Chapter 38 - Ilarion

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Ilarion Bosworth (POV)

"Master, watch out! Don't let that monster's tentacles grab you!" Ephraim warns, prompting me to swiftly dodge away from the creature's three tentacles.

(This creature moves fast, but not as fast as me. This is actually quite thrilling.)

(I'm actually enjoying this.)

"Master, look out ahead!" Ephraim shouts as he covers for me.

"That was a close one, master," Ephraim remarks, while I stay focused on my opponent.

"Not bad. This creature is living up to my expectations," I comment with a smile. However, I'm even more surprised when it responds.

"And you're not as bad as I thought," it says, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"You... could talk this whole time?" I ask in surprise.

"I have a mouth, just like you. Doesn't that make us similar? We both can talk," it responds, and I find myself smiling.

"Not bad, I like your attitude," I say with a smile.

"Unfortunately, I don't like yours," it retorts.

"Looks like we don't share mutual feelings, huh," I remark as it continues to stare at me.

"We don't need to have feelings. You're going to die anyway... and I'll be taking your soul," it declares, but I smile in response.

"Oh? I look forward to it," I reply, and right on cue, Ephraim restrains its legs, making the creature unable to move.

"You shouldn't underestimate your enemy so easily. Our fight isn't over yet," I warn, preparing to deliver the final blow, when suddenly Ephraim speaks.

"Master, two creatures are heading this way. They're 14 kilometers away," Ephraim alerts me.

"Can you describe what creatures they are?" I ask.

"Not good, master. Another one just arrived, and they're the same species as this one," Ephraim explains, gesturing towards the creature who is grinning from ear to ear.

"Didn't I tell you? I'll be taking your soul and devouring you. You seem quite strong, so your mana and soul would be delicious, wouldn't they?" the creature boasts, its smile widening.

"Don't celebrate yet, you haven't ki—" I begin, but before I can finish, it swings its sharp claws at me, injuring my chest.

"Hahaha, don't let your guard down. You may look young, but you talk too much," the creature taunts as I gaze back at it.

"My legs may be immobilized, but don't forget my tentacles can still strike at any moment, and my hands are free," it warns.

"Does the burn on your chest hurt? *smile* It should, there's poison on my claws. Even if I can't claim your soul, you'll soon die from the poison," it continues with a sinister grin.

"Oh, you think being poisoned would scare me? *smirk* Not even death frightens me anymore. I've been in situations like this before," I retort, feeling a rush of adrenaline from the fight.

"Besides, I'm actually enjoying this battle with a creature like you," I add with a smile.

"Master, we need to leave. The other creatures are on their way here, we have to go now," Ephraim urges, but before I can move, I raise my index finger and aim it at the creature.

"What are you pointing at—" it begins, but before it can finish, a needle pierces its heart, ending its life instantly.

"I'm not sure if poisoning you back is the best idea, but hey... it's a good way to paralyze a prey like you," I say with a smile before disappearing right in front of him.

"Where are you hiding?" he demands, but I'm already behind him, holding a knife with both hands.

"This poison... what did you do to me?!" he cries out as I swiftly cut off all three of his tentacles. Instead of blood, a violet substance flows from the wounds.

"You! How dare you!" he shouts, but he's unable to move.

"I'll apologize later for killing you, but first... you must die," I declare with a smile, then swiftly sever his head from his body.

"Master, we need to go. They're very close now," Ephraim reminds me. I conceal my presence in the darkness and leave the area, following the footprints on the ground.

"Master, I think we should worry about your wound now. It doesn't look good," Ephraim advises.

"We can deal with this later. Right now, I need to ensure the safety of the young lady and get her back home," I insist.

(I'm sure the young lady has a family waiting for her at home.)

(And I'm certain her family wouldn't be pleased to discover she's run away.)

(But first, I need to find her and hear her side of the story.)

"But master... your wound. The bleeding won't stop," Ephraim persists.

"And master, there are dark veins appearing on your chest. It doesn't look good, master. We need to treat it now and find a cure," Ephraim urges.

"We don't even know what kind of poison that creature had, let alone how to cure it," I respond.

"But master, I'm sure the young lady is safe. Please, let's focus on finding a way to rid your body of this poison," Ephraim pleads.

"It's alright, Ephraim. If I'm going to die, at least I had some fun with that creature. But before I rest in peace, I want to see the young lady first," I say with a smile.

"Master, why are you always thinking about that young creature? I've even heard you talk in your sleep, mentioning her name," Ephraim says.

"I did not," I deny.

"Deny all you want, master, but I heard it," Ephraim insists.

"If I said I didn't, then I didn't. You'll need evidence before making such claims," I retort, but then I suddenly vomit black blood.

"Master!" Ephraim exclaims, alarmed. "I'm telling you, we need to deal with the poison from that creature first, then we can continue searching for the young lady. Please, listen to me."

"Alright, tell me your idea to stop this poison," I concede, looking at him expectantly."I-I don't know what kind of poison it is, master... B-But we still need to find a way to get rid of it!" Ephraim insists, clearly distressed.

"If I'm dying today, I won't regret it. Like I said, I had some fun with that creature. It lived up to my expectations," I say with a smile.

"Master! Seriously!" Ephraim protests.

"Be quiet, you're very noisy," I reply firmly.

"Master, please, let's go see the Dark Elders. Maybe they can help us," Ephraim suggests, and I pause in my tracks.

(This direction...)

"Master, why do you always think about that young creature? I've even heard you talk in your sleep, mentioning her name," Ephraim says.

"I did not," I deny.

"Deny all you want, master, but I heard it," Ephraim insists.

"If I said I didn't, then I didn't. You'll need evidence before making such claims," I retort, but then I suddenly vomit black blood.

"Master!" Ephraim exclaims, alarmed. "I'm telling you, we need to deal with the poison from that creature first, then we can continue searching for the young lady. Please, listen to me."

"Alright, tell me your idea to stop this poison," I concede, looking at him expectantly.

"Master? What's wrong? Why did you stop? Did the poison start taking over your body now?" Ephraim says, concerned.

"Sprint, we must go to the Lost Soul Forest immediately," I declare and vanish.

"Ah! Master! You never listen to me!" I hear Ephraim exclaiming as I disappear.
.
.
.
.🦋