Chapter 52 - Strawberry Tarts and Mother's Love

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Cynthia's (POV)

As soon as I entered my dear daughter's room, my attention was drawn to Bosworth and my dear little one on the floor.

Not only that! My dear daughter had tears streaming down both sides of her cheeks!

"What..." I began, looking back and forth.

(What has he done?!)

(What has he done to my daughter?!)

"My dear, are you alright?" I asked as I approached her, kneeling down and holding her close.

"Mother..." My dear Althea whimpered as she hugged me, tears staining my shoulder.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying? You can tell me, I'll punish whoever made you cry!" I declared, shooting a stern look at Bosworth.

"What did you do to my little angel?!" I demanded, gently rubbing my daughter's back as I glared at Bosworth.

(Should I erase him from existence?)

(I'd need to strategize carefully if I choose to do so...)

"Your grace, let me explai—" Bosworth began, but my dear daughter interrupted him.

"Mr. Bosworth was being mean to me~" My dear Althea said, her expression full of sadness as she looked at me.

"What did Bosworth say to you? You can tell me, dear." I said, gently caressing her angelic face.

"*sobs* Mr. Bosworth said... he..." My dear Althea started, glancing at Bosworth, and I mirrored her look with a stern expression.

"It's alright, dear, you can tell me." I reassured her with a smile, hoping to ease her distress.

"Mr. Bosworth said very mean things to me..." My dear Althea said, tears welling up in her eyes. I nodded, wiping away her tears from both cheeks.

"Yes, yes. Tell me, mother is listening." I encouraged her, trying to comfort her.

"My dear, what happened?" I asked as I held her close.

"Mr. Bosworth said he won't give me hugs or strawberry tarts anymore," she sobbed, her eyes filled with tears.

"That's what he said?" I asked, turning to Bosworth, who looked surprised.
"And that made you cry?" I asked my daughter, who nodded her head with a sad look.

"Yes... He said no more tarts because I ate too many... *sobs* but I-I love them," she explained through tears. I shot Bosworth a suspicious glance, unsure of his motives.

"Are you sure there's nothing else bothering you, dear? ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Let's talk about it honestly, away from Bosworth," I suggested, concern in my voice.

"No, I'm telling you, Mother. (。•́︿•̀。) Mr. Bosworth said no more hugs, no more tarts," my daughter insisted, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"You said that!?" I exclaimed, fixing Bosworth with a stern glare.

"I... No, Your Grace, it's not like that at all. I can explain," Bosworth stammered, clearly flustered.

"How dare you—" I began, but my daughter's wails cut through.

"No more tarts! Waaaaah! I love tarts! ༼;'༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽ Mother, Mr. Bosworth is so mean," she cried, clinging to me for comfort.

"It's alright, my dear. We'll make sure there are plenty of tarts for you from now on," I reassured her, and her face lit up with joy in an instant.

"Really? ( ╹▽╹ ) Tarts? Strawberry ones?? Mother's going to prepare strawberry tarts for me?? Lots of tarts?? ( ╹▽╹ ) Really? Really? Really?!" she exclaimed eagerly.

"Anything for you, my dear," I replied with a smile, and she beamed back at me.

"In your face, Mr. Bosworth! ( ꈍᴗꈍ) Hehehe~ now you can't say I can't have tarts anymore. " she declared proudly.

(Does she really love tarts that much? (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) )

"*gasp* Mother!" she exclaimed suddenly, pulling me into another hug.

"Yes, what is it again? ( ꈍᴗꈍ) " I asked, returning her embrace with a smile.

"You're so pretty~ I love you. (つ≧▽≦)つ " she expressed affectionately, and my heart swelled with warmth.

"You're much prettier, my dear. I love you the most," I replied lovingly, casting a warning glance at Bosworth.

"You better not say anything mean to my daughter if you don't want to disappear from this villa and never return," I whispered to him, meeting his cold gaze.

" Now dear, would you like to come outside of the mansion and be with me in the garden for a while? " I said with a smile.

" Oh! Before that mother, I made a necklace for you, it is handmade and I got the materials from Mr. David and Maddie." My dear Althea says as I smiled when she showed me a pretty hand make necklace with my first letter name.

" Is this mine? " I said and she nod her head.

" Yes! (≧▽≦) Very very! " She says as I smiled even more.

" Would you like to be the one to put it on my neck? " I said with a smile as she nodded her head wearing such beautiful smile on her pretty angel face.

" I would love to do it for you mother! (ㆁωㆁ) " She says and I then nodded my head.

.
.
.
.🦋