Chapter 35: A First Taste of Love

Hey guys! Rilos and Lyra finally kissed :o I was waiting to write this since the beginning! It makes me so happy :) Hopefully, it makes you as happy. Have fun reading it! While I was stuck on what to write last chapter, I had a burst of creativity in the drawing department. This is what came up. I might had more to the next chapters as well. Love you all! Don't forget to vote and comment.

Rilos tensed up when he felt my lips against his. After hesitating for a moment, he moved them with mine. This kiss was nothing like the ones Sadist had forced upon me. Rilos' were chaste and gentle, like he was afraid that I would break in his arms. I felt my stomach flutter. It was a sensation I could get used to. My head was starting to spin from the lack of oxygen. With a hint of regret, I pulled away from his lips. My breathing was erratic and my cheeks were heating up, but I was grinning like an idiot for some reason. His eyes fluttered open. They were filled with confusion, surprise but mostly joy. A smile broke on his face. He hugged me and started spinning us around in the air, laughing. I began to laugh with him. I tapped his shoulder playfully.
"Stop spinning. I'm going to be sick." I chuckled.
"Sorry."
He stopped and set us down on our feet, but kept me close to him. My arms were around his neck and, despite being back on the floor, I decided to leave them there. He looked down at me, a mocking smile on his face.
"Are you going to let me go?"
His voice was raspy from the emotions. I shook my head. I was right where I wanted to be. Also, I wasn't sure if my legs would hold my weight after that and my mind was still foggy. Rilos chuckled and lifted me up. He sat on the couch, putting me on his lap.
"That was... I think my brain might have stopped working. I can't wrap my mind around anything. I just feel so happy."
He stopped talking, thought and asked:
"Are you happy? Did you force yourself to kiss me?"
Since actions speak louder than words, I straddled his lap, firmly planting my lips on his, my hands cupping his face. He returned the kiss with enthusiasm, putting his arms around my shoulders. I broke the kiss, looking at him through my half-closed lids, biting my lower lip. His smile was even bigger than last time.
"Wow. Does that mean that you didn't force yourself?"
I nodded.
"Is it hoping too much that you liked it as well?"
Blood crept up on my face. I buried it in the crook of his neck. He chuckled and moved my head away from his neck.
"I told you before, I don't want you to hide your expressions from me. So, was that a "yes"?"
"Maybe."
"Maybe?"
"Are you really going to make me say it?" I pouted.
"Yes, because I want you to be able to express your feelings no matter what they are."
"It was."
"What was?"
I blushed even more, if that was possible.
"I liked kissing you and I want to do it more from now on."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"Am I allowed to be the one to kiss you first?"
"Only if I'm allowed to do the same."
He kissed me on the nose.
"Deal."
I put my hands over it.
"You kissed my nose."
"Yes. Is that not allowed?"
"I thought you only kissed on the lips."
"You can kiss everywhere you feel like, sweetheart. Is that okay with you?"
I thought about it for a moment. I wasn't ready to go very far, but I knew that he would understand that.
"Yes, but don't go too far."
"I'll always respect your limits, Lyra. Even if it means waiting 500 years for you to be ready to go further."
"At the pace I am going right now, I don't think that you will have to wait that long."
"That's a nice thing to hear."
"Maybe 450 years."
He laughed.
"Funny."
I yawned. All these emotions really sucked my energy out of my body.
"Let's put you in bed."
"No, I don't want to."
"Come on, stop being a child."
"I'm only 18, I am still a child."
"Don't say that, you'll make me a pedophile."
"Fine. I'm an adult, but I still want to stay up."
"How about going to the garden? We could stay there until you fall asleep."
"I'd like that."
"It's settled."
He carried me there and laid down on the ground. I put my head on his stomach, eyes towards the sky.
"Rilos, will I really have a new lady-in-waiting?"
"Yes, and this time, I made sure that none of them were a psychopath."
"That'll be a nice change. Do you know who she is?"
"No, Satie was still hesitating. She should have made up her mind by tomorrow morning."
"I just realized that I totally forgot to ask you how your day went."
"The personnel and guards are all loyal and would never hurt you. Satie was a bit bummed by the perspective of having to supervise children. The new candidate for the Judge's position will be as good as the current one within a few years. Sivir will be the next Alpha. Liore will be his second-in-command."
"Was he disappointed not to be the Alpha?"
"Not at all. He was happy to be serving under Sivir. They have been friends since they were born and this will only make their bond stronger."
"That's good then."
"How about you? How was your day?"
"Nothing much. Threatening the Judge, learning to fly and grow flowers, finally understanding what love is, kissed my soul-mate for the first time. You know, the usual."
"I already knew all of those things."
"I talked with the girls about the future lady-in-waiting. It was fun."
I yawned again. I felt Rilos' lips pressing on the top of my head as I fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night. I looked beside me, but Rilos wasn't there. I searched around the room and saw him sleeping in the garden. I frowned. What was he doing there? Why was he sleeping outside while I was inside? Had he put me in bed, went back outside and fallen asleep? I called him.
"Rilos?"
His eyes fluttered open.
"Yes, Lyra."
"What are you doing sleeping outside?"
He hesitated before answering.
"Truth?"
"Always."
He sighed and put his hands over his eyes.
"When you sleep, you snuggle close to me. Really close. Like my-legs-between-yours-and-my-stomach-against-yours close. And that makes it very, very hard for me to control myself. So if I have to sleep outside in order for me not to scare or hurt you, that's what I'll do."
I was conflicted. I didn't want him to sleep outside for my sake. At the same time, he was right. I wasn't ready at all for a man's desire. I looked at the bed and imagined it becoming two separate smaller bed. It worked and I looked back at Rilos.
"Here, now you can sleep inside."
He walked back inside and laid on the new bed.
"Thank you, sweetheart. That was such a simple solution. I wonder why I didn't think of this."
"I'm amazing, remember?"
"Damn right you are."
I smiled and closed my eyes, falling asleep one more time.