Chapter 27 - Flowers of Forgiveness

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Willard Crawther (POV)

Just returned from the capital, fetching a few trinkets for my daughter. Truth is, I'm clueless about her likes. My duties as the archduke keep me away too much.

Now, I stand by my wife's grave, feeling the weight of my neglect.

"Forgive me, my dear. I've failed our vows," I murmur, laying a hydrangea at her tomb.

"But fret not. I'll mend things with our daughter. I'll seek her out and spare no effort to reclaim what's lost," I vow, gazing at the tombstone.

I've got a daughter, she has just turned six this last week. But I messed up badly, said something I shouldn't have and hurt her feelings..

I didn't mean it, I regret it so much that I hated myself for it.

"Lanira, please forgive me. I hurt our daughter," I whisper by her tombstone.

I made it myself, right here in Black Lagoon Forest. It's where she belonged, where she lived. So, it's only right she rests her.

Numerous folks have ventured into the Forest out of sheer curiosity, yet none have ever returned once they stepped foot inside.

I may be the King of this place, but I don't have the power to order the creatures or the beings who lives here.

Lanira, the woman whom I married secretly, she's the guardian or the Queen of this place, she was not your ordinary magician, she was an enchantress, she's the order if this place.

For folks outside the Black Lagoon Forest, it's always been a mysterious place. But for me, I could safely come and go from its depths.

Since I married the woman who protects this place and they sees me as the King around here.

Lanira, the sorceress, held sway over the Black Lagoon Forest with her magical abilities, commanding all within her domain in her lifetime.

When I first laid eyes on her, Lanira captivated me with her enchanting presence. Her piercing purple eyes and striking blue hair were impossible to ignore.

I spent a whole year working hard to make her trust me, trying to impress her every chance I got. Lanira was a tough nut to crack, incredibly hard to please, and downright intimidating. I couldn't even get her to smile.

One time, I thought I could win her over by giving her this an expensive necklace, but she adamantly refused to take any jewelry from me. My attempts at courtship failed over a hundred times before I finally won the heart of my beloved wife.

The only thing Lanira ever accepted from me was flowers. It was a breakthrough moment when I finally made her smile. In that instant, I seized the opportunity and asked her to be my wife.

At first, Lanira seemed unsure, giving me a cold look, but I reassured her that I meant no harm. Eventually, she agreed to be my wife.

I was overjoyed when she accepted my proposal, but she had one condition: the wedding had to take place in the Black Lagoon Forest, her home.

I couldn't say no to her request, so I agreed. Two months later, we were married. Creatures and beings from her homeland attended our wedding.

Some were terrifying to look, and others were dangerous, but they were all there peacefully, only to celebrate the occasion.

Life with Lanira went well until she gave birth to our daughter. I didn't know about the tradition in her homeland: after giving birth, she would pass away.