Chapter 32: Not Mad at You

Hey guys! I still can't get over the fact that the story has over 2k views in less than 2 months of it beginning to be published. Your support means so much to me. Love you all <3 Don't forget to vote and comment :)

When I woke up, I was in my bed and Rilos was looking at me, his head tilted, sitting on the couch.
"Good morning, sweetheart."
"Good morning to you too, Rilos. You're wet. Is it raining outside or did you take a shower?"
"I took a shower before you woke up."
"I'll take mine before breakfast."
I got up, but instead of going to the bathroom, I went to Rilos and hugged him. For some reason, I felt like he needed confirmation that I wasn't upset by what he had done yesterday. I also needed to feel him against me; werewolves need physical contact to be happy. I think he was relieved by my action. He let me go and smiled.
"I understand that you are not mad about yesterday."
"I would never be mad at you for protecting me, even if it means that you have to beat up someone who looks exactly like me. As long as it's not actually me. Then, I might be a little mad."
"I promise that it will never happen."
"Good, I'll go take my shower."
I walked to the wardrobe and selected a skirt and a blouse. I didn't feel like wearing a dress today. I took the clothes and went in the bathroom. I took a quick shower and got dressed. When I exited the bathroom, Rilos hadn't moved from when I left. He hadn't heard me move. I sat at the table in front of him.
"Rilos, are you okay?"
He jumped when he heard my voice.
"Yeah. I was lost in my thoughts. I have a lot of things to do today."
"Like what?"
"Tell Sivir and Liore who I chose to be the Northern Alpha, tell Satie about the visits, talk to the Judge in the afternoon and meet his successor, verify the other guards to make sure they are loyal and as well as the rest of the personnel."
"That's a lot of things to do. Don't overexert yourself, would you?"
"Don't worry about me, Lyra."
"Worrying means I care."
The sweetest smile I had ever seen stretched on his face.
"Really?"
Blood rose to my cheeks. I hid my face in my hands.
"Really. Don't make me say that again and you were the one who said it first."
I heard him move. My hands were pulled away from my face and put on my knees, my fingers intertwined with Rilos'. He was kneeling in front of me.
"Don't hide your face from me. I like seeing all the expression I can put on it. Your blushing face is adorable by the way."
"Can we eat breakfast before I die from embarrassment?"
"If you want to, but don't think that you are saved from me making you blush because it just became one of my favourite expression of yours. Beside you smiling."
He went back to his seat and made breakfast appear. While we were eating, a question popped inside my head.
"Rilos?"
"Yes, sweetheart?"
"Before the fight, you said to Felia and I that you gave us the same power that you had, right? How come we didn't see Henina transformed into me, but you did?"
"The Judge felt like it wasn't fair for me not to be affected by Henina's power so he made me tone it down. I knew that it was an illusion but I could still see what or who she was transforming into."
"Is that so?"
I was pissed. A plan began to form inside my head and I would need the cooperation of Felia and Kylanne. The Judge would hear how mad I was but Rilos had to be kept in the dark or he would prevent me from doing anything. The two girls came in just as we finished breakfast. I hugged Rilos, making him promise not to come back too late. He left and I made the girls sit down in front of me.
"I know that you want to talk about the duel, but I need to do something first. I need you both to protect my body while I go talk to someone. I will look asleep so if anyone comes in, just say that yesterday was hard and I needed more sleep. I'll tell you everything when I come back."
"Lyra, are you going to talk to someone dangerous?" asked Kylanne.
"Rilos doesn't think so, but after yesterday, I do. You won't be in trouble, it's not like you can stop me. I'll take full responsibility if something happens."
I got out in the garden and laid down on the ground. I imagined all men's faces blurred and sent my mind towards the Judge's room. Luckily for me, he was there alone. I imagined the room being soundproof.
"Judge, can I talk to you?"
He turned around seeking the source of my voice.
"I'm not physically there, just in thoughts."
He sat down on his couch.
"You can talk to me, Lyra."
I breathed in, letting my anger flow and shouted:
"How dare you did this to Rilos? Not letting him see through Henina's magic knowing that this sort of thing could happen? Do you know how affected he was after ripping out "my" heart? He was crying, that's how bad it was! And, he had to tell me what he did! He was terrified of how I would react! If you ever do something like that again to my soul-mate, your life will end much sooner than you think! It's a promise!"
I went back to my body before he could say anything. The girls were hovering over me.
"Who did you talk to? Why? How did it go?"
"Calm down, Felia. Everything's fine, maybe. Do you think that the Judge is mad that I just threatened him?"
"You threatened the Judge?"
"He went overboard with yesterday's duel. He didn't let Rilos protect himself against Henina's power. He was really upset after it."
"Yeah, we heard that she transformed into you. The King wasn't protected?"
"No, he saw me laying there and had to rip out my heart. He knew that it wasn't me but still. So I went to the Judge and told him what I thought about that. Rilos will see him this afternoon. Hopefully, it won't go too badly."
"How upset was he?"
"I would rather keep that between him and me if you don't mind."
"Of course we don't. Private is private. The real question is: How did you feel seeing Henina getting beaten by your soul-mate?"
"Is it wrong to say that I was happy?"
They laughed and hugged me.
"Absolutely not. We were too. Hey, did you know that you will have another lady-in-waiting? Satie is making the selection and, this time, the King will make sure that you are safe."
"Why do I need another one? Aren't you two enough?"
"The more we are, the funnier it is. Plus, the girls who were selected are our friends so you should get along with the one that will be chosen."
They spent the rest of the day debating on who would be chosen and why. I sat there, smiling and sometimes adding my opinion in the mix even though I didn't know any of the girls. I also tried to use my power more and was able to make flowers grow as well as growing wings on my back to fly. I was flying above the bed when Rilos came back.