Chapter 4 - Winning Over Bosworth

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Fern (Point of View):

I find myself in a room with two other maids, getting ready with the clothes that I'll probably wear. Mr. Bosworth is here too, eyeing me curiously.

(Ah... he must be wondering why Miss Cynthia brought me here, considering he sees me as a commoner.)

But now that I'm alone with Mr. Bosworth, I'll use this chance to win him over.

"Pardon me," I said, and he coldly responded, still fixing his gaze on me while holding a towel.

"Yes?" he replied, and I met his gaze, challenging myself to a staring contest. I'm confident I can win.

"You have such pretty eyes. I've never seen such a beautiful eye color before," I complimented with a smile.

Well, he's got green eyes, like the color of an emerald gem.

"It's like the color of an emerald gem. I just wanted to say it looks really pretty," I mentioned with a smile, and he continued to stare.

I can't quite figure out what he's thinking, but I bet I seem a bit odd to him. Well, it's a compliment from a little kid like me.

"Is that so?" he replied, his face not showing any expression.

He didn't respond to it. Well, I'm not even sure how to win him over.

But I have to try.

And if I mention that he looks young, he might take it the wrong way.

"Your appearance is really nice, your posture is very elegant-definitely ten out of ten," I said, but he still didn't show any reaction at all. That is until the two maids called me into the bathroom.

🦋🪄⎯ Fast Forward 🦋🪄⎯

After my bath, the maids gave me an oversized nightwear. The sleeves were so long that when the maids saw me, they laughed and called me 'adorable.'

Well, I saw it as a chance to win them over. Maids are important too, you know. I'll have to make a good impression on them as well.

"Good night, little miss," the two maids said, leaving me alone in my spacious and fancy room.

I can't fall asleep.

Everything that happened today is too much, and it turns out my instincts were right.

I've been reincarnated to a time when Miss Cynthia and Prince Lucien are politically 'engaged.'

The female lead who's supposed to be reincarnated hasn't shown up in this empire yet, so I have plenty of time to alter the story.

I'm aware there might be significant consequences, like a butterfly effect from my actions, but I'll do anything to prevent my favorite lady from having the same fate as in the novel.

"I have to figure out how to handle Bosworth and the talented people. I need to win them over before the female lead shows up and takes them," I whispered to myself.

(Despite being mentally fourteen, my older sister's knowledge might help me find a way.)

(If the female reincarnator lead makes her first move, Miss Cynthia needs to be mentally and physically ready too.)

"I can't waste any time; I need to take action."

"Oh, since I'm in my sister's novel, magic is a thing, right?" I thought to myself.

(There's a dragon in the north, and the female lead accidentally makes it her companion.)

(I should aim to befriend that dragon first. It has legendary powers capable of wiping out an entire continent. I need it to be on my side.)

"I need to make that legendary dragon my companion first. Having that dragon on my side would be really nice," I murmured while standing on the balcony, gazing at the moon.

"That dragon can also protect my favorite Miss, so I must have the dragon by my side."

"First, I have to win over Mr. Bosworth and Miss Cynthia," I mumbled to myself, glancing at the moon.

*yawn*

(I probably need some rest. Later, I'll figure out which plan to tackle first.)

I went back to my bed and got in. Wrapping myself up in the cozy blanket, and thought about Miss Cynthia.

(Miss Cynthia, I'll make sure nobody underestimates you anymore.)

(Just wait and see...)

Slowly closing my eyes, I finally drifted off to sleep, letting go of the thoughts about what I should do tomorrow.

...