Chapter 16 - Healing Shadows: A Night of Gentle Comfort

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

"Mr. Bosworth?" Althea called out, her eyes fixed on the mysterious figure standing beside her.

"Yes, my lady?" Bosworth responded, his hand still resting on Althea's head, and she couldn't help but gaze at him.

Althea was baffled, wondering how Bosworth had entered her bedroom without using the balcony or the door; he seemed to have appeared mysteriously from the shadows.

*sobs*

"Mr. Bosworth, the burns hurt." the small girl sobs as she expresses her pain at the burning sensation on her skin.

Then, with caution and gentleness, Bosworth, who was still standing close to the little lady, puts his hand on her cheek.

"My lady, does the burn on your face also feels itchy?" Bosworth asked and in response, Little Althea nodded her head and sobbed silently.

"I can't sleep; it's so itchy. *sobs*," the young lady complained, and Bosworth gently withdrew his hand.

"Why don't you lie down first, my lady? Let's treat those burns on your face so you can have a comfortable night's sleep," Bosworth suggested, meeting the gaze of the anxious little Althea.

"You don't need to be cautious, my lady. I won't harm you in any way, so please, lie down on your bed," Bosworth reassured as he helped the young lady settle onto her bed.

"What's that, Mr. Bosworth?" Little Althea asked, her eyes fixed on the jar Bosworth held, containing a softly glowing blue jelly.

"This will help soothe the pain on your face, my lady. It'll make it easier for you to sleep tonight," Bosworth explained, wearing an unusual smile.

Little Althea found it odd since she had never witnessed Bosworth smile at her before. He usually had a stern expression in her presence, making her feel uneasy.

"I'll trust Mr. Bosworth. *smile*" The young lady declared, and Bosworth, without uttering a word, opened the jar.

"My lady, please shut your eyes," Bosworth instructed.

"I'm going to apply this on your face now," he announced, and though the young lady felt a bit uneasy about Bosworth's actions, she complied, maintaining her silence.

Bosworth delicately spread the cool, glowing blue substance onto the little Althea's face.

"Mr. Bosworth... it's cold on my face," Little Althea remarked.

"Of course, my lady. This is a remedy for your burned skin. It'll soothe the burning sensation and alleviate the itchiness," Bosworth explained.

"Does it work, Mr. Bosworth?" Little Althea asked

"Of course, my lady," Bosworth affirmed, carefully applying the soothing, glowing blue jelly slime to the young lady's face and even her burned arm.

"Where did you get it, Mr. Bosworth? It feels so cool and nice on my face," Little Althea asked, opening her eyes to see Bosworth tending to her burned arm.

"Get it? I didn't get it somewhere, my lady. *smile* I made it myself," Bosworth revealed, closing the jar and meeting little Althea with his emerald green eyes.

"You made it yourself? That's really incredible, Mr. Bosworth," Little Althea exclaimed.

"And thank you for taking care of me tonight, Mr. Bosworth. You're truly kind," she added, but Bosworth remained expressionless.

"Mr. Bosworth, you're very nice, but it's difficult to figure out what's on your mind today," the young lady observed, gazing at Bosworth.

"Yes, has the burning on your face eased up, my lady?" Bosworth asked, choosing not to respond to Little Althea's previous question.

"Oh, yes. Thank you so much, Mr. Bosworth. I don't know what that was, but I won't ask about it." Little Althea says

"I'll simply express my gratitude to Mr. Bosworth for treating my burns tonight," Little Althea stated, and Bosworth simply nodded in acknowledgment.

"Of course, my lady. It's my pleasure," Bosworth responded.

"Now, please, have a goodnight's sleep. You'll need to wake up early in the morning; the doctor is coming to visit and treat your injury tomorrow," Bosworth advised, and the young lady simply nodded.

"Goodnight, Mr. Bosworth. Sweet dreams when you sleep too," the young lady wished as Bosworth covered her with a blanket. As he was about to leave, she spoke once more.

"Please don't exhaust yourself, Mr. Bosworth. You need to rest tonight too," the young lady urged, and Bosworth gazed at her.

"Then... good night, Mr. Bosworth," she bid.

"Oh, and let's play once I'm healed from my injury, Mr. Bosworth. I want to play with everyone," she added, closing her eyes and missing the smile that appeared on Bosworth's face after her final words.

"Yes, certainly. We'll play any games you desire once you're healed from your injury. Until then, please rest well, my lady," Bosworth murmured under his breath.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, my little lady," Bosworth uttered as he once again vanished mysteriously into the darkness of the young lady's bedroom.
.
.
.
. 🦋