it and intertwined my fingers with his.
"I know it won't. I trust you."
I felt Keeshee growling. Shut it, Keeshee! You're acting like a puppy. I trust him and you better start accepting it. You trust his wolf, don't you? You wouldn't have come out if it wasn't the case. I saw a wolf bathed in light and a human in darkness. Wolves are honest and humans aren't, right? She nodded. Keeshee, Rilos never lied to us. Speeding clock. Of course I don't know about the future. Would you come out if he was a wolf? Lightning. He's too fast? Nod. When will you come out? I saw a silver string stretched between Rilos and I. Is that our link? You will come out when the ceremony is done and our link is in place? Nod. Why? Me talking to Rilos. I ask him? Other nod. Okay, I'll do that.
"Are you alright, sweetheart? You seemed lost in your thoughts."
"Yes, I'm fine. I was, uh, internally debating about something."
"You want to talk about it now or later."
I looked around and the others were still there.
"Later, if you don't mind."
"Does it look like I am? Do you guys have anything more you want to ask?"
They shook their head and were about to leave.
"Wait, Vriany, can you come here please?" I asked, getting off the couch and kneeling on the floor.
He looked at Rilos, seeking permission. Seeing no objections, he approached carefully. When he was close enough, I hugged him.
"Thank you for respecting my limits, Vriany."
His tail started to wag furiously and he licked the entire side of my face.
"You're welcome Lyra! Thank you for letting me see you!"
"Okay that's enough," growled Rilos, picking me up, pulling me away from Vriany and closer to him. "She's mine, Blondie. Don't you forget it."
"I thought we had already agreed that I'm not into women. I like her because she is nice and because she's my Queen. I don't see her like I see you. Cute little bum, Rilos. Don't tell my husband I said that."
"Vriany, you are so dead!" Rilos shouted, putting me down and tackling the wolf.
They scuffled around without actually hurting each other. Talia came closer to me.
"They do that pretty often. It allows them to strengthen their bond as Alpha and second and relieve stress. Don't be threatened by Vriany. He isn't attracted to Rilos. He says that to annoy him and to get his mind out of what he was thinking. He likes his husband more than anything."
"Good, I thought I would have to fight him. Thank you for coming as well, Talia. I know that Rilos relies and counts on you. And now that you know what happened to him, and to me, you'll be able to help him more."
"Yeah, and now that I know where he hides when he flees, he won't be able to escape me anymore."
"I wouldn't say that. He has more hiding place than that one."
"Really? Damn it. I'll count on you to find him for me, then."
"Alright." I said hugging her.
She smiled at me and gripped Vriany by his neck, dragging him to the door. Satie followed them.
"Bye, you two. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Bye Satie. Thank you for coming."
The door closed and I looked at Rilos, who was lying down, out of breath.
"I had momentarily forgotten that fighting a wolf when I'm human is a bit harder."
I sat beside him.
"Rilos, can I ask you something?"
"Always, sweetheart."
"Is there something more to the link than what you told me?"
"Like what?"
"Something that makes Keeshee so sure that you wouldn't hurt us after the link is in place."
"How does she know about that?"
Puppy catching a rabbit that came too close.
"Instincts, I think."
"That's logical. They always know those things before we do. Yeah, there is something like that. It's called Resonance. "