Chapter 36: A New Face

Hey guys. My publications are a bit erratic, to say the least, at the moment because I have summer classes with weird hours so I don't have much time to write. It's only for four weeks so bear with me. Have fun reading the next chapter and don't forget to vote and comment :)

When I woke up the next morning, Rilos was still sleeping soundly on the other bed. I got up and walked to him. He looked so peaceful, so I went against my desire to kiss him and took a shower instead. When I got out, he was sitting on the couch, looking at me with his head tilted. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but do the same. He walked to me and hugged me, kissing the top of my head.
"Good morning, sweetheart."
"Good morning!"
"What would you like for breakfast?"
"Anything is fine, really."
"How about some crêpes?"
"That would be great, thanks."
He took me by the hand and guided me to the table. He pulled my chair for me and sat at his place.
"You know that I'm perfectly able to sit down by myself, right?"
"I know, but helping you makes me happy. Can you humour me?"
"Sure, it's not anything unreasonable after all. However, if you start teleporting me when I can walk, I might ask you to stop."
He sighed mockingly.
"If that's what you want. Now, eat."
"If that's what you want."
The corners of his mouth twitched at my imitation. I engulfed my meal enthusiastically. Rilos looked at me, a twinkle of amusement in his eyes.
"What? I was hungry."
"Nothing, I'm just happy to see you eat as much as you want. Do you want more?"
"No, I'm full."
"Good, I'll go take a shower before your ladies-in-waiting arrive."
He gave me a small kiss on the forehead and disappeared in the bathroom. I put my hand where his lips touched my skin and smiled to myself. The water started running and someone knocked on the door.
"Lyra? It's Felia and Kylanne. Can we come in?"
"Yes."
The door opened and the girls came in, accompanied by a new face. Her hair was white with grey accent in it. Her wolf must be beautiful.
"Lyra, this is Sanaelle. She'll be your new lady-in-waiting. Don't worry, Rilos ran a check on her and she isn't a threat. She is amazing at designing clothes so now we'll be able to improve your wardrobe."
I saw her blush from the compliment.
"Don't say that. I'm not that good."
"She is. Last year, at the winter ball, everyone praised the dressed she had made for Zynelle and Ylna. They were gorgeous, I swear."
I chuckled at her enthusiasm.
"I believe you, Felia. Hello, Sanaelle. Your name means sweetness, is that it?"
"Yes, your Majesty. Both of my parents are chefs at the Eastern castle and they wanted me to love cooking as much as they do, but designing suits me more."
"Well, you are the only one who decides what you're destined to be. If you want to be a designer, I'll be happy to hire you."
Her face lit up.
"Really? Even without having seen my creations?"
"If Felia and Kylanne think that you are amazing, I don't see why you wouldn't be."
"Thank you, you Majesty. You won't regret it."
"I do have two requests first."
"Name them."
"First, you can call me Lyra when we're in private. Second, can I see your wolf? It's just that your hair are so beautiful and I wanted to know if your wolf was as beautiful."
"That shouldn't be too hard to grant."
She changed as soon as she finished her sentence. Her wolf was a lot smaller than Rilos'. Her fur was a mix of white and silver which looked very pretty on her.
"You can change back, now. Thank you."
She did as I told her.
"No problem, Lyra."
"So you're the one who was chosen in the end, Sanaelle. I hope you and Lyra get along well."
She bowed down to Rilos, who had just came out of the bathroom without me noticing.
"I'm hoping for the same thing, my King. She seems very nice."
"No need to bow when we're in private. I'll get going then, sweetheart."
He walked towards the door. I pouted and whimpered. He turned around, an eyebrow raised. I tapped my lips lightly. I wanted a kiss before he went. I wouldn't see him before supper and I needed some affection to prevent me from missing him. He chuckled and walked back to where I was. He cupped the back of my neck with one hand, put the other one on my cheek and gave me an affectionate kiss. He pulled back after a few second, smiling widely.
"I love you. Don't miss me too much, okay?"
"I can't promise you that, but I'll try."
This time, he exited without me stopping him. I turned around to see the three girls looking at me in disbelief, Sanaelle even more than the other two. She probably didn't know that we were now able to see and touch each other, much less in such an loving way.
"It seems that every time we see you, you walked another step towards rehabilitation," said Kylanne.
"You kissed?!?!" screamed Felia.
"Last time I checked you couldn't even look at him," added Sanaelle.
"Why don't we go sit down so I can explain everything?"
"Yes, please! In the garden?" asked Felia.
I nodded and moved to the balcony. The fact that Rilos had did this must have spread in the castle because Sanaelle wasn't surprised by it. If that was the case, how come she didn't know about me being able to see and touch him? I'd have to ask them after giving them some explanations.
"First, why doesn't Sanaelle know that I can see and touch Rilos?"
"Well, Satie guessed that we saw what happened between the two of you. She asked us to keep it a secret until you were both ready for others to know about it. Sanaelle will do the same," said Kylanne.
"Thank you. I appreciate it."
"Now. You guys can kiss?!?!" Felia asked, still in shock.
"Yeah. I thought about what you said yesterday and what Rilos told me and decided that I was ready. I made the first move and all I can say is that Rilos didn't even try to stop me."
"How romantic... Wait, why do you now have two beds?" she replied.
"Uh, Rilos was scared of hurting me in his sleep so we made two beds."
"Can you guys stop being so cute? It's making me so jealous," pouted Felia.
"I honestly don't think I can."
Kylanne slapped the back of Felia's head.
"Don't listen to her, Lyra. You both deserve some happiness in your lives."
"I'm kidding, Kylanne."
"You better be."
While Kylanne and Felia bickered, I looked at Sanaelle. She was holding a sketch book and was drawing. I appeared beside her to take a peek at what she was doing. It was some clothes sketches. They were all stunning.
"Are you going to make those?"
She jumped at my voice and turned to me.
"You scared me, Lyra. It's one thing to know what powers you have, it's another to see them in action."
She looked down at her drawings.
"Yeah, I'm going to make them. These are inspired by you. This is a sweatshirt for when the temperature gets colder. I'll put some ears on the hood so it resembles a wolf. What colour is yours, by the way, so I can make in the same nuances?"
"People don't know the colour of my wolf?"
"They also don't know that you can't change," said Kylanne.
"You can't change?"
"No, I can't, thanks to Mikyan. Why don't they know?"
"It's our job, as ladies-in-waiting, to keep your secrets. If you or the King don't talk about it, then it's a secret."
"Oh. Sanaelle, my wolf is white."
"Kind of like me."
"Yeah, but no other colour. Just white."
"A unique coloured wolf. Why am I not that surprised?"
"Because I am surprise and that she's his Majesty's soul-mate," said Felia, laughing.
"Felia, you are so dumb," chuckled Sanaelle.
We continued to talk about the clothes that she was going to make. Rilos came back and the girls left. We spent the evening chatting about our day. He would some times kiss me and I reciprocated. A week passed like this in the blink of an eye. I didn't go further when it came to kissing, keeping them as chaste as in the beginning. I wasn't ready for anything else and Rilos understood that. It was nice, too nice. I should have known that something would eventually go wrong.