Chapter 57: Heated Meetings

Hey guys! Lucky for you I just finished this chapter before going to work. If I didn't have, you would have waited another 4 hours :P Have fun reading it and don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all <3

Next morning, I was sore from all the training and very hungry. Rilos glanced at me mockingly when I slowly got out of bed.
    "Slow morning, sweetheart?"
    "Shut up. It's been almost a year since I last trained like that. How did you expect my body to react?"
    "I didn't expect you to get up at all," he chuckled.
I raised an eyebrow as I sat on the chair in front of him.
    "I'm not that weak. I'll be fine in a few hours anyway."
    "Speaking of which: Did you have anything planned for this morning?" he asked, making breakfast appear.
    "Not really. Why?"
    "I have a reunion with the Alphas and I was thinking that you could come with me. You could finally meet all of them and their significant other, except Sivir who has yet to find someone. Considering how yesterday went, I believe you are ready for this."
    "Will their seconds be there?"
    "No. Only Prior's is a woman so we'll wait a bit more before letting you meet them. Four new men will be enough for now."
    "You won't hear me complaining," I muttered, my mouth filled with bread.
    "I have yet to hear you complain about anything really."
    "Oh, I complain, but it's always about you so you're never there to hear it."
    He got off his chair, walked to me and lazily spun my chair around to face him. He placed both of his hands on the armrest of my seat over my wrist and lowered his head until his lips were only a breath away from mine.
    "Really? What are you reproaching me exactly?"
    His tone was soft, almost inaudible. My heart was thundering in my ears and the air was crackling around us. If it's possible to get lost in someone's eyes, I did it at that moment. I licked my lips before answering. His eyes got darker and his lips parted slightly at my action.
    "You never leave my mind," I murmured.
    "I better not," he mumbled, slamming his mouth on mine.
    His hands left my wrists and grabbed my waist to pull me out of my chair and flush against him. I gripped the hair on the base of his head and instinctively wrapped my legs around his midsection. His hands moved under my bare thighs to support me. I whined when I felt his nails scrape them softly. His teeth nibbled my bottom lip and I gasped in surprise as the pressure made lightning crawl under my skin. His tongue slowly invaded my mouth and gently coaxed mine into imitating his movements. I clung to him, trying to get closer to him than I already was. He moaned, feeling my chest flatten on his.
    "You taste sweet," I breathed.
    "Hot chocolate," he replied throatily.
    He joined our lips once more and I felt my back pressing on a wall. His hands roamed along my thighs. They reached the hemline of my shirt and were about to go under when someone knocked at the door. Rilos put me on the ground with a frustrated groan. I slid down and sat, propped against the wall. My breathing was ragged and I could still feel the electricity running inside me.
    "I am going to kill this woman," he muttered under his breath.
    The door opened and Satie came in. She looked at us, me having trouble catching my breath and him, murderous envies plastered on his face.
    "Should I tell the Alphas that you'll be late because you are in the process of killing your soul-mate?" she questioned, angrily.
    "If he wants to kill me like that, I won't be stopping him," I chuckled.
The corners of his lips twitched in amusement.
    "We were kissing, Satie, but thank you for your concern. How long do we have before we are considered late?"
    "I'd say fifteen minutes."
    "Do you think you'll be dressed by then, Lyra?"
    "Only if we aren't in the same room."
    "Wait. You're bringing her along? Are you sure?"
Rilos glanced at her, an eyebrow raised.
    "She's ready. I don't see why she wouldn't come."
He grabbed a pair of pants and a shirt from the drawer and slammed the bathroom door behind him.
    "I'm ready, Satie. Don't worry about me. Worry about the Alphas who are going to get Rilos' bad mood," I laughed, picking up a dress and underwear and putting them on.
    "You are both in this state from just a kiss?"
    "With Rilos, it's always more than just a kiss. It's about conveying emotions that can't be expressed in words. They were particularly intense today. Must be the residual adrenaline from yesterday."
    "Sure. Adrenaline," she said, skeptical.
She went out the room while Rilos went out the bathroom, completely dressed.
    "Ready to go, sweetheart?" he asked, wrapping one arm around my waist.
    I nodded. He kissed me on the forehead and the room became a blur. Next thing I know, I was sitting down on something that had the allure of a throne. Rilos was beside me and was rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb in a soothing motion. The table in front of us had the shape of a pentagon and behind each side, except one, two people were seated. I recognized Ylna, placed on my right. Her hand was holding another one who could only belong to Myrie. Beside them was Zynelle and her husband. My nervousness went off the charts even though I had practiced seeing him before.
    "Lyra, look at me. Everything is fine. You are strong and incredibly brave. You can do this," he said softly.
He squeezed my hand and my fear was gone. I smiled at him and brought his hand to my lips, gently kissing his knuckles.
    "Did they not hear you?"
    "They don't know we are here yet. I wanted to give you time to calm down before."
    "Thank you, Rilos."
    "You're welcome."
My sight traveled from Elash to Sivir and ended on Prior and Levian.
    "I'm ready."
He kissed my temple.
    "Good job, sweetheart. Hello everyone. You're probably wondering why it took me so long and why I asked you to bring your partner. It's because I have a lovely lady that accompanied me today and I wanted her to meet all of you. I'm hoping that she'll come more often from now on. Say hi to Lyra."
Ylna shrieked, ran to me and spun me around.
    "It's so good to see you, Lyra! I can't believe you are ready to be around the others so soon."
The world stopped spinning when a tall woman with grey hair grabbed Ylna's collar.
    "Can't you at least pretend to have a bit of decorum, honey? Hi, Lyra. I'm Myrie. Ylna and Kylanne told me so much about you. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."
    "Me too. I know that they love you very much. Kylanne seems to take after you."
    "Thank the stars for that. I couldn't endure two energy balls running around our castle."
    "Like you can handle balls at all, Myrie," mocked Levian.
    "Levian, for the love of the stars," said Elash, shaking his head disapprovingly.
    "Please don't start a brawl," added Zynelle. "This is not the place nor the moment."
    "You're never fun, Zynash."
    "We are trying not to traumatize Lyra, Levian. I suggest you do the same," replied Zynelle.
She got up and shook my hand.
    "Sorry about them. They're still young and love to bicker."
    "They're just excited by your presence, Lyra," said Elash, hesitatingly raising his hand.
I took it, smiling.
    "I'm humbled to finally meet you. I heard such good things about your management of the Eastern territory."
    "We are happy to have been able to witness Rilos finding his soul-mate. Poor guy was on the verge of insanity."
    "Don't say that to her, she'll believe you," Rilos laughed.
    "Hello, Lyra. My name is Prior. You already know my soul-mate, Levian. He does like to make a weird first impression on people."
The dark man was approached by another one.
    "Sorry about that, Lyra. Myrie and I tend to jump at each other's throat, but don't worry, we really like each other."
    "I heard brothers and sisters often acted like that," I smiled.
Rilos looked at me, surprised.
    "Lyra, how did you know that they were brother and sister?" he questioned.
    "You mean that you didn't tell her?" asked Levian.
    "I didn't see why it was pertinent."
    "Stars, Rilos! She needs to know these kind of things," said Myrie, jokingly strangling him.
I grabbed Rilos and pulled him away, growling while Ylna did the same with her soul-mate.
    "You didn't answer the question, sweetheart. And stop growling at her, she wasn't hurting me."
    "It was just a feeling, Rilos. And I don't like people touching you."
    "You didn't tell us that she was this instinctive, Rilos," said the last man. "I'm Sivir, by the way, Lyra."
    "I didn't know how instinctive she was. I mean, they don't even look like they are from the same family."
    "Why are you staying all the way over there, Sivir?"
He was still at the other end of the room despite everyone else being near me.
    "I know what the Northern wolves put you through and I didn't want to rush you into being near another one of them."
I walked to him and took his hands.
    "Although it is true that I had some pretty bad experiences with some of them, I don't pretend that I know every single Northern wolf. I've never met you, for example. I can't let some individuals change my vision of the rest of the population. I don't think all Northern wolves are bad. I knew one who was very good and now I know another one. I'm sure you'll work hard to show me that there is more of them and that I just had the bad luck to fall on the bad ones."