Chapter 60 - Moments

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

It's already five in the afternoon, and Lady Cynthia hasn't returned yet. Meanwhile, the little lady waits in the main lobby for her adopted mother to return.

"Are you waiting for Lady Cynthia to come back?" Maddie asked the little lady with a warm smile.

"Yes, I'm waiting for my mother to come home," the little lady replied, sitting on the floor with her chin resting on her palm, her eyes fixed on the mansion's main door.

"I think Lady Cynthia will be home very late tonight. We received a letter from her," Maddie explained, noticing the little lady's curious expression.

"What did mother write?" the little lady asked.

"Lady Cynthia mentioned in the letter that she'll be home very late and that he little lady shouldn't wait up for her tonight," Maddie replied, seeing the sadness on the little lady's face.

"I thought she would be home earlier," the little lady sighed, looking disappointed. Maddie tried to cheer her up.

"My little miss, don't be sad. You won't look pretty anymore if you keep that sad face," Maddie said, causing the little lady to smile.

"Maddie..." the little lady began.

"Yes, my miss?" Maddie replied.

"Do you know where Mr. Bosworth is?" the little lady asked, and Maddie smiled.

"Does my little miss really like Mr. Bosworth?" Maddie asked.

"Hmm? 🤔 Well, I do like him. He's very trustworthy and reliable, amazing and ho— I mean, who wouldn't like Mr. Bosworth, right?" the little lady responded.

"Hmm, well... nobody here really has a good relationship with Mr. Bosworth. We rarely have conversations with him, and he doesn't even like talking to any of us," Maddie explained.

"But it's quite unusual to see Mr. Bosworth talking to us for more than two minutes. I think... he's changed a bit lately," Maddie added, as the little lady nodded in agreement.

"Oh, is the change in Mr. Bosworth a good thing?" the little lady asked, looking concerned, and Maddie smiled reassuringly.

"Of course! Sir Bosworth has never held a conversation for more than twenty-five seconds with anyone here until of course, the lady arrived," Maddie explained.

"Oh..." the little lady responded, but then her expression turns sad.

"My little miss, are you alright? You seem very sad today. Is something bothering you?" Maddie asked gently, but the little lady remained silent, standing in front of Maddie.

"Does my lady miss Lady Cynthia?" Maddie asked, her smile warm.

"When will mother come home?" the little lady asked, and Maddie's smile widened.

"I'm sure she'll be home soon, but my little miss shouldn't be so sad. Your pretty face will lose its glow. Do you want that?" Maddie asked sincerely.

"Will no one like me if I'm not pretty anymore? Will I go to... a bad place if everyone starts hating me? Will I sink to the bottom if no one supports me? Will these thoughts send me to... a bad place?" the little lady asked, her voice filled with worry, leaving Maddie speechless.

"My miss... please don't dwell on those thoughts. No one in their right mind would hate you. You're a precious gem to everyone. Please remember that," Maddie says, and the little lady smiled. She then hugged Maddie, who returned the embrace warmly.

"Madeline! The head maid is looking for you again!" another maid yelled.

"Oh, I'm sorry, little miss. It seems I have something to attend to. Will you be alright if I—" Maddie began, but the little lady only nodded in response.

"You have my permission. Take care Maddie," the little lady said as Maddie hurried off, leaving her alone once again.

"Well... now that I think about it, this life is quite boring since I don't have much to do to pass the time," the little lady whispered to herself.

"If only the internet and phones existed in this world, I would probably be glued to the screen all the time," the little lady chuckled to herself as she made her way to the living room.

Once there, she settled into a chair and pulled out the coloring book that Bosworth had given her.

As the little lady colored the drawings in her book, she began to sing a song.

Everybody wants to find out who they are for real~ 🎶

Looking for a way to show it, tell you how I feel~🎶

A melody needs harmony~🎶

"Oh, Melody is also my name in here hehehe ✺◟(∗❛ัᴗ❛ั∗)◞✺," the little lady chuckled, then continued to sing as she worked.

You've shown me what a friend can be~🎶

Tonight's nothing is what it seems~🎶

Tonight's we're finding out what it means~🎶

Life is a song, we got the key~🎶

Be who you are, unlock your dreams~🎶

Tonight, we're showing you what it means~🎶
Unlock your dreams~🎶

"My miss—" Maddie began, but she stopped when she heard the little lady singing, and Bosworth also arrived at the right moment once again.

"My lady, it is time for your—" Bosworth started.

"Sir Bosworth, be quiet! Shush!" Maddie interrupted, while the other two maids smiled and listened to the little lady's singing.

Everybody's got a voice, so use it loud and clear~🎶

Raise it up to the sky and tell 'em that you're here~🎶

"Ah, finally, my chocolate house is beautiful," the little lady remarked, smiling as she looked at her coloring book. Then, unexpectedly, she started singing a new song.

\\Note: needed to change the song, since it was inappropriate to use for a little child, so Imma just use barbie's songs tehehehe\\

I spend too much time thinking about~🎶

Who I'm supposed to be~🎶
I play by everybody's rules~🎶

That don't seem right to me~🎶
I'm cool and polite on the outside~🎶

When I get a chance, I run and I hide~🎶
If your eyes are closed, it's hard to see~🎶

" The lady is so amazing ..." Said one of the maids.

'Cause I'm afraid of what might happen~🎶
What if they turn away~🎶

" The lady could be a musician genius! " Said by the other maid.

When I throw those big doors open?~🎶
Or tonight, just tonight~🎶

" You mean a singer? My miss isn't even playing an instrument." Maddie says

What if I shine?~🎶

"Still, the miss is still amazing!" said the maid.

"My lady, it is time for you to eat your dinner," Bosworth stated, approaching the little lady.

"Already? But... mother isn't here yet," the little lady replied, looking in Bosworth's direction.

.
.
.
.🦋