Chapter 31: You Didn't Kill Me

2.09k!!! You guys, this is incredible! I never thought I would get this many views! I remember being excited when I got 10 views! Hope you are still hooked on the story and, as always, love you all!!

My eyes fluttered and my vision focused on the bedroom. Kylanne was standing beside me facing towards the door. She heard me move and looked at me.
"How was it?"
"He won."
"Of course he did. You were the only one who was worried. Did she use her power?"
"I think she did, but I couldn't see what had happen. I think Rilos protected Felia and I before the fight. Everyone was shocked, though."
"I can hear the King coming."
He entered the room as soon as she said that.
"Hello Kylanne. Thank you for protecting Lyra. I'm sure you can't wait to know what happened. You can go now."
"You're welcome, my King. I'll see you tomorrow, Lyra."
"Bye, Kylanne."
She went out. Rilos sat on a chair and sighed, covering his eyes with his hands. I whimpered. I didn't like to see him so discouraged. I went to him and encircled his shoulders with my arms. He took me by the arms and sat me on his lap. I nuzzled his neck and he rested his head on top of mine. The hand that was going up and down my arm was shaking. In fact, his whole body was. I felt a tear fall on my head. My heart broke. Whatever happened during the fight had affected him a lot. I took his face between my hands, resting my forehead on his. Another tear fell from his eye. I caught it with my finger. He put his arms around my waist and rubbed his thumbs in a circular motion on my hips. Little by little, he started to calm down.
"Sorry. What happened was a lot harder than I thought it would be."
"Don't be sorry for having emotions. If I wasn't into that, one, I would be a hypocrite and, two, I would be with a snowman. Do you want to talk about what happened or do you want to wait longer?"
"I feel like you won't be able to eat after I tell you, so let's eat first and then we'll talk."
"I'm not hungry."
"You need to eat if you don't want to lose the weight you've just gained."
He lifted me up and sat me on a chair by the table. He sat on the other one and made some beef soup appear. We ate silently. When we were done, the plates disappear. He got up and took my hand. He guided me to our garden. I was amazed that it was still in the same conditions as when it first appeared. He laid down in the middle of the flowers, looking up at the starry night. I laid beside him, putting my head on his stomach. We stayed there contemplating the sky. I didn't want to rush him to speak, so I just waited for him to be ready to do so. He had done the same so many times in the past months; it was only fair that I returned the favour.
"You know, before I met you, I never knew what fear really felt like. I wasn't scared when I fought humans. I wasn't scared when I had to bring the whole werewolf population in an other dimension. I wasn't scared when werewolves of weird colours started to be born. I wasn't scared when I had to fight so many young werewolves who thought they could be a better leader than I was. I started to be scared the moment you came into my life. Scared of you dying from your injuries, scared of you never being able to be in the same room as me, scared of never being able to touch you, scared to leave you, scared of you disappearing, scared of doing something that would set you back to being afraid of me. However, every time I was scared, you did something that made me so happy and it made me forget those fears. Today was different. Today was horrible. Not fighting someone and ripping out their heart; I have done that enough times for it not to bother me anymore. Today, I had to do something I hope I never have to do again. Honestly, I would rather kill myself before doing something like that. I don't think that you know that, but Henina's power is transfiguration. She can transform into anything and anyone. I had an idea of what would happen, which is why I protected Felia and you. I didn't want you to see who she would transform into, to prevent you from seeing me killing someone you knew. I hadn't predicted that she would change into you."
His voice broke when he said that. His hand started stroking my hair, like he was making sure that I was really there. It was reassuring both for him and me.
"Because of the power I had chosen before the fight, I knew that it was just an illusion, that you were safe in our bedroom, that it was just Henina trying to win in a dirty way. I still had to dug out what seemed to be your heart out of your chest. I felt like I had failed you. You gave me your trust and I used it to destroy you."
I got up, straddled his chest and took his face in my hands. He opened his eyes, staring into mine.
"I wasn't the one who got hurt. Henina was. You are my soul-mate and, even though it might not look like it most of the time, I trust you with my life. I don't think you would ever hurt me intentionally."
"I just told you that I ripped out your heart from your chest and that's your response? How did I get so lucky?"
I took his hand and placed it on my heart.
"Does it feel like my heart is missing? I can tell you that it never left my chest although it felt like it did a couple of times."
His pupils expanded to a point where almost all of his eyes were black. His heart started to beat rapidly and he swallowed hard.
"Lyra, I suggest that you let go of my hand and get off my chest before I do things that you aren't ready for."
I did what he told me and kneeled beside his head. He closed his eyes, putting one hand over them.
"Did I do something wrong?"
"No, sweetheart. I'm just the big bad wolf and you, my little red ridding hood, should be aware that I can be dangerous for you."
"You might be a big wolf, but I don't think that you are bad. You saved me so many times in the span of a few months and you've never hurt me."
I laid down beside him, snuggling close to his body. He put his arm around me and made a blanket appear to cover me. As my eyes began to close, I heard him say:
"Let's hope that it doesn't change."