Chapter 67: A Shattering Confession

Hey guys! I feel like I've been much quicker with this chapter than with the last fews. Maybe because the other ones were very long. Anyway, I'm glad that you still like the story. Don't forget to vote and comment; it makes me happy to interact with you all <3

    "What is it?"
    "From what I understand, Delalie was his favourite punching bag. I want to know to what extent he hurt her."
    I thought about it for a moment, trying to figure out why he was saying this to me and why he wasn't asking her himself. I saw myself in her. Got it.
    "You think she might have went through the same thing as I did and that she won't talk to you because you're a man."
    "That's what I'm afraid of."
    "I'll speak to her."
    I spotted the small woman standing in the corner, her arms crossed over her chest. I walked to her, occasionally stopping to say "hi" to some people.
    "Hi, Delalie. How are you doing?"
    She jumped, like she hadn't heard me arrive, and bowed.
    "Hello, my Queen. I'm feeling a lot better knowing that this man is behind bars."
    "You can get up, Delalie. I would like to talk to you in private, if you don't mind."
    "Not at all, your Majesty. Lead the way."
    I turned around and entered an adjacent room. She followed me and I closed the door behind her, creating a sound barrier once again.
    "Delalie, I want you to know that you can talk freely to me. No one can, or will, know what you say here. If I ask you a question and you don't want to answer, that's your decision and I will not force you to say anything to me. However, knowing what happened to you will help determine the severity of his punishment."
    "What you saw when you came was about how hard he would usually go. Occasionally, he would break more than my ribs and he gave me a few concussions, but he never broke my skin. I think that it's because blood would attract too much attention."
    She was nervously clenching her hands, avoiding my gaze.
    "That was as far as it got. I better get going," she said, walking towards the door.
    "Wait," I grabbed her wrist. "I know there's more. You're scared of saying it and I understand that. I've been through the same thing. You can tell me, Delalie."
    A flash of hope passed in her eyes, but it was quickly replaced by resignation.
    "I can't tell you anything more, your Majesty."
    He had probably ordered her to not talk about it to anyone. Since I was able to make him obey, my rank in the pack was probably higher than his. Maybe I could negate his command.
    "Then I have a question that is completely unrelated. Do you think you could answer it?"
    "Sure."
    "Can an Alpha over-ride the command of a dominant?"
    "Yes, and I know where you're going with this, but you can't do anything about that. You're an Omega. And anyone ranked higher than Cerc who would try would kill me."
    "So Cerc thinks that I am ranked lower than him, is that it?"
    "No, he knows that you are ranked higher than him since you're the Queen, but as an Omega, you can't over-ride his orders, so he didn't feel the need to include you specifically in the order."
    "It's a good thing that people don't do their research because he is wrong and that means I can help you."
    She stared at me, incomprehension plastered on her face.
    "I'll let you in a little secret, Delalie. I am not an Omega nor an Alpha. I am a mix of both and am not part of the pack structure. Therefore, I can use an Alpha voice without being completely one."
    I breathed and used it.
    "Delalie, everything that Cerc ordered you to and not to do or say is now null and void. You will never have to obey him ever again."
    She fell on the floor and, for an instant, I was scared that I had killed her. Her sobbing disproved that thought. I kneeled beside her, stroking her hair.
    "It's okay. It must be such a relief to finally be able to do what you want. Take the time you need."
    She threw herself in my arms, making me stumble backward. Strangely, I was getting used to this happening to me and stopped my fall using my powers. I stayed there until she calmed down. She sat back up, sniffling and drying her eyes.
    "Oh, I'm sorry, your Majesty. Your shoulder is all wet because of me."
    "It's just water, Delalie." I made it disappear. "See? It's dry now. Are you feeling better?"
    "So much better. I've not felt this free in years."
    "He was coming at you from the beginning?"
    "No, he started to target me specifically about two years ago."
    "Why you?"
    "I'm having an affair."
    "With him?"
    "Ew, no. With his daughter who is unhappily married. It's a political marriage and they don't love each other."
    "These things are still happening?"
    "Officially, no. Unofficially, sometimes. Some things are hard to change from people's mentality. She was fine with marrying someone she didn't care about that much. She thought that they would get to know each other and that love would fall in place. Then she met me and it was love at first sight for both of us. Her husband learned about it a few months ago. He is genuinely happy for us and wants us to be together. He encouraged her to get a divorce and Cerc learned about it. That's when it got more violent. He knew that we were seeing each other, but having an affair is one thing, getting a divorce to marry your mistress is an other one."
    "Still not a good reason to hurt you. Do you want to tell me?"
    She began trembling against me.
    "You don't have to Delalie. I understand how difficult this is and I will be there whenever you need me."
    "The rest of the staff and I would always speculate about what kind of person you would be. Somehow, we thought that you'd be the King's polar opposite. In reality, you are very similar. Since you are soul-mates, you have the same powers as him, correct?"
    "Yes."
    "Can I show you instead? I can't find the words to explain what happened."
    "Sure. Whatever makes you more comfortable."
    I placed my hand on hers. For some reason, physical contact made it easier for me to see inside people's minds.
    I was standing in her room and Cerc was in front of me.
    "So you and my precious daughter, uh?"
    "If she was precious to you, you wouldn't have forced her to get married to someone she doesn't love," Delalie scowled.
    On these words, he pounded her with his fists and feet until she was unable to move. He stood over her, breathing heavily. If he had possessed horns, he would have been the spitting image of a bull. Once she started moving again, he used his Alpha voice.
    "Strip."
    Her eyes widened, but she was unable to do otherwise. He looked at her naked body with disdain and walked to the table.
    "Don't worry. I'm not going to touch you. After all, I don't want to be dirtied by you. This should do the trick," he said, grabbing a glass bottle.
    I screamed and the windows exploded around us. It was my turn to jump in Delalie's arms, crying all over her. Alerted by the sound, Rilos irrupted in the room. I looked at him through the veil of my tears and felt my face harden from the rage.
    "Rilos, I want to kill this man."