I was great and mighty (1)

He was no older than ten years old when they had attacked his Home; His family. 

And though he always vowed to destroy the world every time his Human was injured, He never really consider doing it. 

  How could he when his Human cared for the world so much? After he had sacrificed so much to maintain it's glass like piece that could be broken at any given moment?

Well, that was what his past self would have replied.

But not anymore,

Especially after he had truly lost him because of the world he so dearly protected;

He thought,

Ah...

He should have destroyed everything from the start,

At least that way, he didn't have to face the painful despair that comes after.

That way his human didn't have to sacrifice so much.

And maybe, he won't have any guilt destroying the world then.

He...

He missed his Human,

. . .

Cale stood in front of the gate of the Tolz mansion, in standing across him was the head of the family with his two children.

"I hope you enjoyed your stay here, Young master Cale," 

  The Lord had been sending him farewell words and little gift trinkets ever since he heard that Cale would be going back to the Henituse'. Probably aiming to have some good words about him thrown towards the counts ears.

"My stay was extremely pleasant Lord Tolz, you don't have to worry. I'll also tell my father about how wonderful the festival here went"

  The head of the Tolz didn't even bother to hide the smug and prideful grin he had when he heard those words.

"I do hope you will come and visit again," Neo who was holding his sister's hand got close to Cale and hug him briefly, "It was really fun having you here."

"I also had fun, I'll consider going back when I can."

"Cale-pa! leaving?" Eione asked, confusion was splashed across her face.

Cale looked down towards where the young mistress was at and went on his knee to match her height,

Pat

He put a hand on her head, careful to not mess her hair too much;

"Yes, I have to go back to my house, I have two cute siblings waiting for me there."

"Ugmm.."

"Don't worry princess, We can see each other again in the future, okay?"

Her hand that was grabbing Neo's pants tightened.

"I'll be going now, thank you again for letting me stay."

"It was our pleasure to have you here Young master Cale,"

.

.

.

Cale comfortably sat on the sofa inside the carriage, next to him was the egg that has yet to hatch.

It was hard to move it without anyone noticing it. 

  But he somehow managed, somehow. Even with countless eyes on him. He manage to brush it off as one of his painting equipment.

"Just what are you?"

Cale muttered, poking the black scales of the egg.

"A dragon, they said"

He answered his own question,

"Just what was a great and mighty being doing there in the first place?"

Not mighty...

By now. 

Cale should have at least gotten use to having an unknown voice suddenly speaking inside his mind. Or at least expect it, 

But he didn't,

Cale could feel his heart nearly leaped out of his chest.

I'm not great and mighty....

I failed them... 

The owner of the voice didn't sound any older than Lily, maybe even  younger. It was childish, but sorrow in his voice was apparent.

I miss them...

  The voice kept on speaking; ignoring How Cale was starting to consider throwing the thing out just for the peace of his mind.

Words after words, Lines after lines. 

They all speak of regret.

If only I was stronger, Mightier.

And it became silent,

. . .

Cale...

He...

Cale wrapped the egg with more blankets and fabrics he had with him at the moment. It would be bad if anyone that touched the egg will suddenly hear voices.

He doesn't know why,

But there was a feeling of fear he didn't want to face if the egg was found out--

He felt the same, 

  Cale doesn't know who this egg missed, but he too, misses someone. But unlike the egg, he will find him.

. . .

Knock Knock

"Young master, We will be stopping here to camp for the night"

"Alright!" 

Cale push the basket that contains the egg further in-under his seat, 

.

.

.

It was fortunate that they didn't encounter any problems when they head back to Rain city.

  Though there were few curious looks that greeted them when they enter the gates... none of those are anything new to Cale.

. . .

"Hyung-nim!"

"Oraboni!"

  Cale barely even stepped out of the carriage when two patches of brown hairs had tackled him, making him stumble back a few steps back into the carriage.

"Ah..."

He was hugged tightly towards two directions. He doesn't even know how to react. He felt like he just left for a month max, yet they already grew so tall...

""Welcome back""

Both of their voices were muffled, but Cale could still hear them crystal clear. 

Ah what to do...

They both were too cute,

.

.

.

"I'm back"