Anemone(1)

Sometimes he had wondered, would anything change if he hadn't went out that day? If he had told someone about the intruder?

...Who was he kidding, of course a lot of things would have been different if he had done those.

But he didn't, and things had happened as they did.

.

.

.

"Where is he now?"

  There were only a few individuals that knew about the existence of the half blood and his true identity of being a half dragon. Namely, Cale himself, the little blob, and... Hans. Who had found out in the most... unconventional way.

Ron probably also had some suspicion about the Half blood, but at most, his suspicion would be along the lines of Luka merely being an undercover mage or something of the like. 

"It should be around here," Luka circled a part of the map, "and currently, his location should be around this point, young master"

  The half blood pointed at the dark area of the map of the eastern continent, "This should be where the vampires of the Endable Kingdom resides, if I'm not wrong"

  It was quite deep into the forest, far away from any of the big kingdoms and settlements. It should also be the same location Ron had showed him during his investigation about... a suspicious guess that visited the inn in the past.

"What should we do now, young master?"

Not that it meant anything,

"Go there, of course"

But if that 'suspicious' guess was involved, this whole operation it self would become, undeniably, much easier to proceed.

. . .

It was well hidden, those who didn't know about it's existent wouldn't even notice if the gates were right in front of their eyes.

"Is this the place?"

"Yes, young master"

The gate was pretty much hidden in plain sight,  there wasn't any traps nor was there any heavy enchantment on it.

It was just a huge hole

Open 

And gaping wide

  But it was obvious why they didn't put much thought to it's security though, after all; What kind of idiot would just jump into this massive pit that seemed to have no end in sight, especially when they didn't know about how it was practically a gate?

Cale pondered for a while,

"Should we proceed, young master?" The half blood asked, He was currently holding a map in his hands and had an over sized cloak covering him.

"Yes, please lead the way" 

"..."

  Luka didn't even bother looking at his young master's smiling face as he walked ahead to lead the rest. He already had a hunch onto why he was smiling widely like that, and frankly, he didn't want to probe any further than he already knows.

  The walk there it self wasn't any different than what they had experience multiple times before, if not, it was actually rather peaceful compared to the others.

The little blob was oddly being quiet though, the only time he did speak was when they had come across some poisonous plants along the way, reminding Cale to step away from them.

Yet,

It doesn't make much difference,

Since the worlds most deadliest poison it self had already wrapped it's fangs and claws around his heart.

"Young master, are you okay?" Choi han, who was walking next to him, asked

"Yes,"

  Cale probably hadn't noticed it since he had always endured it to the point he could self-hypnotized himself that it didn't hurt. But those who had never seen him in his episodes before, could clearly see how he was struggling at the moment.

Red face, Sweat dripping profusely along the lines of his neck, heavy panting...

"Are you sure?"

Yes, there was no way the rest would buy his words of 'fine'

"Sigh.. I'm fine, what is making you worry so much?" Cale asked, but when he saw Choi han's lips moving, what he heard was a different voice in his head.

'Human, you're burning up...'

The little blob told him

He doesn't get it, did he look sick to them?

But he was feeling fine, though?

"Young master!" Choi han grabbed his shoulders and shook him, bringing their face closer-- forcing Cale to look at Choi han's eyes. "Can you hear me?"

  Choi han han had probably called him over a million times while Cale was focusing on the little blob who was talking to him in his head.

"Yes," Cale pushed Choi han's face away with his right hand, "I can hear you"

  Choi han allowed himself to be pushed back by his young master. But that didn't meant that he was convinced just yet.

"Young master, I think it's better if we rest first" 

Ron chimed in when Cale was about to step away from Choi han's grasp.

"Yes, I think we should stop and rest up first!" Even Rosalyn was adamant for them to rest up for some reason.

'you should listen to them human, taking a rest now will be a good idea!'

Cale silently stood there, but his eyes were not stagnant-- scanning everyone who followed him there, even the invisible blob that was possibly hovering next to him.

Even though they asked for a rest, none of them actually looked tired. 

  It... would be odd if they had actually became tired just because of this. Seeing how they all had monstrous stamina. So, was it because they thought he was sick? Just how bad his condition had look to them, for them to act like that?

Their concern was unnecessary,

Because he was feeling fine, 

His heart was even cooperating with him for once and didn't act up. 

"Thank you for worrying," Cale patted one of Choi han's hand that was placed on top of his shoulder. "But, I'm fine. We shouldn't delay for too long" 

"Young master..." 

Rosalyn's face melted, pity was obviously placed in her eyes. Even that old butler seemed to have sighed in defeat.

Cale smiled, 

Luka trembled,

Just how did everyone, that was stronger than most kingdom's military forces, managed to get deceived by that devil's smile?

Can't they see-- 

  Luka bit his lips, who was he kidding. Even the white star himself, who was close to a God in his eyes, managed to get deceived by this young master. 

Even those poor mermaids...

  They had all blindly believed the young master was their savior, their Hero. Hah! Look where that train of thought brought them to?

Luka shuddered at the memory of that massacre.

.

.

It was a complete wipe out.

Even the hunter's that were there was surprised at his sheer brutality and charisma. 

The sea that night... had completely turned to crimson.