The planning (2)

That night, Cale stood in front of a mouse hole he had been preparing since the first day he arrived.

Though the wall separating the village and the forest couldn't even be considered to be thin nor fragile, the not so small amount of dosage of hydrochloric acid he had been slowly pouring to a concentrated area of it, did it's job.

And no one, unless they specifically searched for it, should be able to find this hole as it was covered by bushes and trees at the edge of the village.

Cale looked back once to the village he had been staying for several days for a while before he crawled through the hole.

After he crawled for several seconds to get through, he finally manage to get to the other side; Though, the first thing Cale could think of after passing through the barrier was;

It's quiet...

It was something he had expected, but it was also something that still surprises him

'The forest was quiet when we first enter,'

He remembered that one line from the book about the forest he had read before.

'It almost seemed like it was desolate.'

  Cale took out the small notepad he had brought and started writing notes on it. It was something he had also prepared before this trip. No matter how good his memory was, he is bound to forget some things along the way.

And he. . .

Snap

...He closed the pad,

  Any Information about this forest will be a good weapon to have in the future. Among the books he had read about the forest so far described about it's precarious nature and how even high grade knights have trouble with venturing though this place.

Little to almost none of them had described any details other than it's viciousness and the basic layout of the forest.

Cale sighed and craned his head up to the sky. He could see the bright moon tonight, but he probably won't be able to once he goes deeper into the forest. He closed his eyes;

"'Swallowed by the essence of the deceased, inside the realm of monsters'"

What does Hyung mean by that?

It's simple; Of course the realm of monster's meant the forest of darkness, and the essence of the deceased is the infamous dead mana. That much is quite obvious.

Cale let out a breath,

Hyung had also said that 'Swallowed' . That meant the amount should be large enough to 'swallow' something.

and... where can he find that large amount of dead mana?

Cale hummed, a smile was planted on his lips

Dead mana is usually found in a form of a liquid, so where can a large body of dead mana be found here?

easy,

A lake~

Cale snapped open his eyes and looked forward to the path he will be taking from there on.

It was filled with shrubs and thorns, some were probably poisonous and the rest were possibly deadly. Not to mention the monster's he had known to have existed... They were definitely more dangerous here because of the environment they lived in.

He would probably bleed.

He chuckled,

The ghost of a smile slowly crept up his lips to a wider smirk that reached the corner of his eyes, sharp.