Chapter 1 - The Book

"Sis! Sis!" the girl hollers, trying to get the attention of her big sister, who's busy typing away at the computer.

"What's up, my favorite little sis?" the older sister responds.

"Why... why did you hurt her!?" The girl, tears streaming down her face, confronts her older sister, who just stares back.

"Don't tell me... you're crying about this again." The older sister sighs, looking genuinely upset.

"Fern, it's just a story. Besides, she's the bad guy. Bad guys in stories always end up like that. You can't cry over stuff like this," the older sister explains, still upset.

"You've read this tale more than twenty times. Try a new book, Fern," she suggests, but Fern shakes her head, not convinced.

"I just made up this story, and like I mentioned, she's a villainess. Fern, don't cry; it's just a character," her older sister says.

"But is it wrong to love and wish for someone? Why did you have to end her life? *sob* All those crimes were wrongly accused! It's so unjust! She didn't deserve any of that!" cried the girl, pouring out her emotions in front of her older sister.

"If I were in this story, I wouldn't let her be framed and sentenced to death by that awful prince!" the girl declared, tears still streaming down her face.

"She was just blinded by love, hoping the silly prince would give her the attention she longed for," the girl explained through her tears.

"My favorite character is gone *sobs*; it's like a puppet losing all hope and purpose after a public execution. *sobs*" expressed the girl, mourning the loss.

"Isn't it too harsh for her character? *sobs* Is that the cost she pays for going after something she shouldn't?" the girl asked, tears welling up, while her older sister sighed.

"Fern, I've had this conversation with you before, even just yesterday," her older sister remarked, a hint of weariness in her voice.

"You always do this. It's time to explore a new story and forget about this villainess in my novel. Fern, she's a villainess, and her destiny is a tough one," advised her older sister.

"The main antagonist have to face consequences for there to be a happy ending. A villain like her would only cause problems for the protagonist," explained her older sister.

"That's why the villainess in the novel is fated to meet her end at the hands of the male lead, right in front of the female lead," her older sister added.

"But..." the girl began, only to be interrupted by her older sister.

"Fern, let's end this talk. How about you read my new story?" her older sister suggested, handing the book to her little sister.

"Now, head to your room; it's already ten in the evening," her older sister directed, gently pushing the girl out of the room, who continued to cry and sob.

»🦋»

As time passed, little Fern drifted into a peaceful slumber. Her window stood wide open, welcoming the night breeze, and a lovely purple-winged butterfly fluttered in, settling gently atop her head.

Unconsciously, Fern's tiny hand swayed, unintentionally ending the butterfly's brief visit. Strangely, at that moment, her soul unexpectedly departed her body, vanishing into the air unnoticed.

Unaware of the unfolding events, Fern found herself abruptly transported to another realm. In the Empire of Lazourel, a radiant shooting star graced the evening sky, captivating the attention of a woman, a blessed empire, bathed in the bright glow bestowed by the sun goddess.

»»🦋🦋

»» The story will continue on the next page soon, thank you for waiting and reading this story! »»