Chapter 68 - Drama

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Cynthia (POV)

( I need to get some gifts and flowers for the kids at the orphanage...)

( Those handprints on the window last night... Someone must've been trying to get in...)

"I have to keep my little girl safe..." I muttered to myself.

( She's only been with me for a few months... I'll do anything to protect her! )

( She means everything to me! )

As I strolled along, lost in my thoughts, someone crashed into me. When I saw who it was, I wasn't even surprised anymore.

I've seen her face countless times before, and I'm already tired of it. Hearing her voice and seeing her face gives me a headache.

She hasn't changed a bit; she's still the same person I met in my past life. It seems like we're destined to cross paths again.

"Um, I-I'm sorry, I didn't see you there..." Lady Auriane De Verley says, the girl with pink hair whom I once envied because she always got everything she wanted, even my father.

"I see..." I replied, looking at her.

"But is Lady Auriane blind not to see someone walking straight in broad daylight?" I retorted as she stared back at me.

"O-Oh... I wasn't paying attention to where I was going... a-and I'm sorry, my lady..." Lady Auriane says as I continued to stare at her.

"Really? Lady Auriane isn't paying attention to where she's going?" I remarked, my gaze fixed on her.

"Yes, I truly didn't mean to bump into you, my lady. I didn't even see you there," Lady Auriane insisted, but her expression betrayed her words.

( She claims to be sorry for not noticing me, but her manner tells a different story.)

( What a two-faced bitch.)

"You don't seem sorry, but since it's a minor inconvenience, I'll overlook—" I started, but before I could finish, she shoved me so forcefully that I stumbled when a carriage passed between us.

We found ourselves in the middle of the street. The road is broad, but out of everyone who could have bumped into me, why did it have to be her!?

"My goodness! Are you alright, my lady!?" Lady Auriane exclaimed, feigning genuine concern while I stared at her.

I've encountered her in my past life, not just once, but countless times... no, more times than I care to count.

She may appear innocent, but she's far from it. Her "apology" doesn't seem genuine at all. She's truly a fucking two-faced bitch... if only others knew, would they still see her in the same light?

"My goodness... isn't that Lady Cynthia?" I heard the voices of other people around us as I lay on the ground, my dress soaked with mud.

"M-My lady, I-I'm sorry for pushing you out of the way, I didn't mean to, I only did it to sa—" Lady Auriane began, but I cut her off.

"Stop," I said, fixing her with a steady gaze.

"P-Pardon??" Lady Auriane stammered as I continued to stare at her.

(She could have simply pulled me aside instead of pushing so forcefully...)

(But then again, if she hadn't pushed me, I might have been hit by the carriage...)

(Actually, no...)

(The carriage would have stopped eventually if there was a person in its path.)

(And there's so much space...)