From which he bleeds (2)

.

.

.

Cale doesn't even know what to expect anymore,

<My son, what happened?>

  His mother seemed to know something that he don't, same with that bastard God. He doesn't know why, but he is sure whatever 'Happened'... both of their question and proposal was connected.

All honesty wise, He doesn't want to know something that isn't related to his goal of finding his Hyung. But with how things are going, he probably have to find out soon.

<What are you going to do now?>

  Cale scoffed, 

  "What am I going to do... Isn't it obvious?" He leaned his back to the tree behind him, snuggling himself from the cold wind, "If it's in my way, then I will just flip everything over and force open a new path."

His fingers were gripping the pages, fiddling the edge around. The pages felt rough in his fingers, but they didn't looked aged at all.

<Well, I suppose we already have an inkling of what your answer might be> 

Even though it was all written, Cale could vaguely feel the emotions between each sentences. Like how she was talking with him with a straight face, or a worried one, smirking, and...

<You really are, my son>

How she seemed a bit sad when writing that particular sentence that was formed in a cursive. As if it was both a blessing and a curse for him to be her son.

.

.

.

<We are too similar,>

He didn't know the reason before, but he suppose... He was starting to understand why she always looked at him that way.

  His mother, Drew, was probably afraid his story will end up like hers. Although their tale was different, at the same time, it was also quite similar in some aspects.

And that was probably where he worry came to be,

After all, he had heard her tale first hand from her herself, her own point of view how it went-- Tales of how she met his father.

And it wasn't actually the most romantic as many had whispered around.

Contrary,

It was rather... Tragic, Actually.

.

.

.

Cale flips another page of the Diary,

There, he could found another set of paragraphs, thought, it was an instruction this time. 

.

  <As I already told you this before when you were younger, My ancient power is called the 'Annual Rings of Life. And half of that power, the core part of it, was left in Harris Village while I left the other half here.>

<I cannot fathom what you will need to do to obtain the power left here. Since the test will probably be influenced by my younger self, as that was when I used it most.>

.

And a small "Goodluck" was written in the corner of the page.

Cale lowered his hand that was holding the book to his knees and let the new information he just read sink in.