Chapter 17: Water and Childishness

600 reads!! Oh my God, you guys are awesome :) Here's next chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Just as he said that, someone knocked on the door.

****
"Who is it?"
"It's Ylna. She's coming to teach you to control water, remember?"
"Yes. She can come in. Can she hear my thoughts?"
"Only if you speak to her directly."
"Okay."
****

The door opened and a tall, blonde woman came in. She was wearing a gorgeous white dress. She looks like a goddess.
"Thank you, Lyra." she said, smiling.
I said that out loud? I really have to stop doing that.
"I'm Ylna, Alpha of the Southern wolves. It is so good to see Rilos' soul-mate. He waited so long for you."
Yeah, I learned that.
"No dwelling on the past. Now I have you, that's all that matter. I need to go, I have a lot to do. Ylna, I will unlock her power with water. Teach her well and if she hurts herself, I will be so mad, you don't even want to know."
"Scary."

****
"Good luck, sweetheart. If there is anything, just scream through the link and I'll come right away."
"I know," I said, hugging him.
"I love you, don't forget that."
"Never."
****

He nudged my neck and went out the door.
"So what kind of powers do you have, Lyra. I can call you Lyra, right?"
What would you call me if not by my given name?
"Well, most people call Rilos, your Highness or your Majesty. You will probably be called like that too. The kingdoms' Alphas call him Rilos, though. I wanted to make sure that was okay with you."
I don't think I want to be called "Your Majesty". Lyra is better.
"Lyra it is. So, your powers?"
I have control over the elements and an infinity symbol.
"So you're like Rilos. The infinity symbol basically means you have every power that exist. Soul-mates often have the same powers. Mine also controls water."
You have a soul-mate?
"Yes, her name is Myrie. Gentle. It suits her very well. I can't wait for you to meet her. Enough about me, let's start your training. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Very good. Now, imagine that you are in the shower. Do you feel the water sliding on you?"
I nodded.
"When you lift your arm, the water changes direction, right? Controlling water is like that. You have to feel it in your body and move it. When you'll be more experienced you won't even need to move, your thoughts will be enough to move the water. Open your eyes."
There was a glass of water on the table. The water shot out of the glass and fell on my arm.
"Move your arm up and down. You feel the water moving? Now do it without moving your arm."
I closed my eyes and felt. I imagined the water streaming down my arm and felt it move down. I opened my eyes in surprise. Did you do that?
"Haha, no, Lyra. You did that alone. Very impressive, you are indeed a natural. Do it again with your eyes open."
I did and saw the water moving up and down my arm. This is so cool!
"It is, isn't it? Now try this. Make it leave your arm and keep it in suspension."
I looked at the water and thought about it leaving my arm and staying there. It shot up my arm and formed bubbles hovering over. I turned to Ylna, smiling.
"Good. Can you assemble them together so they make one huge bubble?"
I did. This was awesome. I wish I wouldn't have been prevented from using my powers during all those years. It would have saved me from thirst some many times.
"You weren't allowed to use your powers?"
No, I think Dark-Soul was scared of me killing him with them. Or me finding my soul-mate.
"That bastard, I always hated him."
I know, it was mutual, I chuckled. I could hear him pestering about you when you left from visiting. She grinned.
"I knew it. Fire and water really don't get along, don't they? We were professional with each other, though. Now, throw me that bubble."
I threw it at her and she stopped it before it reached her. She threw it back at me but I wasn't prepared and it exploded all over me. She started laughing. Without her noticing, I made a ball with some of the water there was on me and made it explode on her.
"Oh, it's on." she laughed.
We started a huge water fight, shaping water different forms and throwing them at each other. Some missed and drenched the furniture. We didn't care until one exploded on Satie.
"When the cat is gone, the mice dance, don't they? Ylna, you're 105 years old. Can't you control yourself?"
"Sorry, Satie. It was practice, I swear. Look, take the water off her, Lyra."
Sorry Satie, I didn't mean to drench you, I said while moving the water.
"Dry those furniture before eating. We don't want mold growing here."
Ylna and I grinned at each other and started levitating the water. I made it into a wolf and made it run into the faucet of the bathroom. Ylna chuckled and made hers look exactly like Satie, which dived into the bath. We sat down and ate. Satie went out with the plate, but not before scolding us again and making us promise not to make a mess this afternoon.
"Now that you can control water well, I'll teach you to change its temperature."
She gave me a bubble of water.
"Make it levitate. Now, imagine it becoming ice. It's that easy. Good, turn it back to water. Imagine it becoming vapour. Keep the vapour contained so it doesn't go off. Make a bubble of vapour. Change it in ice."
This was easier than I imagined. We continued for about two hours, changing the state and form of water.
"The last thing I want to teach you is to find water, wherever you can. If you ever get attacked, which I don't think will happen now that Rilos has introduced you as his, you will be able to use water as a weapon. Let's sit down. Close your eyes and feel everything around you. Water is easy to spot, it's blue. Do you see it running all around the castle in the pipes?"
Yes, I can. Why do I also see in people-like shapes?
"You can see it?" she said surprised. "People are made of a lot of water and you can technically use it. It will make them move at your will, but only bad people do that. Unless you are fighting and desperate, never use the water inside someone. I heard there was an Alpha, a while back, who was using this technique. Rilos got really mad at him for forcing people to do what he wanted and took his powers away from him. Now that this is out of the way, make some of the water from the tank come to you. Good. Put it back and do it with your eyes open."
It took me a bit longer to do so with my eyes open but I did it.
"We finished earlier than expected. What do you want to do?"
Tell me about the Southern kingdom. What is it like?
"It's really beautiful. I'm sure Rilos will bring you once you're okay. There's a beach and a forest. It's usually really hot, except in the winter. The people are really nice and welcoming."
I guess a population takes after its Alpha. She smiled.
"You could say that. You have to understand that what happened to you in the Northern kingdom is not normal. No sane Alpha, or dominant, bashes on someone that's ranked lower than them. Beta and Omega are there to be protected, it's instinctive for an Alpha. From what I understand, you are not an Alpha and dominants should have protected you, not beaten you up. Cyrian inherited the kingdom from his father, who was a good man, and I guess Rilos didn't feel the need to question him. He thought that Cyrian would take after his father. Apparently he didn't and that's why Rilos is going to Wulfric, to find a sane Alpha who is going to be able to put the Northern kingdom on its feet."
Isn't finding a wolf with control over fire going to be hard? I thought it was really uncommon to have control over an element without being the kingdom's Alpha.
"It is, he will most likely choose the Alpha's personality first and his power second. If he doesn't control fire, Rilos is going to give him that power."
He can do that?
"He took away Cyrian's power, didn't he? He can easily give powers and take them back. Now, let's practice one more time before your soul-mate comes back."