Cale (1)

"It's been so long, Hyung!"

.

.

.

His cheeks were being cupped in place; forced to face the other's crazed reddish -brown eyes directly, unable to look in any other direction..

And in that moment, The White star couldn't help but question one thing.

Just how did someone who used to look so weak and small become so strong? It was–

"You're crazy..." The White star muttered.

Cale laughed at that, a low purr sounded just next to the White star's ear.

"Crazy for you♡" 

  It was barely the level of a whisper, but it was as clear as day how deranged the young boy had become in the time span he hadn't met him.

Just what had happened?

The White star tried to activate his wind's ancient power to escape, but no matter how hard he had tried, it was still futile.

Whatever vine Cale had used to hold him down was no normal greens that could be found anywhere just laying in the ground. They were studier and denser than any Nylon Paracord whip The white star had seen or fought against before.

Even his fire was unable to burn those vines away...

"It's useless, Hyung."

Cale took a step back, taking the view in front of him. The White star was using nothing but a single piece of clothing to begin with, and all the struggle he had put up had done its harmless damage. It was certainly a view...

Yet, as much as Cale liked to watch his Hyung struggle and squirm around, he was still a bit worried that the other might take it too far and hurt himself in the process.

"It's better if you stop struggling, Hyung" He frowned, debating whether or not he should loosen the bindings a bit. "I don't want you to get hurt after all..--"

Drip

Drip

Droplets of crimson started to drop to the clean white marble floor. Slowly forming a small puddle beneath The White star's feets.

The White star was still incomplete, and adding the fact he didn't even manage to recuperate before he was under attack earlier had added to the burden that was placed in his mortal body. But of course, there was no way of Cale knowing that.

"Hyung..?"

He had received the past memories of his past life and the incomplete White star. So He was confident in controlling his own powers so it wouldn't overwhelm his Hyung. He even already held back significantly from the start till this point. But,

He hadn't expected that Hyung had become so weak.

Those memories he had won't help nor tell him about the events that he didn't even know about in the first place. Isn't that a given? Something that had happened behind the scenes, and something only The White star himself probably knows.

Cale watched as the blood had kept on trickling from The White star's mouth and down as his head started to hang down.

"Are you–"

. . .

Barrow could feel his insides starting to twist up and messing up his insides real bad. He had only used a bit of his ancient powers, yet he was facing the drawbacks already.

The ring in his ear was starting to annoy him, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. Even the pain itself was still bearable. The only thing that made it seem worse than it was, was the fact he was puking out blood.

"Are you–"

But he supposed, it could be counted as a blessing in disguise?

He could feel the vines that were holding him loosened significantly; enabling him to actually feel his hands again.

Haha...

Barrow chuckled briefly,

He didn't miss the chance and used that chance to gather every single bit of ancient power he had remaining and shot it towards Cale.

.

.

.

Cale snapped his head to the side, dodging something that had nearly decapitated his neck. But even with his reaction, he was unable to completely dodge it.

The fire that was shot towards him had managed to burn a part of the bandage that he had used to cover the entirety of his neck. Ultimately, undoing the rest of the bandage and ending up making his skin bare from any protection.

Grasp

Cale held both of his hands around his own neck, trying to salvage any remaining bandage to cover the scars that were present in his neck.

The scar that he had gotten from the dead mana arrow had grown worse over the years. It wasn't just a mere streak on the left side of his nape anymore. It had grown over his skin like an ugly black thorn that circulated around his neck.

A horrid and disgusting scar.

Cale used some of the vines that were near him and flattened them to make them as a temporary gauze for the time being. It was rough and rather patchy, but it was still better than nothing.

Yet, the second he feared the look he might get from his Hyung for the scar; The White star had used the time to break free from Cale's holds and gain quite the distance away. Running towards the window and jumping out.

Noticing it,

Cale could only abandon the thought of properly bandaging and hiding his scar, prioritizing chasing after the flyaway bird instead.

.

.

.

Outside, The White star could see the chaos that had begun.

Several towers that were holding dead mana were already burned down, and even destroyed to the ground. It was a complete clean through. And the tower he was just at was the last and only remaining tower that was still intact.

"What in the world..."

The white star spun back and blocked an incoming water pillar with his fire and wind combined. Sending him into a projectile to a nearby building.

It didn't hurt,

When The White star got hit by the impact, the first thing he noticed was how the walls that he had landed hadn't hurt at all. It didn't take him that long either to notice the vines that were covering the entire surface where he just landed.

This kid...

He can't help but smile.

Even though the bastard was crazy, it seemed like he couldn't bear to hurt him one bit. And White star knew how he could use that fact to his favor.

"Hyung, please just give up"

Cale landed at the hole that was created from The White star's forced entry. The White star could clearly see who was the desperate one in this game. But he still played it off as if he was the one struggling. "And what if I don't want to" He scoffed,

He slowly stood up from the debris that cushioned his crash, limping.

Cale stared at him, as if contemplating on what he would do, But The White star had immediately noticed the wiggling vines that were starting to creep up towards his ankles again.

.

.

.

"MY LIEGE!"