Chapter 44 - Designs and Dilemmas

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

I have been inside my room for like...you know? More than just two hours already, I also locked my room and put a sign outside of the door, you know just a simple sign of 'Don't Disturb Me.'

I really don't like being distracted or someone coming to my room whenever I'm busy, or doing something really serious besides, there are lots of ideas floating in my mind right now!

And I must get these ideas out of my mind before it disappears!

"Alright, I have four different gowns and different designs, but let's not mind how ugly I draw the arms, I have weaknesses in that area." I said to myself as I then placed the papers on my bed.

"It would be very nice if the gown isn't too heavy or hustle to move around for my beloved lady." I said

"The gown should make my lady feel comfortable but also looks elegant on it." I said to myself.

" Ah, I love all my designs, I'm so in love right now. " I said to myself as I keep staring at it.

" This one looks very nice for my beloved lady, it shows off her beautiful shoulder, arm and neck..." I said

" And the color of the gown is also in a darker shade, so in this way, my lady's hair color stands out and how fair her skin is and of course, how beautiful she is! " I said with a smile on my face.

" But I also like the second one, it shows my beloved lady's body shape and the bottom has a mermaid tail, but of course, it still shows her shoulder and it doesn't have a sleeve either, I made it just like that. " I said

" On the third one, its an off shoulder, the gown is silver white with designs of pearls around it and I really love this one. " I said

"And since it's the celebration party for the second prince, there's gotta be some dancing, right?" I pondered aloud.

"I mean, what if by chance, mother gets asked to dance by a stranger? If that happens, this dress would be just perfect for twirling around," I speculated.

"Whenever she spins, she'll look like Cinderella! Well, except her gown was blue, not silver-white," I chuckled softly to myself.

"But still, I'm totally loving the idea! And those pearls add such a nice touch!" I remarked to myself, a grin spreading across my face.

"Now, about the fourth one..." I trailed off, staring at it intently for a while.

"I'm not entirely sure about this one, I just sketched it," I admitted to myself.

I found myself staring at the fourth gown I'd sketched on the paper, and the longer I looked, the less appealing it became.

"Hmm, this one's not really working for me. It does highlight my lovely mother's shoulder and her figure, but it's just not hitting the mark. It gives off more of a nighttime party vibe," I muttered to myself, feeling a bit disappointed.

"So, I think it's best to set this one aside for now," I decided, a small smile playing on my lips as I carefully tucked it away in a drawer.

"Now, it seems I'm left with three options. They're not quite measuring up to the elegance of the gown the leading lady wore in the novel," I admitted to myself with a sigh, my gaze drifting out the window as I contemplated my choices.

While I was looking out the window, suddenly I had a new idea in my head.

"Oh! I know! I need more paper!" I said to myself but I couldn't find any.

"Oh no, I don't have any more!" I said, looking around but I couldn't see any paper.

"What should I do?" I thought to myself.

"I need paper!" I shouted, then I went outside my room and it just happened that Mr. Bosworth was walking by.

"Oh? My lady finally steps out from her room," Mr. Bosworth says as I turn away.

(Oh, I need to find some paper.)

(Maybe I could ask the head maid for some.)

(Off to the kitchen!)

"My lady, may I inquire why you're in such a hurry?" Mr. Bosworth asks.

"Not now, Mr. Bosworth, I'm busy," I reply, rushing towards the head maid as soon as I spot her.

"Paper!" I exclaim, catching the head maid's attention.

"Right on time, my lady! We've prepared a snack for yo—" She says as I interrupt her.

"Paper? Where? Find? Now?" I blurt out urgently.

"My little miss needs paper???" Maddie responds, looking at me with surprise as I nod vigorously.

"Yes, need it, very very!" I insist, feeling relieved as they all smile at me reassuringly.

"I'll go get it, my little miss. Just wait in the living room, I'll have it with me in a second!" Maddie says, rushing off to fetch the paper.

"Come with us, miss. Would you like to go outside and relax in the garden?" The head maid suggests, and I nod in agreement, grateful for the distraction.

🦋 - - ✄ - - - - 🦋

After Maddie brought the papers to me, I immediately set to work on the gown I had just envisioned moments ago.

It might not make my lady look as elegant as some of the other gowns, but this one will definitely make her the talk of the town!

Sure, the female lead may stand out among the crowd too, but I'm certain this gown will ensure my beloved lady shines just as brightly. They'll both be the talk of the society.

I'm going to craft a beautiful, extravagant gown for my beloved lady. It won't have any sleeves, but I'll make sure it's incredibly comfortable, with the fabric being one hundred percent cotton!

And that's not all! I'll make this gown glow in the dark, with a shade of purple to match my lady's preferences. After all, she adores wearing purple, lilac, or violet colors.

(I suppose I'll have to let go of the idea of my lady looking elegant, haha! But I'm absolutely sure she'll be stunning.)

(When the second prince has his first dance, but in the novel, he didn't dance with anyone. So, it was the first prince who danced with the female lead.)

(And in that happily ever after dance night.)

(The lights were focused on the female lead and Prince Lucien, dancing in the center.)

(And that's exactly what I'm aiming for, hahahaha!)

"Oh, wait, didn't I decide not to overshadow the female lead? Hmm? I did say she can have her moment in the spotlight," I remind myself.

"I mean, of course, she can have her moments, but *chuckles*," I add with a grin.

"Ah, I'm seriously going to burst with excitement," I say to myself, unable to contain my enthusiasm.

"When the lights really disappear, hahahaha! When that really happens... hahahahaha!" I exclaimed to myself, unable to stifle my laughter.

"Oh gosh, my beloved lady's gown will glow in the dark, hahaha!" I chuckled.

"Oh no, am I poking fun at my beloved lady? I should probably stop laughing," I realized, feeling a twinge of guilt.

"Hmm, I think it's a nice idea, but maybe it's a bit too eye-catching. Should I go through with it, or just give it a subtle sparkle instead of making it glow?" I pondered to myself.

"I think sprinkling it with sparkling dust from a fairy would be much better than making it glow in the dark," someone says, so I turned around to see who said that.

.
.
.
.🦋