Chapter 34: A Story of Love and Whipped Cream

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to post this chapter. I sincerely have no idea what love feels like, so I was a bit stuck on this part... I overcame my writer's block and finished this chapter :) Also, 2.5k and 233 votes!! You are all so great and I love you all :) Have fun reading this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment!

"Wha... Wait. What do you mean by that? You've used the term "love" before. Are you telling me that you used it without knowing what it felt like?"
"I know what love for things fells like and I know what love for friends fells like, but I'm new to the whole soul-mate/you-are-the-love-of-my-life thing. I mean, it's obviously different from what you feel for a friend but in what ways? How do you know you're in love with someone?"
"At least we're not starting from the basics. You already know a few characteristics. For example, you don't feel possessiveness toward friends, only toward your soul-mate. That's one you are already aware of. You don't feel desire for friends either. If you do, tell me which ones so I can react quickly and kill them."
"Rilos..."
"Just kidding. You don't desire anyone else if you truly love a person. When you love someone, you can't stop thinking about them and making that person happy makes you happy. Simply being with that person changes your mood instantly. You've seen it in action before. No matter how I feel, you always change my mood to happiness just by being there. Love is wanting to spend most of your time with the other. When you're in love, you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when you see that person. Sometimes, your heart will skip a beat when you notice them or when they notice you. The person you love is the one you want to spend all of your time with and the one you want to hug the most, more than the other members of the pack. When you're in love, Lyra, you know it here and here." he finished pointing at his head and heart.
"So you feel all of these things towards me? How can you function with all of this going on in your head?"
"I'm pretty amazing. Although I have to admit that sometimes, you leave me unable to think for a moment."
"If I can make someone as amazing as you speechless, that must mean that I'm at least as amazing."
"Yeah, you are." he said looking at me with soft eyes.
"And I'm hungry..."
He started laughing.
"Sorry, Lyra. I completely forgot about the supper. Let's get you inside."
He got up with me in his arms. I tugged on his shirt.
"Can we eat here?"
"I don't see why we couldn't. Do you want a table or do you want to eat in the grass?"
"The grass."
"Very well."
He put me down on the grass and sat beside me. He made the meal appear and, when we finished eating it, the dessert as well. It was a cake with some whipped cream on top. An idea formed in my head. When Rilos wasn't looking, I made some of the cream levitate and threw it on his face.
"Did you really just do that? Don't you remember what happens when we start stuff like that?"
"Why? What happened? Rilos, you aren't very good at eating are you? Putting cream everywhere on your face." I said in the most innocent voice I could manage.
I saw him move so I got up and ran inside.
"Wait till I catch you!" he said running after me.
I used the trick I had learned earlier and flew out of his reach.
"You'll never catch me."
He disappeared and I suddenly felt arms going around me.
"That would have been true, if I didn't have the same powers as you. I caught you."
"You wish."
I teleported out of his arms, at the opposite side of the room. He looked at me dumbfounded. He teleported by me, but I did the same thing and went to where he was before. We continued to play cat and mouse for a while. Finally, he stopped teleporting and stood there, his fists on his hips.
"Why are you doing this?"
"Because it frustrates you and it's fun."
"You don't even know how frustrated I am right now," he whispered.
I don't think I was supposed to hear that. I shook his words out of my head and decided to redo what had started this whole game. Whipped cream splattered all over Rilos' face. He raised an eyebrow, removing the cream from his face with his hand.
"You are done for, Lyra."
"Don't be mad, Rilos. It's just whipped cream."
I floated to the ground and looked up to where he was. He wasn't anywhere. I dropped my gaze.
"Boo!"
"Aaaah!"
I stumbled backwards and ran behind the couch. He had appeared right in front of me.
"You scared me."
"You threw whipped cream in my face."
"Whipped cream is delicious. Getting scared is not."
He tilted his head.
"Did I scare you really badly?"
I threw yet another serving of cream in his face.
"Not really."
"You..."
I giggled. He smiled and started running after me. We ran around like little kids. He eventually caught me by the wrist, but my foot got tangled in the carpet and I fell backwards on the floor. I closed my eyes before hitting the floor. Luckily for me, werewolves have great reflexes and Rilos broke my fall.
"Are you alright, sweetheart?"
"Yeah, are you? Did I hurt your hand?"
"No, I'm fine."
I opened my eyes. Rilos was hovering over me, concern written everywhere on his face. I slowly became aware of our position. He had a hand placed beside my head, the other was still holding on to my wrist, pinning it down. One of his leg was lodged between mine. My breathing hitched and my heartbeat increased, but not from fear. It was another feeling, one I felt only around him. Rilos was chewing his bottom lip. Felia's words came running back in my head. He wanted to kiss me. Obviously, he wouldn't do it, he was waiting for me to do it. Did I want to kiss him? I remembered what Rilos had told me about love. Was that what I was feeling? Love? I was feeling warm and fuzzy inside. He was making me happy and I wanted to spend all my time with him. My heart definitely was skipping a few beats here and there. Judging by his definition, I was most likely in love with him. I felt his hand freeing my arm, his fingers accidentally stroking my forearm in the process. I shivered.
"Sorry." he said.
He was about to get back up. With my now free hands, I grabbed his face and softly placed my lips on his.