Chapter 43: And His

Hi guys! I know this chapter is up late, but I worked all day instead of just the morning like I was scheduled. I actually can't believe I was able to write it in such a small period of time. Anyway, have fun reading it! Love you all and don't forget to vote and comment :) <3

"I was going back to our room, talking to some people along the way, when I felt your uneasiness. I thought that you might just have been remembering past events, so I didn't pay that much attention to it. Then I heard you scream. My blood froze in my veins. I appeared in our room and saw you, clothes ripped from you body. Your shoulder was covered in blood and your eyes... You looked the same way you did in Mikyan's jail. Unlike you, I didn't see myself. I only saw Henina, a hand pinning your arms above your head and the other between your legs. If you hadn't been in such a bad state, I would have dismembered her that very instant. I threw her in jail and turned my attention to you. I foolishly thought that you would only need a bit of reassurance to be alright. At the same time, I didn't know that you thought I was the one who attacked you. To say that I was devastated when you recoiled away from me would be an understatement. When you said "I trusted you", the whole world came crashing down around me."
"I'm so sorry, Rilos."
I lowered my head, tears running down my cheeks. I knew that my words had hurt him, but knowing and hearing it from him were two different things. He raised my chin with his hand, drying the tears with the other.
"Hey, hey, hey. Don't you dare be sorry, Lyra. You thought I had just violated you and you were terrified. You acted like every other person would have, especially considering your history with men. I knew a relapse could happen, but I never thought that I would be the cause of it. You have to understand that at that point, I didn't know that she had used my image to do those things to you. I was confused as to why you were acting this way towards me. And yes, I was mad. I was mad at Henina for doing something so cruel to you. I was mad at the world for making you go through all these hardships. I was mad at myself for, once again, not have been able to protect you. But, I was never, ever, mad at you. When I exited our room, I wanted answers, fast. I went down in the dungeons and beat Henina until she told me what she had done."
"Couldn't you just have extracted the memories from her mind?"
"I could have, but I had just found her raping you. I was not in a conciliating mood. She gave it up pretty fast. Who knew that people don't like having their head bashed against a wall until their skull broke? I couldn't believe that she had used me against you in such a terrible way. I told her that if she told anyone what she had done, I would show her that having your heart ripped out isn't even that painful compared to what I was able to do. I took away her powers and went in one of my secluded areas. It's at the bottom of a mountain and it is beautiful when I'm not angry out of my mind. I let out all of my rage and let's say that I may or may not have burned every tree in the area, several times. Before you worry, no, I didn't kill any animals or werewolves and, yes, I made the forest grow back after I was done. Burning wasn't satisfying enough, and, I know you'll be mad, I wasn't hurting enough. I made a tree unbreakable and started punching it until I lost all notion of time."
"Had you broken your hand before I got to you?"
"Yes."
"How many times?"
"I lost track of the number after the tenth time."
Water rose in my eyes for the second time since he had begun talking. I threw my arms around his neck and started sobbing against his shoulder. I think that he was surprised by the fact that I was ready so soon to be that close to him because it took him a few seconds to encircle my body to comfort me.
"Shh, don't cry, sweetheart. You didn't make me break my hand. I did that because I was angry at everything and it was the only way I found to repent. I stopped as soon as I felt you being scared. I thought that something else had happen and projected my mind in our room, but I saw you lying in your bed. I couldn't find what was wrong so I went inside your mind and called you. When you got too close, I went back out so you wouldn't have to see me. I didn't know whether I had freed you or not. I sat under the tree and waited for a sign to tell me that you had made it. I don't know how long after, I felt your despair and our link broke. This was the most terrifying moment of my entire existence. I thought you were about to die and I went completely insane. I told myself that the reason for which you were at the brink of death should at least get there before you did. I went back to the castle, forcibly teleported the Judge, Vriany, Talia, Satie and Henina in the arena, and showed them what she had done to you. The only thing I said was: "She dies". Then I went all in and tortured her in ways I didn't think were possible. I was in such a state, I don't even remember half of the things I did to her. Burning, cutting, tearing, crushing, breaking. All I know is that I ripped out her heart and every time it grew back, I would tear it out again. At one point, the Judge asked me to stop, but I couldn't. I wanted her to suffer just as much as we both did. Suddenly, our link came back. I could feel you crying and I snapped out of the trance I was in. I decapitated Henina and went back to the mountain. I followed our link and changed my voice and appearance to avoid scaring you. It took me some time to find you, but I finally did when you talked to me. This time, I was sure that I brought you back because I stayed to make sure of it and saw you wake up. Guilt and sadness showed their ugly noses and I started breaking my hands again. Most of my head was focused on that, but another part is always focused on you. That part sent you the light sphere. It would show up when you thought about me. That caused a micro breach in my protections and Talia was able to go right through them. She has a knack for finding people, even when they don't want to. I didn't spot her presence immediately, which tells a lot about my state of mind at that point. She stayed there until I did. I told her that I would eventually come around, but that I needed more time. Then I made her swear not to tell you anything and continued punching that poor tree. After that, I saw you and thought that you weren't real. How could you have been here, touching and talking to me, when you were so scared of my mere presence? I understood that you were real when I saw you cry. I would never imagine you being sad because I don't want you to be. I wanted to change into my wolf but you wouldn't let me, so I waited for you to calm down. I was so happy to be able to touch you after so long. I thought you would back off once you got calm again, so I savoured those seven hours like I never had before, especially knowing that you almost died. Then you came back to life and know the rest. Now, do you still have questions?"
"Don't be mad, okay? Satie told me that you didn't but I know that she would lie to protect both of us. When you were in your frenzy, you didn't rape Henina, did you?"
"No, of course not. Lyra, I know this might be hard to understand considering what you went through, but stable werewolves don't rape."
"You weren't exactly stable at that point."
"You're right, but even at my most insane moments, doing something like this never crossed my mind. Anything else?"
"Yes, but can we eat first?"
"What time is it?"
"Around five."
"Time is flowing strangely fast today. Yeah, let's eat."
He took my hand and brought me back inside where we ate. When we finished, he tried to make me go outside, but I decided that I wanted this talk to happen inside. We sat on the couch, I took a deep breath and asked what had been running around in my mind since the beginning of our conversation.
"Rilos, are you going to bite me?"