Chapter 29 - Missing

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Ilarion Bosworth (POV)

"You called," I said, facing my older sister, Vera Bosworth.

"Were you the one who got rid of Lord Galzroiruss?" Vera asked, her gaze piercing.

"If you only called me just to ask this, you should have just sent a letter," I replied, a hint of annoyance in my tone.

"I'm not here to talk about Lord Galzroiruss," Vera stated firmly.

"Then why ask about Lord Galzroiruss if you're not going to talk about him?" I countered, raising an eyebrow.

"I have another reason why I am here," Vera said cryptically.

"State your business with me. I have to go back to the villa as soon as possible," I urged, eager to conclude the conversation.

"His Imperial Highness, Archduke Willard Crawther, I believe you know him," Vera stated, her tone serious.

"Yes, I do know who that person is. Why are you asking? Do you want me to wipe him out from this world too?" I responded, a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"I bet you can't," Vera challenged, crossing her arms.

"Make me," I retorted, meeting her gaze squarely.

"Anyway, His Imperial Highness, Archduke Willard, needs your help to find his missing daughter," Vera continued, her expression unreadable.

"A daughter!? Pardon? Did I… hear that right? A daughter?" I exclaimed, my eyebrows shooting up in surprise.

"Yes, you heard that right, younger brother," Vera confirmed with a nod.

"Don't call me that," I interjected sharply.

"His Imperial Highness, Archduke's daughter ran away from home three days ago, and we can't find her anywhere. We don't even know where to start looking for her," Vera explained, her tone grave.

"Hold that thought. I'm still processing everything I have just heard right now," I replied, feeling overwhelmed.

"Take your time," Vera reassured me with a nod.

"Are you sure that the Archduke has a daughter?" I asked skeptically, seeking confirmation.

"Yes, I have been with the lady ever since she was born, so yes," Vera affirmed, her expression serious.

"His Imperial Highness, he has a daughter and was married to a woman, but shortly after she gave birth to a child, she passed away," Vera elaborated, her voice tinged with sadness.

"So the Archduke's wife passed away after giving birth," I repeated, absorbing the information.

"Yes, and now the lady has gone missing," Vera confirmed, her expression grave.

"Since the Archduke's daughter ran away?" I clarified, seeking confirmation.

"Yes," Vera replied simply.

"And His Imperial Highness, Archduke Willard, needs my help to look for his missing daughter? Am I right?" I pressed further, wanting to make sure I understood correctly.

"Yes, you are," Vera affirmed with a nod.

"I believe that this type of mission is just a piece of cake for you, am I right? Since you were once a hunter and ex-mercenary assassin, right, brother?" Vera remarked with a smile, trying to lighten the mood, but I remained stoic, unmoved by her attempt at humor.