Stride through the line (1)

Chapter Warning: Sensitive content

I will be using a "<>"  mark as the start of it

It had been a while since he last step in this place.

  The ruins that was resulted from the fight was by no means, few. The fallen rubbles and dust that had pilled up the room had even started to form tiny mountains from the wind blowing them to garner together in several corners.

There wasn't any thoughts that ran in his mind then as he took those steps through the place that the chase had first taken place.

No, it was more like he didn't allow himself to think anything more than what was necessary.

"Raon, can you teleport us to the villa now?"

Even though he had said that he wanted to be alone, Cale knew the little Black blob would still tail behind him like a lost child and wouldn't heed his earlier words.

"How did you know I was here, human??" The little blob turned off it's invisibility magic and flew towards where Cale was at. It's wings flapping gusts of winds to Cale's face.

Cale simply pointed at the dent in the dust where Raon had just sat at.

The little blob moved it's head towards the direction where Cale was pointing at and-- Raon's face looked as if it's brain had paused from all functions.

"Ah--" 

A bit of a familiar sight, wasn't it?

A visible mark that was left behind even after the invisible spell was casted.

Raon slowed down his flapping wings and slowly settled down on Cale's head. But it's focus was still at that one spot.

"Raon?"

  "...Yes?" It peered over and looked at Cale who was now beneath his tiny paws. It was a bit hard to see it's human's expression from where it was currently residing, but Raon could picture the human's confused, but forever dead panned expression as he tilted his head up.

"...The teleportation?" The human asked,

"Oh, right"

It almost forgot, 

"This great and mighty dragon will do so immediately, Human!" 

A bright marks made of light started to appear on the ruined floor.

"Mn, thanks"

The little blob flapped it's wings happily.

It really like hearing their human praise them.

. . .

The rest is probably about to finish up the investigation and the necessary clean up back at the empire by now or... well, whatever remained of it at least.

"Human, are you sure about this?"

The Crown prince and his beloved butler should also be more than capable enough to lead the rest and manage everything in his stead.

"Yes, besides, I'm just going to rest" Cale petted the little blob's head, which was not as smooth and round as it was four years ago. 

  Four black horns now had crowned themself on top of the little blobs head. They weren't that sharp if you just touched them just like that, but if one were to be hit by them from a full frontal assault, it would certainly hurt.

"Okayyy," The little blob dragged on it's words, not fully trusting Cale, "I'll go human, but I will also be back shortly. So don't do anything reckless until then!"

Just what does it think Cale will do?

Cale waved the little blob away, his lips slightly raised, waiting for the light to fully dissipate before he brought his hand and the corner of his mouth back down.

"Eastern continent... huh."

Was that where his Hyung at, at the moment?

It was quite far, 

But not too far to the point it was impossible to reach him.

  Cale raised his hand and covered the left side of his neck with it, pressing several points with his fingers. His head slightly tilted to one side. The veins there had been throbbing more than usual, and it was starting to give him a headache from the constant nauseating pulsation. 

"Hah..."

<>

His feet started to move by themself, carrying-- dragging him to go through the empty hallways of the empty villa.

There was a small place he had kept a secret from most people living here.

It wasn't like the one he use to have back at rain city, but it was similar enough for those who didn't pay attention to mistake it as two of the same place. 

Cale didn't stop even when the scent of roses and paint invaded his senses,

It was an artificial sanctuary that he had forced himself to be comfortable in. Not that it was uncomfortable in the first place... It just that--

It had felt like something was missing,

  His feet thoughtlessly stepped on several of the paint tubes that were scattered on the ground, squashing it flat. Making everything that was inside it to explode and splatter it's insides to paint the floor and the walls that was near it.

Not like it was clean to begin with, but now, a new addition had been added to the mess.

The cuffs of his pants were already dirty and broken from the earlier fight, but it had now became more unusable after getting splattered by the oil and paint that were on the leaf petals.

"A bit more... a bit more...."

He murmured, slumping down next to one of the bigger canvas, using it as a support.

"Just how many more times are you going to repeat that same words over and over again?"

It was starting to sound like a joke,

"Just how long is 'a bit more'?"

A cruel joke the God's had placed on him,

"Huh? Tell me! When is the time where 'a bit more' became 'finally'?" He shouted, his shoulder fully leaning towards the canvas.

But there was no one to answer him,

Just like it had always been.

Just himself, in that dimly lit room filled with potted roses and dry paint. With only a sliver of light that had came from the window acted as his light source.

"Hah..."

He rested his head on his own shoulder, his eyes locking with the figure that was also looking back at him from the other side of the mirror.

"Next time, next time will be the last," He muttered again after a few seconds of silence, "I promise"

"Are you sure about that?" The reflection asked back towards him. A skeptical look plastered openly on his face.

"I'm positive,"

The other snorted, "Isn't that what you always said to yourself every time?"

".. Then I'll make sure to clip of his wings this time"

"Crazy bastard," The other's mouth was foul, but he was stating the facts.

"It's the only way" He grinned,

  The other seemed to be speechless at the sight of him grinning, but he soon relented and simply sighs, "...Suit yourself,"