Chapter 19 - Could be a Plan?

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody 'Fern' (POV)

Mother Cynthia has left, and I've had my breakfast. The place is busy, and I'm staying out of the way. I don't want to cause any problems.

Even though it seems like I've got everyone on my side, I'm still working on making sure they really like me. People's feelings can change quickly, so I need to be careful. Doing something that upsets them could make them not like me, and we wouldn't want that, right? So, it's important to be cautious of the people around us.

Besides, it hasn't been a week that I have stayed here, I still really need to be cautious around them.

At fourteen, I'm pretty clueless about navigating life in this era. I lack knowledge in these matters, you know?

I never imagined finding myself trapped inside my older sister's storybook, let alone the first novel. Despite that, I'm giving my all to survive here. What's more, my mission is to ensure that my favorite character doesn't face the same fate she does in the novel. It's quite a challenge, but I'm determined to see it through.

I have this belief that not all the villains in a story are inherently wicked or bad. Some are just broken and have chosen the path of being a villain because they believe it's what the world expects of them.

I refuse to accept that my favorite character in this world will face a tragic ending just because a female character who has been reincarnated appears in this world. It's something I won't let happen.

I know not all main female characters are bad, but I can't accept having a villain in a story where someone has gone through a tough and unfair life.

In the novel, my lady is wrongly portrayed as a villainess just to make the female lead seem innocent. But my lady is not bad; she was never a villainess to begin with. If only Grand Duke Luk Van De Roos had raised her with care, love, and attention.

If Grand Duke Luk Van De Roos had been a caring father to my lady, similar to how he was a loving father figure to the female lead, things might have turned out differently for her.

She wouldn't have ended up like this, facing the unfortunate end of her miserable life. That day wouldn't have been her last if only she had received the love she needed from the grand duke.

I know what I'm saying because I read my older sister's story first. The novel starts with my lady, who is portrayed as the villainess.

I understand how my lady wanted to convey that she was tired and needed a short break, even if it was just for five seconds.

My lady's life was going well when she was born, but when she turned five, her mother passed away due to an illness.

I don't want to develop resentment towards the female lead in my sister's novel. She's actually a nice character, but I can't help feeling a bit frustrated.

She's well aware that my lady is engaged to Prince Lucien, but being the main character in my sister's story, she seems to effortlessly get what she wants just by acting adorable in front of everyone!

She's the female lead destined to become the Queen of the Lazourel Empire, joining the royal family and taking on the role of queen.

Sure, let's offer her congratulations on her journey to become the Queen of Lazourel. I won't stand in her way, but if she decides to hinder my plans, she should be prepared for me to take action.

Both of us come from the modern world and share a similar background. Unlike this world without technology, I belong to a place where it exists.

Just like in the novel, she has her own goal - marrying Prince Lucien. Be it from their meeting that lasted for three days, whether by accident or coincidence.