Chapter 5 - Why so Flowery

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Ilarion Bosworth (Point of View):

I woke up early, like always, and got to work. The grand duke is always asking me about what his daughter has been up to lately. All I can tell him is that she keeps going out to meet Prince Lucien. Her actions are causing quite a stir in society, and people are gossiping about her.

Honestly, the lady's behavior is bringing shame to the De Roos family. I don't understand why the grand duke hasn't disowned her yet. She seems to be good for nothing. And to make matters worse, she brought a strange commoner child into the villa.

"Bosworth, has the kid woken up yet?" Lady Cynthia asked while I was standing nearby.

"That kid will come down later, my lady," I replied, and she nodded.

"Madeline, get some sweets and hot chocolate for the child," Lady Cynthia instructed, and the maid nodded before leaving the room.

(I wonder, why did the lady bring that child to the villa?)

(Where did the lady find this little girl?)

"Excuse me, my lady," another maid speaks.

"The little miss has arrived," she announces, and the child enters wearing a lilac violet dress-the same one the lady had ordered from a well-known clothing store.

"Oh, you look so pretty in that color! It suits you perfectly," Lady Cynthia exclaims as the child gracefully bows in front of her.

(That's intriguing.)

(Did she receive etiquette training?)

(She's a commoner, so that seems unlikely.)

"Thank you, nice lady," the child says, and I notice the lady smiling-a different kind of smile.

I can see the contrast because her eyes are lighting up for this child, something I've never witnessed before. The lady has never shown such a smile when she's around Prince Lucien; her smile is different.

"Please, have a seat, dear," Lady Cynthia invites as the child walks towards the chair. However, the seat is too high for her to climb.

...

*Sigh*

The little lady sighs and tries for the second time to get onto the seat, but she's too small, or maybe the seat is just too high-either way.

(Oh my, I've never seen someone so petite before.)

"My dear, do you need help? Is the seat too high for you to climb?" Lady Cynthia asks, seeing the little lady still struggling to get onto the seat.

"I... No, thanks, I can do it myself. I've got this. No need for rescue," the little lady insists, and I hear the maids in the room stifling their laughter as they watch her struggling to climb onto the seat.

"My dear, I believe the seat is too high for you. Are you sure you don't want any help?" Lady Cynthia asks, and the little lady turns around.

"N-no worries, I've got it," she says, and I can't help but smile a little.

(With those tiny legs... She's still trying to climb.)

(The determination of this child to get on that chair... is quite fascinating.)

After a few minutes and twelve attempts to climb onto the seat, the little lady finally succeeds. The maids in the room applaud with smiles on their faces.