Chapter 52: Changing For The Better

Hey guys! I just want to tell you that your comments always make me happy and warm my heart :D I love every single one of you because if it wasn't for you, I might not have continued to post it for so long. Have fun reading this chapter and don't forget to comment and vote <3 :)

Days passed. Vriany would come during the day for a few hours and Rilos would help me get used to seeing him as a human during the evening.
Rain was falling hard and I was sitting alone in front of my supper. The girls went to eat their in the hall and Rilos was at the Northern kingdom to see how things were going along there with Sivir and Liore. So here I was eating alone. When I was done, I looked out and something got into me. I went out under the pouring rain.
I laid there, staring up at the sky. I could feel each drop falling on my skin and gliding down to reach the ground. My toes were getting colder by the minute, but I didn't care at all. I was where I wanted to be at that moment. Each drop brought a question, an answer, a word, a feeling, a memory. Would I be able to talk again? Was this feeling of love I had grow until I wouldn't be able to contain it? Why didn't I want to tell Rilos about it? Would this fear inside me go away? Time would heal the scars and love would make them faint. I felt warm. I was happy; happy to be alive and loved. I remembered the feeling of Rilos' lips against mine, against my cheek. Tears escaped my eyes, mixing with the raindrops, as I chuckled lightly. I was in love with him. I had never dared to dream that I would feel this way in my life, and yet, here I was, drowning in a feeling I had never experienced before. I crossed my arms over my eyes, closing them. Why couldn't I tell him? He had told me on so many occasions and he was being honest every time he said it. Why were these three words holding so much meaning, hope and trust? Why were they this hard to say?
"Rilos, I miss you."
"I missed you too, sweetheart."
"How long have you been standing there?"
"Long enough to see your mood change from happy to sad. How long have you been laying here under the rain?"
"Since it started raining."
"Lyra, that was an hour ago."
"Really? It didn't feel that long."
"Do you want to step inside?"
"No, I want to stay here longer."
"Alright."
I felt him move and lay beside me. I removed my arms from my face and took his hand, intertwining our fingers together.
"Rilos?"
"Yes, sweetheart?"
"Can you ask Vriany to come here?"
"Sure."
"As a human."
"What? Lyra, are you sure?"
"Yes. I trust you to protect me and I trust him not to hurt me."
"That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me."
I punched him on the bicep.
"Don't be ridiculous, I once said that you were sexy." 
"Yeah you did."
Rilos turned his head towards the door.
"He's here. Are you sure that you are ready?"
"Yes."
"Where do you want to be?"
"Next to you."
"I meant in the room, red ridding hood," he laughed.
"I knew that, big bad wolf. Let's just sit on the couch then."
He pulled me by the hand and we sat down.
"Vriany, are you in your wolf form at the moment?"
"Yes."
"You can come in."
Rilos opened the door and he walked in.
"How long do you have?"
"Until next morning."
"Won't your husband be upset that you aren't with him tonight?" I asked.
"It's not the first time it happens. Plus, I told him that it was for you so he didn't complain."
"Alright, close your eyes. Not you, Vriany."
I started laughing as I closed my eyes. There was a shift in the air.
"What do I do now?"
"Nothing. You wait for her to calm down."
"I am calm."
"You can come closer. Stop. How are you feeling, Lyra?"
"Good. He's not as scary as you are."
"You little rascal. Feel my anger," he said, tickling me.
I bursted out laughing, shifting left and right trying to avoid his fingers.
"Who would have known that our Queen would be this ticklish?"
"Rilos... stop... please," I said out of breath.
"Fine, but just because you asked so nicely and that Vriany is here."
"Vriany, maybe you shouldn't leave me with this mad man."
"No, you two are too funny and adorable together for me to never leave you alone. Besides, Rilos wouldn't be happy if I didn't give you privacy."
"He's right; I wouldn't be. Do you want to try opening your eyes, sweetheart?"
I nodded and added:
"Could you just back off to the door, Vriany?"
"Anything for you, my Queen."
"How about stopping calling me that when we're in private, which I told you before?"
"Anything for you, Lyra."
"You two are so similar that it's almost scary."
"He's at the door. Take your time, Lyra. There is no rush."
My eyes fluttered open and I fixed my gaze on his feet.
"Vriany, your socks don't match."
"I had to dress up fast."
"Why weren't you dressed? Never mind, I don't want to know."
My sight traveled up his body. He was dressed in black and looked very professional despite his socks.
"What is it with you all being freakishly tall?"
As I said that, I arrived at Vriany's face. My heartbeat doubled and I clung to Rilos, tears swelling up in my eyes. My hands were shaking imperceptibly.
"Lyra, let's stop this for now. You already did more than what we expected."
"No, I can do this; I want to do this."
"Vriany, you move, you loose an arm. I don't care about your husband's fury at this point."
He proceeded to calm me down by shushing and rubbing my arm slowly. He pressed his lips on the top of my head and, for some reason, it calmed me instantly.
"Rilos, how did you do that?"
"I have no idea, but I'm glad it worked."
He dried my tears with his thumbs, keeping his lips on my head. I focused on Vriany's face once more. His hair was blond, almost the same colour as Rilos, but his eyes were purple like mine. I chuckled.
"You know if I didn't know better, I would say that you are our child."
He smiled.
"Should I start calling you "mom" then?"
"Please don't, Vriany. I don't want you calling me "dad"."
"Oh come on, dad. You're no fun."
"I swear to the stars, Blondie..." Rilos shouted, jumping at him.
"Mom, do something! Dad's going to hit me."
"I have a strange feeling that you wouldn't hate it as much as you say you would."
"Mom!"
"Lyra!" they shouted at the same time.
"What?"
"Maybe I'm the one who shouldn't be left alone with her, Vriany."
"I don't want to be alone with you more than we already are, dad."
Rilos punched him in the stomach. While they were busy fighting, I got up and walked to them slowly, taking deep breaths. Arrived at their level, I picked Rilos' hand and pulled him up. I looked at Vriany and extended a shaking hand towards him.
"Need help getting up?"
"Maybe another time, Lyra. You don't seem very ready for that."
I frowned and forcefully grabbed his hand, putting him back on his feet.
"Don't tell your mother what to do, child," I smiled.
He looked at my hand, than at me with eyes wide open.
"You did it!"
"Of course I did. I didn't spend hours in front of your portrait for nothing."
"Wait, what?"
"You really think that I was going to throw her directly in front of a real man, Vriany? Do you think I'm that horrible?"
"Yes."
"For the love of..."
"Stop. No fighting."
"But, mom!"
"I said no, Vriany. Now back to your room before I ground you. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Tomorrow?"
"Yes. We are continuing this until I am able to hug you for at least thirty seconds without wanting to scrub in the shower until I no longer feel my skin."
"Alright, then. Good night, both of you," he said, removing his hand from mine.
"Good night," we replied.
As soon as he got out of the room, Rilos took me in his arms, spinning me around.
"You did it, Lyra! I'm so proud of you!"
"Rilos, you're proud of me every time I do something," I chuckled. "Now, put me down before I throw up."
He stopped spinning and I put my hands on his face. He put his on mine and lightly rubbed his cheek on my palm. I stood on my toes and pressed my lips on his. He smiled against them and pulled back shortly after.
"I missed this."
"Me too."
"To bed, sleepy head. Enough emotions for today."
I pouted.
"I want another one first."
"Yes, your Majesty," he chuckled, giving me a peck on the lips.