Chapter 92: Here For You

Hey guys! Hooray for another long chapter (well, to my standards at least)! I'm starting Uni this Tuesday and I'm both excited and terrified. I really hope that I'll have time to write but we'll see. I might go down to a chapter a week if I have a lot of work. I included a picture which is relevant to the chapter ;) It's gorgeous, don't you think? Anyway, I hope you like the chapter. Have fun reading it! Don't forget to vote and comment :) Love you all <3

"Weren't we supposed to go talk to Yrebor?" I wondered when Rilos teleported us back to the castle.
"His shop closes at 17h. I don't want to force him to close early. If he needs our help, we'll be able to stay with him. Beside, you really should eat. You finally reached a normal weight and I don't want it to go down again."
"If we're going to eat, why didn't you teleport us to the dining hall?"
"Unless you don't mind everyone seeing you eat on my lap, we should eat here."
"Why do you want me eating on your lap?"
"Because I need you right now. I need to be holding you because I currently have very little control over my actions and I might just snap if I'm not touching you."
"I can't say 'no' to that. You know, you should be selfish more often. I feel like it's beneficial to the both of us. Probably because our happiness are one and the same."
"Saying stuff like that will only cause me to forget about eating all together."
I was about to answer that I didn't mind waiting longer to eat when my own stomach betrayed me. He laughed and said that this was not something he could forget. Not long after we were done, there was a knock.
"Your Majesty? It's us! Can we come in?"
"Is that okay with you, Rilos?"
"As if I would prevent you from seeing your friends."
"Alright, girls, come in!"
Upon entering, they all reacted differently. Felia grinned from ear to ear, Sanaelle blushed profusely and Kylanne winked at me.
"What's with you all? Is there something going on that I'm not aware of?"
"Maybe we are acting this way because we are not used to seeing you two being this touchy with each other when there are other people around, us included."
I then realized that I was still on Rilos' lap, my hands over his, his being wrapped around my waist and under my shirt. Despite being aware that the girls were watching us, neither of us moved. We probably needed this so much that even shyness couldn't get in the way.
"It's needed. For the both of us," explained my soul-mate. "Who says something like this to a child," he added, whispering, referring to what I had talked about earlier.
"He's dead. He can't hurt me anymore."
"Does this have anything to do with the incident that occurred in the gardens this morning, Lyra?" asked Sanaelle.
"How do you even know about that? It was supposed to be kept quiet."
"My sister tends to the gardens. She smelled the blood and asked me to check on you as she was worried for your safety. Since I couldn't find you, I went to Vriany who told me that you were safe and asked me to tell my sister to keep her mouth shut about the blood. I'm relieved to see you both unharmed and well."
"Had you seen us a few hours ago, you wouldn't be saying that. Rilos didn't have anything beating inside his chest, well, the part of it that wasn't destroyed. Without Keeshee, I don't know in what state we would be right now."
"Keeshee?"
Right. I had never told them about her. I tapped Rilos' hand and he let me go. I jumped off and transformed before touching the ground. This was getting easier and easier. I would soon be on the same level as I was before although a few adjustments would have to be done considering my new size.
"No way! Look how white her fur is! And how tall she is! She's even bigger than you, Kylanne. She's as big as his Highness. Her eyes look so pretty. Stars, I want to marry someone with a wolf as cute as her!"
"Felia," we all sighed.
"Sorry. You know how I get when I'm excited. I mean, this is really great. She's been unable to get out for months. I can't even imagine being without mine for a second. We should ask Balio for a cake."
"Felia, her transformation is something that must stay in this room. Like today, people not knowing that she can turn can be to our advantage. I'm sure that monster will be as surprised as these men were when you fight him now that you've blocked him."
"You were connected to Sadist?"
"I still am. Rilos simply taught me how to prevent him from getting into my head."
"You know what you need, Lyra? Fresh air."
"I got some fresh air this morning and it did not end well."
"No, you need to go to the village. Talk to people and experience the life outside these walls. We missed our opportunity in the Southern kingdom but here, the King can dispatch his own guards, right? And we'll be here to protect you as well, not that you need it of course."
"Can we go, please?" I begged, transforming back.
"Don't look at me like that," he grumbled. "Of course, you can go. This is not a jail. You are free to do what you want as long as you don't endanger anyone including yourself."
"I know. Thank you! You're the best." I jumped at his neck and kissed him.
"I'll still get some guards to follow you around. Not too close so they don't ruin your afternoon, but close enough so they can intervene if there's something. Beside, I fully trust your friends."
"Is the town too far away if you stay here, Rilos? I don't want to hurt you by going."
"It is indeed too far, which is why I'll go as well. I have to investigate some things there anyway."
"It's settled! Let's go have fun, Lyra!"
"Wait. One more thing. Here," he said, giving me a package he had just made appear. "You should take this if you want to stay incognito."
I sat down and carefully opened it. It was a blue cloak made from the softest fabric I had ever touched.
"My father gave it to my mother after their soul-mate ceremony. I thought you should have it. Sanaelle shortened it so it would fit you since my mother was a lot taller than you are. Do you like it?"
"Rilos, it's so beautiful. I don't think I..."
"Lyra, you will look beautiful in it and I want you to wear it. I'm sure my parents would have wanted you to have it as well. If you don't wear it, nobody ever will and I'll continue to gift it to you every day."
"I'm tempted to refuse it just to see how long you would actually try. Thank you, Elun. I'll wear it with pride."
"I wouldn't expect anything less from you," he smiled, helping me tie it. He brought the hood over my head, cupped my face and kissed me tenderly. "As I thought. Beautiful." The cool air hit us. We were at the outskirts of the town. "I'll come find you at five, alright? Be careful and if you need anything, talk to me."
"You be careful! I'm just going shopping. You're the one who might be going after dangerous people."
He waved, drew his hood and disappeared. Felia sighed.
"Now I really can't wait to find the one. You two lovebirds are just too cute."
"Where do you think I could find something to thank him for the cloak?"
The girls glanced at each other and grinned. Felia grabbed my hand and we ran inside the village.
"You can't be serious."
"He will love it and you know it."
"Girls, this is..."
"It's perfect."
"Just take it. What do you have to lose?"
"They are right, Milady. This would please your significant other even if they are blind. It's stunning," said the shop keeper.
****
"How am I supposed to pay her? I don't have anything to exchange."
"Think of an object or service you can offer. Your powers are infinite; I'm sure you can think of something," answered Kylanne.
****
Something I could give, uh? I looked around. The place was dimmed. I could create lights.
"Owner? Would lights be sufficient as an exchange for this?"
"Why that would be wonderful. Would making them red too much to ask?"
"Absolutely not." I immediately created a dozen red lights and made them float around the shop. "If you ever need to change where they are, just come to the castle. I live there."
"Thank you very much. Would you like me to wrap this?"
"I would appreciate that."
Once she was done I teleported it back to our room under some of my clothes so Rilos wouldn't find it. We then spent the rest of the afternoon hopping from shop to shop and finished the day in a small cake shop. The weight on my chest was suddenly removed. I smiled.
"Hi, Elun. Was your search successful?"
"In a way. Nobody here helped them. Are you ready to go?"
"Yeah. I had a really fun time, girls. Thank you. Let's do it again soon."
"We're here for you no matter the time or the place. You can talk or teleport us any time," said Sanaelle.
"Do you want to walk back, ladies, or do you want a ride?"
"With the rain that's about to pour, we'll take the fastest way, your Highness."
They disappeared and Rilos guided me to Yrebor's bakery. As expected, it was closed but Yrebor was inside. I knocked and uncovered my face. He quickly opened the door.
"Your Majesties? What can I help you with?"
"Would you mind letting us in, Yrebor? We need to talk to you."
"Of course. Please come to the back. I have a couple of chairs. Would you like some leftover cookies or bread?"
"No, thank you. Please, sit down with us."
"If you're here," he sighed, complying. "It's because my son didn't choose the right path. I'm sorry you had to kill him, your Majesty."
"You knew?" I stammered.
"Yrebor's a seer, Lyra."
"I have know how he would die since he was born. A redhead who could transform into a white wolf. He must have hurt you badly, your Highness, for her to snap like that. I apologize."
"You can't blame yourself for his action, Yrebor. I know that you tried to guide him to the right path, even more after he learned about his mother, but Norel was an adult. He made his own decisions and as such, suffered the consequences of his actions. Even if Lyra hadn't killed him, we would have had no other choice but to invoke a Dula on him. He had attacked his King and they were planning to rape Lyra once they were done beating me. Leaving them alive was not an option."
"His anger would have died down with time but this man took advantage of it and fuelled it with everything he had. Norel wanted a scapegoat and he chose the wrong one. I told him about how you saved him when you were a small child. He refused to hear the truth."
"I'm sorry. Maybe I should have done something. Show him what happened. Make him see who the real enemy was."
"Lyra, you are not allowed to blame yourself either," scolded Rilos.
"Up until I learned your story, your Majesty, I was terrified of you. I thought you would kill my son because you were insane or because you liked killing. When my son first told me about you, I insisted that we move away to my late wife. She didn't listen and argued that you needed her. She was almost convinced but died before we could. I was told that she had committed suicide but in the back of my head, I kept wondering if you had not killed her. So I moved with Norel and came here. I thought that maybe being closer to the King would somehow protect us. When you came here and the King told us what Cyrian and his son had done to you, I settled for the insane scenario. I couldn't imagine that someone wouldn't go insane from being done things like that. Then I met you. I saw how you reacted to us, to my son raising his voice and to the memories of my late wife. I knew at that moment that you weren't insane and that you would never kill for fun. I had to get used to the idea that my son's death would most likely be the result of his own actions."
"I'm sorry, Yrebor. If you ever need anything, we'll be here."
"Thank you, your Majesties. I'll show you out."
"Please don't do anything rash. You have a wife who loves you and step-kids who would be devastated to lose another father."
"I'll remember this, my Queen. Please do the same and don't blame yourself. You did what you were made for: protect your soul-mate." His voice changed and became ethereal. "Love is a double-edged sword. Don't wait too long or you will get hurt. Both of you." He shook his head. "Did I say something weird? I hate when I do that, but it's usually very good advices. You should listen to me, whatever I said."
"You seers are scary and I'm really glad that there aren't more of you," commented Rilos. "Tell us where you want to have him buried. We'll make sure that you have what you need." We appeared in our bedroom. "What a day. Good thing they aren't always like this. I don't think we would survive."
"Tell me about it. I would go mad. I couldn't stand you getting hurt every day."
He chuckled and brought our supper here. We ate on the couch, snuggled up against each other and fell asleep soon after. Blood plagued my dreams that night but every time I would wake up screaming, Rilos was there to comfort me and put me back to sleep.