A crack from a glass (2)

Do you think a person could change so much within the span of just a few years?

.

.

From such an innocent looking kid that was adorable and cute,

A cuteness that could even be mistaken as naivety.

To an unpredictable Noble that seems to have so many layers covering their true face,

So much that the layers started to resemble an onion's skin.

"Greeting to the Sun of the Roan kingdom,"

No matter how much he had tried to peel his secrets up,

He never seemed to ever be capable of finding the core of it all.

"How are you faring, your highness?"

The crown prince couldn't help but take notice of the unruly appearance of the red haired noble in front of him. Blood smothered everywhere around his lower jaw and the crumpled up collar.

"Good, but it doesn't seem to be the case for you?" Alberu took out his handkerchief and gave it to Cale, "You look like you had just rolled down a mountain" He can't help but comment even though he had known about the real reason why Cale was like that.

"What could you possibly mean, your highness? I've never felt more alive"

Cale took the handkerchief with no hesitation at all and used it to wipe off the blood that stained his mouth that had his usual trouble-bringing smile. And though he was telling the truth, to Alberu, it was nothing but a made up lie.

"So how was it? Did you manage to put it on?" He changed the topic, seeing how his most beloved Noble was still doing his usual antics

Alberu was originally against the idea of letting such a weak person face the leader of that dangerous organization alone in the first place, so did the rest of Cale's people. And he was still nervous, even now.

"Of course I did, who do you think you're talking to?"

But the weak person in front of him was crazier than all of the people that followed him combined. He would know, after all, he was included in the few people that had seen Cale's mind and prowess at work first hand.

"You're right.."

"Have you prepared what I told you to?" Cale folded the handkerchief and put it into his coat's pocket. He should ask Ron to clean it first before giving it back to the Crown Prince.

"Yes, everyone is already on the spots they're supposed to be at"

.

.

.

Click

Bob was just a normal journalist that was simply visiting the empire for a change of pace after all the hectic work he had to endure under his boss.

But he somehow got tangled up with a scoop of the century.

"Dang..." Bob held the recording devices close to his chest, the loose and big glass that framed his face threatened to fall in exchange.

He had been hiding since the beginning of the evacuation and until the fight had happened. So to say he was still alive even after all those crossfires and micro-earthquakes that happened around him was a miracle.

"Who are they?"

He was standing a bit far from the main battlefield for his own safety, but now he wished he was a bit closer to it, so he could get a more clear picture of the two individuals who were standing on the very field where the battle had just taken place.

The picture had two people in it, one had distinctive blond hair while the other had red hair that was akin to a sunset.

He could guess who the first one was since only a few people had that kind of hair color, and Prince Adin was currently out of commission if his intel wasn't wrong. So there could only be another person that could have that kind of hair here. "The Roan's Crown Prince?"

Bob was certain that it was the Prince, he had also seen him from some celebration events in the past, and the Prince's looks were quite hard to miss even to those who are blind.

"But who's the other...?"

It was a red headed individual that had never appeared next to the prince or any headlines before.

Bob squinted his eyes to get a better view, but no matter how small he made his eyes be, he still couldn't see any other features of the other person beside the Crown prince.

"Ah?"

But a few more familiar figures started to get closer to the two original personage,

"Is that..."

Bob also recognized them, that was given since he had written articles about them multiple times in the past. The Heroes of Roan Kingdom.

The youngest swordmaster, Choi han

The strongest archmage, Rosalyn

The last necromancer, Mary

And several other more that Bob couldn't really make off. They were all standing around the red headed individual, seemingly listening to him intently.

Bob raised the recording device up to his face and took another picture, it was more clear than the previous since he had scooted over closer. But this time, the red headed individual was facing away from him, so he still couldn't see their face.

But it was enough for Bob,

He had gotten his material,

Now all he had to do was write it. Maybe this take could be his ticket to finally getting a bonus from that stingy boss of his.

Bob smiled, satisfied with his findings.

Now... What should he name the title for this article?

Bob took off his focus from the recording device to the main figures in the battle field again.

Red, The person that everyone was surrounding was Red like roses. But to him, it was more like crimson instead of blood red. Everyone also seemed to be focusing on him as if he was their leader, even the Crown prince.

Like a commander,

So...

Crimson Commander?

Bob hummed, it sounded weird but eye catching. Oh well, it's not like his article will be popular right? Just like his other works. It will probably be left there forgotten soon after its release.

So while he's at it, he might as well do something fun.

Unknown to even Bob, the original writer himself. The article he wrote had become an interesting gossip topic for the common ladies to whisper about. And soon, hushed speculations and rumors began to circulate around the circles, it even got to the nobles ears.

No one really knew who the red headed person really was or what he really looked like.

All they knew was the fact he was tall, but still a bit shorter than the Crown prince, he had a sunset like red hair that reached his waistline and... How each and everyone of the Roan's heroes was around that figure, seemingly to be attentively listening to his every word.