Chapter 12 - Embers of Change

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

"What do you mean by talking about dying, Cynthia?" exclaimed the grand duke.

"What I'm talking about, Father?" replied Lady Cynthia.

"Maybe you're unaware," Lady Cynthia said, smiling.

"Hahaha. Certainly, how could I ever forget?" Lady Cynthia laughed, appearing genuinely unhinged.

"You truly don't have any idea about your own daughter, Father!" Lady Cynthia stated.

"I loved you a lot, Father, 'cause you're my family. I loved you back when I was alive," Lady Cynthia expressed.

"There was a time I loved you as my only family in this world. I used to love and hoped that if I tried again, fate might change," Lady Cynthia shared, her gaze fixed on the grand duke.

"I did, and I kept hoping," Lady Cynthia continued.

"But I'm sorry for that," she apologized, leaving the grand duke confused.

"It was my mistake, and I was mistaken about loving you. I valued everyone in my life, but..." Lady Cynthia admitted.

"But can I really forget?" Lady Cynthia questioned.

"Tell me, Father! How can I ever forget!?" Lady Cynthia exclaimed.

"I died more than a hundred times, and I still remember how you looked at me with complete disgust when I was falsely accused!" Lady Cynthia revealed.

"You didn't fight for me, Father," Lady Cynthia expressed.

"I keep going back in time, hoping that you would fight for me. But you never did," Lady Cynthia complained.

"You never fought for me, your own daughter!" Lady Cynthia raised her voice.

"And you still won't! Even now, as I've come back in time, you remain unchanged!" Lady Cynthia declared.

"I've experienced death countless times - in various ways, at different places, by different hands. But you know what's ironic?" Lady Cynthia shared.

"All of it was because of you!" Lady Cynthia revealed.

"I held myself responsible and attempted various methods, hoping and wishing for a chance that maybe... everything would change," Lady Cynthia explained.

"And you know what's the only thing that has changed in here?" Lady Cynthia asked.

"Meeting the child who fulfills my desires snd giving me what I want! And you've harmed her, Father!" Lady Cynthia exclaimed.

"You've truly lost your sanity, Cynthia! Completely out of your mind!" the grand duke declared, with Bosworth silently standing behind him.

"You're irrational! If I've told you that adopting a child is not allowed, then you must heed my words! I'm your father," the grand duke yelled.

"You? Hahahahah," Lady Cynthia laughed mockingly, dismissing the grand duke's authority.

"You? My father? Since when did you become one?" Lady Cynthia questioned, her anger evident.

"Anyone can become a father, but it takes someone special to become a dad, but you? Ha." Lady Cynthia says.

"When did you show concern for me when I nearly drowned in the lake?" Lady Cynthia asked.

"Where were you when I fell ill at seven years old? And where were you when I invited you to my tenth birthday, hoping you'd come?" Lady Cynthia asked, expressing her disappointment.