Chapter 69: Sadly, Not Everyone Is Nice

Hey guys! I added something on the cover if you hadn't seen it. Tell me what you think :) I don't have anything to say today except that you are all great and that I really enjoy talking to you :) Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you all <3

"Enough of that, it's time to meet the dominants."
"They're here already?"
"Yes. I asked them to come just before you blew up everything."
"I said I was sorry," I whined. "Are you going to bring it up every time?"
"As long as you continue to do so, yes."
I groaned and got up, ready to leave. Rilos took my hand and walked to the adjacent room. It was filled with people, half of them I had never seen before. I gripped his hand harder and calmed down. We sat in the front, Rilos cleared his throat and waited for them to stop talking.
"Cerc was arrested yesterday for several serious offences. I am enraged to an extent you can't even begin to imagine. I will invade your privacy if I have the slightest doubt that you had an idea of what was happening. He hurt my soul-mate and a lot of Betas and Omegas. I am at the verge of killing someone and I will not tolerate any kind of complaints. Do I make myself clear?" he asked, anger piercing in his voice.
They all nodded, not uttering a single sound.
"Betas and Omegas are in this world to be protected and cherished. They are not in any way here to serve as punching bags or worse. If you need something to hit on, either you go to the training centre, which has plenty of installation for you to use, or you ask someone who is ranked higher than you for a sparing match. You do not have the right to go after someone who is ranked lower than you are even if that person is a dominant. I can't believe I have to say this because I thought that it was inherent for everyone, but hurting a child, mentally or physically, is absolutely prohibited. I don't care whether they are 1, 5, 13 or 17. As long as they are less than 18 years old, they are under your care and need to be looked after. They are our future and are to be showered with all the love we can give them. Lastly, and I hope that I don't have to repeat it ever again, rape is wrong. Do not, under any circumstances, force yourself onto someone and don't force them to do things they don't want to do. You have the power to make people obey, but you should only use it when it is absolutely necessary. Betas and Omegas trust you to protect them. Never betray that trust. Is that understood?"
"Yes, my King," they all answered.
"Now, who knew that Cerc was beating Betas and Omegas behind my back before the announcement was made?" he asked with his Alpha voice.
Two people raised their hand.
"My office, IMMEDIATELY!" he growled. "Serala, Elanazie, I want you to come along as well," he said in a softer tone. "Everyone else, you are dismissed. If I ever learn that something like that has happened again, the heads of the ones responsible will roll without trial. You have been warned."
The two who knew about Cerc ran out like they were on fire. Rilos, who hadn't let go of my hand during this entire time, pulled me up and made us follow them.
"Are they running away?" I asked, concerned.
"I wish they would," he laughed. "It would give me one more good reason to beat them up. They know that I'll find them and be even angrier than I am now if they try to escape. Plus I gave them an order. They can't go against it."
His office wasn't far from the room we were previously in. It was at the junction of the central and western hall. The women he had named were walking behind us, looking anxious. I squeezed Rilos' hand and pointed at them with my chin. He turned his head.
"Don't be scared. I just have a few things I need to discuss with you. I have no reproach to give you. Wait outside until I'm done with the other two."
We entered his office. Three of his four walls were covered with books and the other one was a giant window giving on one of the gardens. Rilos sat behind his desk, crossing his arms. I teleported a chair and placed myself beside him.
"You two better have a splendid explanation for not telling me about this," he said, calmly. "I will not hesitate to make you sit next to Cerc and give you the same punishment as him. So, who wants to try not dying first?"
The younger man rose. He didn't look older than me, but then again, appearance were deceptive in our world. His whole body was trembling, but his voice was very steady.
"I learned about it yesterday. I heard a commotion in the maids' quarters and went to investigate. I heard the Queen saying what Cerc had done and the Judge taking him away. Then the Queen disappeared and Hyphas comforted Delalie, telling her that he would never hurt her again. That's the only reason why I knew what was going on, I swear."
Rilos considered him for a moment.
"You're telling the truth. You can go. Sorry about the fright."
The man got up, bowed and quickly went out. Rilos looked at the other person and raised an eyebrow waiting for her answer.
"I'm not saying anything."
"You have two seconds to tell me. If you don't, I will extract your confession from your mind and it won't be painless."
"He is not kidding. He is incredibly mad and will make sure that it hurts. Or I could do it. Do you know how knowledgeable you become by spending three months being tortured? I'll tell you: A lot. I know exactly how to hurt you the most and where it will last the longest. I've seen what Cerc did and I will do anything to prevent it from happening again."
The fear written in her eyes was intensely satisfying, but she still didn't utter a word. I smiled and slowly rolled up my sleeves. Rilos chuckled, putting his hand on my arm.
"Don't, Lyra. She couldn't endure as much as you did."
"Really? But I was going to start slow. You know, cutting one phalange at a time and burning the tip so it would be painful to regrow. The normal stuff."
"Definitely would not survive. Let me do it, would you?"
"Fine," I sighed.
Would I have done it if he hadn't stopped me? I'm not completely sure myself. Would I have hated it? Yes, without a doubt. Even knowing that it could take another aggressor off this world, I would have hated to hurt someone without being sure that they were guilty. I think that might be why Rilos stepped in. I'm almost certain that he knows how much it would have cost me to torture her. Even if he doesn't know, I'm still grateful that he stopped me.
The woman gripped her head and fell on the floor. After a few minutes, Rilos went white as a sheet, but rage took over his face making me wonder if I really had seen that. The woman disappeared and Rilos sighed, slamming his head on his desk. I whimpered and touched his cheek. He leaned into my palm, kissed it and pulled me on his lap. He pressed his lips on my temple, hugging me tightly.
"What did you see?"
"She was there. She helped him. She saw what he was doing to Delalie and she did nothing. She didn't help her and she didn't come to me. He didn't threaten her or anyone related to her. She enjoyed it. She laughed when Delalie implored her to make him stop. I wish I hadn't seen what he did to her. I really do," his voice broke and he paused, trying to regain his composure. "Now since when is cutting and burning fingers considered slow torture?"
"It's not?"
"No, not at all."
"Oh. For me it was the easiest to endure. Compared to the swords, this was nothing."
"Excuse me? Swords?"
"I thought you knew what they did to me."
"I skimmed the surface. What I saw made me so sick that I didn't have the courage to dig deeper. Do you want me to go see now?"
"No, I don't want you to see me like that. Beside, I was hardly myself at that point. I probably looked like ground beef. He would get swords, pinned me to the floor with them and wiggle them around until my body wasn't able to handle the pain any longer. Passing out became the highlight of my days because I couldn't feel a thing."
"When you tell me things like this, I wonder how you made it this far without dying."
"Me too, especially since my only thoughts towards the end were: "Let me die." I even wished not to be sterile anymore so they would stop. Enough about the past, what are you going to do with her?"
"Kill her, obviously. I can't let her live, not after what I saw. She is not salvageable and I won't risk any members of my pack by keeping her alive."
"Why didn't Delalie tell us about her?"
"She doesn't know who she is. She was wearing a mask the whole time. Her trial will be at the same time as Cerc's. Speaking of which, we need to go train and I have to show you how to block his power."
"Rilos, you do remember that there's still people you need to see, right?"
"I had completely forgotten. I love you."
"That was unexpected, but I'll accept it," I smiled, closing the gap between our lips.