Chapter 97: You Can't Move Forward On Your Own

Hey guys! Long chapter today as well (I think I try to compensate for the fact that I take longer to write and publish them). I have four weeks done out of fifteen of university. I'm having a lot of fun but also lots of homework. Anyway, have fun reading the chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment :) Love you all <3

"So, I'm going to assume that the King liked his present," said Vriany once we arrived in the dinning hall.
"Shut up, Vriany, if you don't want me to murder you."
"Why so aggressive, my King? All I wanted was to congratulate you for successfully jumping over the obstacle. And for my Queen's taste in lingerie. Black lace really complements your skin."
Rilos changed and leaped at a laughing Vriany. I seized him by the collar in mid-jump. My own strength still surprised me. Stopping an angry werewolf wasn't an easy task and yet, I had done it like it was nothing. Rilos turned his head and pouted.
"Can you let me go? I really want to erase the smile off his face. Ideally by ripping out his lips."
"I would but unfortunately for you, the only lips you're allowed to touch with yours are mine."
"How bold, my Queen. I did not expect that from you. At least, not in front of so many people," whistled Vriany.
"I'm a werewolf. Being possessive is in my nature. The sooner people understand that Rilos is mine, the better."
"I think we all know. Those are pretty distinctive marks you are both imprinted with." People chuckled at his statement. "I'm glad that this time, there is no regret attached to them," he added quietly.
"Us too," my soul-mate replied.
He had changed back without me noticing although I still had a firm grip on the collar of his shirt. I opened my hand, letting him go. His outburst had died down so I wasn't afraid of him attacking his second. He straightened up and pushed all of my hair on one side, allowing his bite to be seen by everyone. If I would have been embarrassed by the display a few weeks ago, it wasn't the case now. I was more than happy to show that we belonged to each other.
We promptly ate our breakfast, joking with the other wolves who were there. Most of my time at the table was however spent trying not only prevent Rilos from jumping at Vriany for the smallest thing, but also holding myself back not to do the same to Rilos albeit for different reasons. I hated jealousy.
"I rather like what it makes you do," whispered Rilos, dropping his eyes to his forearm. I followed his gaze and noticed my fingers digging in his flesh. My hand left as quickly as the blush on my face spread. I knocked my head on the table with a groan. "Had I known you would take it off, I wouldn't have said anything. Raise your head, sweetheart. You acted like I always do."
"You never groped me in public."
"Don't tell me you already forgot about that time I almost took you against one of the wall." I chuckled. "See? It's the most obvious one but I showed people you were mine on numerous occasions in more subtle ways. By showing off your bite mark, by holding your hand or your hip, by showing my teeth when someone came too close to my liking or simply by telling people over and over that you were MY soul-mate. Mine. I personally control my jealousy by remembering that no one will ever see you like I do."
"Which is?"
He slid closer and brought his mouth to my ear.
"Naked, trembling with excitement, just for me. As much as I dislike to agree with him, Vriany was right; you look gorgeous in black lace."
"You lecher!" I screamed, tackling him to the ground. "Why would you say something like this in a room filled with people?"
"For the same reason you were groping me earlier. I want, both consciously and unconsciously, to ram into other's heads the notion that you belong to me." He traced the exterior of my leg with his fingers. "This is why I prefer when you wear a skirt or a dress. It's easier to gain access to your..."
His next words died behind my hand.
"Do not finish this sentence if you want to sleep inside," I growled.
His eyes smiled maliciously and his tongue traced the line in my palm. I tried to look angry but the tickling his action caused made it impossible.
"Not that I want to disturb you because I'm annoyed at how cute you are, but I asked you to come here to meet someone not to saturate the air with sexual tension."
Rilos rolled his eyes at Vriany and, if I had not been on top of him, would have probably jumped at him again because he was pissed to be interrupted.
"Come on, my King. This isn't your room. You can't do whatever you want. There are children around and this is not appropriate. She's in my office so off we go."
"I agree with him. This should stay in our bedroom."
"It's so cute that you actually believe this, Lyra. Especially since we did it outside yesterday."
"You did? I used to think that you were shy about this kind of stuff. I was wrong apparently. Good job."
"She initiated it too."
"Wow."
"You guys are infuriating. I can't believe you think you are different. You obviously have the same mind."
I got up and went to Vriany's office with the two giggling men on my heels. Stars I wanted to be mad at them but I couldn't. They meant too much to me and it was harmless. We had little privacy anyway. At least seven people could hear Rilos' thoughts at all time.
"You think I let them hear and see what we do together? What happens during that time is solely between you and me, sweetheart, even if Blondie likes to think otherwise. I was distracted by your... you and that's the only reason why he knows about the lace. He deduced what happened by himself. As if I would let others see you like this on purpose."
"He's telling the truth."
"Like I would lie to her."
"Also true."
I sighed and pushed the door. The colourful outfit the woman wore contrasted with her shiny black braided hair.
"You are beautiful. Ah, sorry. I didn't think I would say that out-loud."
"Thank you, your Majesty. I prefer hearing that than: 'Haaa! A man that dresses like a woman! Gross!' which is what I expected from someone who was held captive for so long and never got out."
"I might have been prisoner, but I was allowed to read books, well, most books. Beside, if this is who you are, who am I to judge you? You're not hurting anyone and that's the only reason why I would get mad at anyone."
"I like her. Good choice, your Highness."
"I would have given her a head's up if I had known you would be the one helping her, Theria. It looks like she didn't need one. And I didn't choose her. We're soul-mates."
"You chose to love her like she chose to accept me."
"Loving her is the easiest thing I have ever done. The reunion is in the Eastern kingdom I assume?"
"As usual. Are you still scared of men, your Majesty?"
"Only those who hurt me which is why I need your help."
"That's why I'm here. I want to take you to a group therapy and if you are fine with it, you can come to more. You'll also have some individual therapy so if the group doesn't work for you, for whatever reason, we can focus on those. Sounds good?" I nodded. "Let's get going then." We appeared in front of a small house. "Your Highness? Could I ask you to wait outside? All of those inside are Betas and Omegas. Your presence might be too much."
"I understand but if Lyra panics, I will be by her side in a second. I won't be able not to."
"I won't stop you." Theria pulled me inside. "You can use whichever pronoun you like when talking about me. I know people who mind but I personally don't. I say that to everyone, don't worry. I'm a man who happens to like dressing like a woman. You're lucky to have someone like him. He really cherishes you. It helps to be able to rely on somebody else than yourself."
"It's hard but he makes it so easy. I couldn't have dreamt of a better soul-mate."
We entered in a brightly lit room. Men and women sat in circle. They grew quiet, got up and bowed as soon as they noticed me.
"It's fine, it's fine. Please get up. I'm just like everyone else."
"As if, my Queen. You are special no matter the circumstances. We can't ignore the structure just because you said so but it's good to see you again, even if it's here."
"Delalie!" I ran and hugged her. "I'm glad to see you too. How are you? How long have you been coming here? Did it help? Are you and Serala getting married soon? Am I talking too much? You should blame Felia. She has a terrible influence on me."
"It's nice to see you so animated. I've been coming here for a few weeks now and it helped a lot. Serala wants to wait for me to get better so I'm going to propose soon."
"That's great! I'm really happy for you."
"You can sit beside me."
I did and observed a bit more those who were present. 8 women, including Delalie and I, and three men. Too much, way too much.
"Theria, please tell me you don't have children coming as well."
"No, luckily. Something like this doesn't happen because deranged individuals are easily noticed and taken care of. The King and the provinces' Alphas have a net placed over each werewolf that traps them as soon as they have this kind of thought."
"There must have been holes under Dark-Soul because I know of one who slipped out."
"Were you...?"
"No, Dark-Soul had prohibited his men from doing something like that to me and I broke his spine when he tried, but I can't help but wonder if he did it to someone else."
"I'll ask the King to look into that. So everyone, this is, as you know, Lyra, Queen of werewolves. Lyra, I would like you to tell us why you're here and if you feel like you're able to, don't use the nicknames you gave those people. Use their given names."
My mouth went dry, the thumping of my heart deafening me. They were just names, right? Why was it so difficult then? I simultaneously felt hands on my own and on my thigh. Delalie was holding my hand and one of the men was kneeling in front of me. He blushed, coasted his eyes away but left his hand there.
"Sorry. I did it unconsciously." His lips didn't move.
"You're like me." He nodded. "Don't be sorry. Queen or not, I'm still a werewolf and touching helps. Cyrian killed my parents and kidnapped me on the day I was born. He controlled my powers and actions through a necklace. When I turned 18, he told his son and I that we would get married and have children with each other. I had a little moment of joy because I can't have kids which is what I told Cyrian. Instead of setting me free, he gave me to his son. Mikyan tortured me until I couldn't speak or change. I... I called him Master. Numerous times. I wanted him to stop and I thought he would if I called him that. He didn't, obviously. He would rape me. Blood excited him. My screams too. One day, he invited four other men to have fun with me. I wasn't given any food or water so I was too weak to struggle or resist. Rilos found me that same day. I don't know how I looked like but it must have been awful. I'm still connected to Mikyan but I was able to block him so he wouldn't talk to me anymore. Before that, he took advantage of something that happened between Rilos and I to drive me to try to kill myself. I have nightmares every night about what they did to me. I can't look at their face or hear their voices without fainting, but I want to get better. I want to live without being scared."
I looked back up. Everyone had their head lowered. I could feel the sadness emanating from them.
"Sorry. I forgot I influenced others with my emotions."
"It's not only that, Lyra. We hurt with you because we know what you went through not just because you're the Queen. Once we're done crying for you, we'll help you heal."