From which he bleeds (1)

Clack clack

Cale speed through the hallway towards his own room. Completely disregarding the questioning gazes his servants gave him when he pass by them.

His playtime with his siblings had took longer than he anticipated. 

He was starting to worry that someone might actually enter his room and saw that bloody dagger on his bed--

BRAK

He snap open his door and immediately rushed to his bed, 

The book was still there and nothing else was misplaced, but... the dagger was no where to be found. Not even the bloody splatters he accidently spilled on the floor.

Cale slump his shoulders and sighed heavily,

He should have known,

  Nothing else seemed to be missing, so it couldn't be that a cursed God's subordinates. They would be fussy if they had known what he was up to...

Ron was away with his father miles away, so it's also not him. 

Hans would be a good suspect, but he is also afraid of Cale. He wouldn't snoop around if Cale told him not to;

...And, 

  The Countess and healers would probably already be rushing towards him if that ginger haired butler did see the dagger. Same goes if it was any of the other servants--

Cale touched the mattress of his bed that didn't have any wrinkles in sight.

"Hah!"

Cale quirked his lips up, but his eyes weren't smiling at all.

So it's him... huh?

But why would he enter his room? Was it just a coincidence that Beacrox entered his room? If so, Cale must have ran out of luck.

But if not... Why would that chef bother to snoop around?

Cale took the Diary and held it in his arms, it was heavier than he remembered. 

And a bit more dirty, but it was still that old diary he watch get buried with his mother's corpse. The only remaining thing that his mother had left for him.

He wonders if it would be a good idea to open it now--

Cale hummed,

Maybe not in his room... He doesn't want to get disturbed again.

.

.

.

Cale stepped into a place he hadn't visited in a long while,

He was lucky that the hallway was still empty as it has always been. That way, no one should know where he is right now...

Cale stepped into the Rose garden he had often frequent before;

Though the bushes were more unruly and unkept that before, there was still a path for him to follow there.

Cale kept on walking with the diary in his hold until he reached the center of the garden, the place under the tree where his Hyung would sat and him watching the other paint.

'Cale? What are you doing...?--'

Cale could hear a female voice ringing in his head, she sounded confused. 

Understandable, 

She must have felt her power being summoned without there being an enemy in sight.

  But he ignored her question and summoned the shield. A soft silver glow filled the garden, it's holy wings were spread out protectively. 

But protection wasn't something he needed right now. 

'Cale? Cale? Can you hear me? What ever your thinking, don't--'

  Cale put the shield in front of him and uncurled the wings that were covering the sharp edges of the shield. He swung his hand down, effectively cutting his own palm open with the shields unintentionally sharp edges.

'Cale?? What-- Why did you do that?!?!'

The glutton sounded hysterical, but her screaming only fell onto deaf ears.

Cale pressed his palm onto the book and let the blood flow freely, allowing the diary to drink as much blood as it needs.

Each Thames book so far needed different amounts of blood to unlock it. He doesn't know how much this diary might need to open.

But he needs to open it soon,

Oooonnggg...

Cale could feel a small vibration coming from the Diary, and it opened just seconds after he had poured blood on it.

It was to be expected, but Cale still marveled at the amount of magic circle that was drawn inside the diary. The diary it self seem to also be in a pristine condition.

Cale took out the book inside and place the box that was protecting the diary to his side gently.

He opened the first page delicately, fearing he might accidently tear the page apart.

Though, he wanted to read it. 

He also can't help but felt nauseous when he read it;

<If there is someone reading this diary; I am guessing it must have been you. I would like to ask you about something>

Cale already wanted to close the book back,

<Did you lost your Red?>

He bitterly laughed,

Of course his mother would have known.

<When someone dies, their soul are brought back to the cycle of reincarnation>

<And there are always exceptions. But even then, there are always exceptions amongst exceptions>

  Cale had both respected and loved his mother, but at the same time, he was also afraid and feared his mother.

<Just who did you made a deal with?>

Jour Thames,

His birth mother, 

The first wife of Count Henituse,

and...

The only suspected living descendant of the family of Thames.

.

Cale had both loved and feared his mother since he was a child.

It was obvious why he loved her,

But the reason he feared her...

No,

  It wasn't because she was abusing him or anything, contrary, she was a loving mother that he couldn't have ask for more. She cared for him too...

But at the same time, her way of thinking was too mysterious for Cale to comprehend-- 

She would often know things she shouldn't have known. Even if she didn't admit it, Cale knew that she knows.

That was what made him fear her.

.

.

.

<My son, what happened?>

Cale also wondered,

What had happen?

A/N; My exams have finally started... late chapters are inevitable; my update schedule will be more ruined, if it hasn't been already