Chapter 11 - Unveiling Resentment

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Ilarion Bosworth (POV)

I just stepped into the villa, and the shouting inside is already audible.

(His grace must be present.)

"You cannot adopt a child! You must not have a child! You must marry Prince Lucien and give birth to his child first! Don't bring shame to our family's name!" the grand duke exclaimed, and I entered the main lobby.

Numerous maids and other staff members had gathered in one place, witnessing his grace berating Lady Cynthia.

"Stop yelling at my mother! She's not deaf; she can still hear you!" the little lady shouted in response as she stepped in front of Lady Cynthia. The grand duke then lowered his gaze to look at the little lady.

I was genuinely surprised by her courage in intervening in the argument between his grace and Lady Cynthia.

"So, let me guess. This is the child you choose to adopt?" the grand duke remarked, and I found myself glancing back and forth between his grace and the little lady.

"You're going to adopt a child that looks like this!? You don't have a keen eye for selecting the perfect child to adopt!" the grand duke criticized, causing Lady Cynthia to appear visibly angered.

"What are you even thinking, Cynthia!?" the grand duke questioned.

"You're already engaged to Prince Lucien; stop this nonsense of adopting a child!" the grand duke insisted, and I couldn't help but observe the unusual sight of his grace acting in such a manner.

"What does it have to do with you if I'm going to adopt a child, Father? What is so wrong with what I'm doing? You kicked me out of the duchy and left me to live here, so why are you still trying to control my life?" Lady Cynthia retorted, her voice echoing with frustration.

"Yes, I am Prince Lucien's fiancée, but he doesn't even consider me as such! He keeps claiming he's too busy and doesn't want to see me, yet I always catch him flirting with other noble ladies!" Lady Cynthia revealed.

"That's because you two are still not married yet! Every man can do whatever he wants if he's still not married yet! You should have already known this, Cynthia!" the grand duke asserted.

"Nonsense!" the little lady exclaimed.

"If that ugly prince can do whatever he wants since he isn't married to my mother, then my mother can also do whatever she wants since she's not married yet! What happened to equality!?" the little lady shouted, drawing his grace's attention once again.

Everyone present was shocked to witness the little lady once again intervening in the ongoing conflict between Lady Cynthia and his grace.

"How dare you interfere in a family dispute! And how dare a commoner like you use such words toward a member of the royal family! You need a lesson!" the grand duke declared, raising his hand to slap the little girl's cheek, causing her to fall to the floor.

*gasps*

"Father! How could you hurt my daughter!?" Lady Cynthia exclaimed, and the grand duke appeared even angrier when Lady Cynthia tried to help the little girl up.

"The little miss," I heard Madeline say, and I suddenly realized that everyone, all the workers here in the villa who are present wore expressions of anger.

"You call this commoner your daughter? Disgusting! You don't even know where this child comes from, who gave birth to her! This child is nothing but trash and dirt!" the grand duke declared, prompting my eyebrows to furrow.