Chapter 17 - Secrets in the Shadows

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

In the doctor's office, a place filled with magical vibes and energy, we meet a famous figure in the Lazourel Empire, the cream of the crop.

His name is Marquees Endry Albor Galzroiruss, the finest in the Lazourel Empire, especially when it comes to knowing about magical healing.

He's like the wizard extraordinaire in the empire, everyone knows him!

This expert is the one who went to examine Little Althea Melody, also known as Fern or the little lady.

"That child," Lord Galzroiruss muttered, seated at his desk, penning something on a blank sheet of paper.

(It's quite remarkable that the kid made it through Grand Duke Luk Van De Ross...)

"That child is already quite fortunate to have survived the Grand Duke," Lord Galzroiruss remarked, setting aside his writing to gaze at the paper before him.

(Considering the burns on the child's body, she should have dropped on the spot after a single blow from the Grand Duke.)

"Quite a lucky escape," Lord Galzroiruss pondered aloud.

"The duke might not have unleashed a fire blast on the child, but whatever he used to burn her... it should have been sufficient for an immediate demise," Lord Galzroiruss observed.

"Even exposure to intense magical fire can elevate internal temperatures, causing the muscles to cook," Lord Galzroiruss continued.

(That must have been excruciating for the poor child.)

"Subsequently, the muscles around the heart and ribs would soften, leading to an unresponsive state, and eventually, death," Lord Galzroiruss explained with a grave expression.

"But that kid, her ribs are broken, and her skin and face show the marks from the grand duke's anger. That's the only harm I can see caused by him," Lord Galzroiruss mentioned.

"Interestingly, the child has strong muscles for her age, and her heart is doing well, making it possible for her to recover, although it will be a painful process," Lord Galzroiruss explained, indicating a tough road to healing.

"Well, nothing much to be done about it. The lady wants her daughter cured by tomorrow, so I'll just have to do what I can," Lord Galzroiruss mumbled to himself. Returning to his desk, he prepared to write again, but his thoughts drifted away once more.

"That child is really strange," Lord Galzroiruss said, standing up from his chair. He walked over to his shelves, searching for a specific book that seemed to hold information about the mysteries surrounding the child.

"Ah, got it!" Lord Galzroiruss exclaimed, finally discovering the book he had been searching for.

"Let's take a look," he said, skimming through the pages of the book.

"Oh, here it is," Lord Galzroiruss announced, returning to his chair and reading a few pages from the book.

As he read through a couple of pages, he carefully set the book down on his desk.

"This book spells it out clearly - there are these mystical beings that can absorb magical abilities from others," Lord Galzroiruss remarked.

"Here, it's written that certain individuals are born with a special gift, a unique power," he continued, sharing his discoveries from the pages.

"And this special thing is called power absorption - a skill that lets you take or, you know, steal someone else's power," Lord Galzroiruss explained.

"Hmm, there are different ways or types of taking someone else's power, but the book doesn't say what those ways are," Lord Galzroiruss thought aloud.