As sturdy as it gets (2)

The strong sickening scent of wilted flowers weaved through the area like an incense from a graveyard. 

  And though they were prominent, There were still a lingering putrid scent of death in the office air. A scent that Sayeru grew use to breathing in since his days as a cub while serving his liege.

Knock 

knock

"My liege, It's me" Sayeru waited in front of the door as he always does.

 He scanned through the papers he had in his hands again while waiting for his liege's approval for him to enter.

  The papers were about the most recent reports for their deal with the mermaids; Who seemed to finally fully gave in into their control, and how The mermaids manage to finally corner the whales into a stalemate for the first time after hundreds of years.

But with time and some more supply of dead mana, the tide of balance will soon favor the mermaids. Which in return, also helps his liege's dream to become a God.

It was such a  joyous occasion that is worth celebrating.

.

His liege should be happy about this advancement.

Sayeru thought with a smile, 

.

But...

.

Even after a few minutes, there was no answer.

"My liege?" He knocked again,

...There was still no answer

Did he go out? 

Sayeru knitted his brows, trying to remember if there was any prior heads up about his liege going out...But there wasn't--

"Barrow, I'm coming in" 

  Worried, Sayeru hastily grabbed the door handle and tried to opened it. But it wouldn't budge no matter how hard he pushed it.

It was locked,

That send alarms to Sayeru's spine. His liege never locked his room to make it easier for him and Dorph to enter and exit incase of emergency. But he couldn't budge the door open at all.

Was there another attack?

"Barrow--" 

The door collapse when he ram it open with his berserk form. 

.

.

.

  A messy room filled with rubbles and dead bodies, with the former white walls now covered by black and red liquid, some parts were even covered by scorch marks and scratches made by various sharp edges.

Those were the first thing Sayeru noticed when he entered the room-- 

There was even a fallen shelf next to him... Something that was probably was blocking the door previously.

Ugh--

Sayeru had to hold himself from blanching because of the strong putrid scent that covered the room. A scent that was ten times sharper than usual.

"Ah..."

  It was a bit hard to see his face, but Sayeru could faintly see the outline of his liege that was seating leisurely on top the corpse pile, at the center of the room.