Chapter 33: Unexpected Reaction

Hey guys! Here's the new chapter! Hope you like it! Love you all and don't forget to vote and comment :) <3

"Good evening, ladies. Thank you for staying with Lyra all day long. You can go eat your supper now."
"The pleasure is ours, my King. Lyra really is fun to hang out with." Felia said going out the door with Kylanne.
He closed the door behind them and looked at me.
"So you learned how to fly."
He floated to my level, without any wings.
"How are you doing that?"
"It's like telekinesis but on your body instead of an object. Go ahead, try it."
I imagined myself floating and made my wings disappear. It worked. I was flying around the room, going in circles, up and down, doing backflips and figures. Rilos caught my wrist when I went near him.
"Lyra, I believe we have some things we need to discuss. Let's go down."
He dragged me to the bed and we sat on it. I knew what he wanted to talk about. He had seen the Judge this afternoon and now he was pissed that I didn't tell him my plans first. He opened his mouth to talk, but I cut him off.
"I know that I should have talked to you before doing something like that, but I was so mad at the Judge for hurting you that I wanted to tell him myself. I know that you wouldn't have let me talk to him alone, so that's why I didn't tell you. Also don't blame Felia and Kylanne, they had nothing to do with this. I saw how you were after the fight, but he didn't and I wanted him to know how much it hurt you to have to go through this. I didn't like seeing you hurt and I wanted to do something to prevent it from happening again. I'm sorry if the Judge is mad, but I can't promise never to do it again because your happiness means more to me than the Judge's feelings."
While I was talking, Rilos had gotten up. When I finished, he hugged me and made us fall on the bed.
"Rilos, what are you doing?"
"Haha, sorry. I was just so happy, I couldn't contain myself. It seems like every time something happens, you affirm your feelings for me even more and somehow that makes me very happy. You make me feel like a clumsy teenager all over again even though I have been an adult for so long."
"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"
"You have never brought anything bad in my life, Lyra."
"I brought you pain and sadness."
"Maybe, but you also made my life so much more lively and happier. Now, regarding the Judge."
"Oh, oh."
"Don't worry, he's not mad at you. In fact, he was very proud when he told me what you did."
"What? Why? I threatened to kill him."
"And that's exactly how you should react. He hurt a member of your pack and you reacted accordingly. For his defence, he didn't know that she would do something like that and neither did I or I would have insisted a lot more on having the complete power. He was proud and said: "I'm glad that you found a Queen that will stand up for what is wrong even if she's scared of her interlocutor. She has a strong backbone despite what she went through. Everyone will love her, like they love you." He's right, you are the strongest person I know, and I know everybody. Every day that passes, you find a new way to amaze me. I mean, you just learned how to fly on your own. Words can't describe how glad I am that you are my soul-mate."
"So, no one is mad at me?"
"Nope."
"Not even you? I didn't ask you before doing this."
"I would have been mad if you had put you or someone else in danger. You didn't. Plus, you don't need to ask me every time you want to do something. If you deem yourself ready and that it's not dangerous for anyone, including you, you can do what you want. You are not a prisoner and I am more than happy that you are beginning to get out of your shell."
"Can I show you something else?"
"Anything you want."
I took him by the hand and guided him to the balcony. We sat down. I used the new trick I had developed to grow a flower I had once seen in the Northern kingdom.
"You can grow flowers on your own. Well, I guess you don't need this garden anymore."
He started to move his hands around. I caught them.
"No, I like this one. Don't make it disappear."
"I was just kidding, Lyra."
I frowned and made him levitate.
"Promise you'll never destroy it or I'm letting you fall off the balcony."
"Don't do it, my Queen! I promise never to destroy it and love you for eternity. Just put me down." he said with fake fear in his voice.
I looked at him pensively.
"Very well. I'll let it go this time."
I put him down and, as soon as he touched the ground, he caught me in his arms and dangled me over the balcony's edge.
"Now, I'm the one making the requests! Do you promise to always defend your pack?"
"Yes!"
"Do you promise to never put them in danger?"
"Yes."
"Do you promise never to put yourself in danger?"
"No, because I might have to put myself in danger to protect them."
"Good answer. Do you promise to always be fair in your judgements?"
"Yes, except when it comes to you. I seem to always go overboard."
"I'll accept this. Finally, do you promise to love me for the rest of your life?"
I didn't know how to respond to that one. I wanted to say yes, but I didn't know what love was. He noticed my hesitation and brought me back against him. He sat down with me on his lap.
"Hey, it's fine. You don't have to answer if you're not ready. I understand."
"It's not that. It's just... Can you, um, explain to me what love feels like?"