Chapter 43 - Contemplation

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

As soon as the little lady opened the door, she was then greeted by a bunch of people.

" Dear????? " Lady Cynthia says as she was holding a handkerchief on her hand.

" Mother? " The little lady says as Lady Cynthia immediately run towards her.

" Oh my goodness! You're finally here! " Lady Cynthia says as she then gives the little lady a very tight hug.

" Oh my goodness! I thought you won't come back home anymore! But you come back anyway." Lady Cynthia says as she looks so worried but her expression then changed.

"Where were you!? Sneaking out from here and not even telling me where you're going!? Do you know how dangerous it is outside!?" Lady Cynthia scolded, placing both hands on her hips and fixing her gaze on the young lady.

"I'm sorry," the young lady replied.

"Sorry isn't a magic word! You don't know how worried we were! Seriously!" Lady Cynthia continued, her tone stern.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again, I promise," the young lady assured.

"As it should! What if you had met a strange, suspicious person? That would have been trouble, don't you realize that?" Lady Cynthia admonished.

"I'm sorry," the young lady repeated.

"You should be sorry! Don't do that again, going somewhere without telling anyone. I'm worried, and so are they," Lady Cynthia scolded.

"I'm sorry," the young lady said once more.

"Alright, I can forgive you this once, but if you do it again, things won't be very nice, and I won't be nice anymore. Understand?" Lady Cynthia warned, to which the young lady nodded.

"Good," Lady Cynthia affirmed.

"Now, have you eaten anything yet? I'm sure you're hungry," Lady Cynthia asked.

"Maids! Go and prepare the food for my dear daughter, make sure it is warm," she commanded, prompting the maids to disappear into the kitchen to prepare the meal.

"After you eat your food, go to your room and reflect on your actions by writing down what you shouldn't do anymore on a blank paper and give it to me tomorrow," Lady Cynthia instructed, to which the little lady nodded.

"Don't make anyone worry about you like this ever again," Lady Cynthia added firmly, receiving an agreement from the little lady.

"I will," the little lady promised, hugging Lady Cynthia's leg since she couldn't reach higher.

"I'll join you in the dining room," Lady Cynthia said with a smile.

🦋 - - ✄ - - - - 🦋

After finishing her breakfast, the little lady retreated to her room and began to write a letter.

"Why am I even doing this again?" she muttered to herself, continuing to write even after completing the letter. She eventually lay down on the floor, pondering her actions.

"Sooner or later, the female lead will appear here... Ah, why am I even getting nervous?" she mused, rolling on the floor in contemplation.

"But I'll have to deal with that; after all, she's the female lead of this novel," she reasoned aloud, staring at the ceiling.

"My sister's novel has a happy ending... And the Prince..." she trailed off, lost in thought.

"He just makes me upset sometimes. Reading the first novel of my sister before, it really makes me upset," the little lady muttered.

"Well, it wasn't about the story, but I was so upset about how my beloved lady was being mistreated by the people who surround her," she continued.

"She was raised to become perfect this and perfect that, and everyone forgot that she's a living being and can make mistakes too," she lamented.

"But all those expectations from these people... *sigh*," she sighed, rolling on the floor in frustration.

"And I know that Prince Lucien isn't good for my lady; they are not meant to be together," the little lady murmured.

"But what am I even gonna do if my lady is super in love with the Prince of this Empire? I mean, sure, he's the male lead so, of course, he has his ways to appeal," she pondered aloud.

"My beloved lady always caught Prince Lucien with all these women on his arms, but he won't even come clean, and in the novel, my lady was always upset and angry," she recalled.

"Oh, it just makes me upset too," she sighed, rising from the floor and heading towards her desk. She grabbed a few blank sheets and a pen.

"Let's see, what was that gown that I saw in a fashion magazine again? It was on the front page," she mused, lost in thought.

"Ah! I remembered," the little lady exclaimed.

"Good thing I actually have a little talent for arts. I guess joining the arts club isn't bad since I can use this here. Just wait, you all. I won't let my beloved mother be overshadowed by the female lead," she chuckled to herself.

"Well, of course, the female lead can have her big moment, being the center of attention, but so does my mother," she affirmed.

"Okay, since I already drew the body, all I need to do is just draw the dress that I saw in the magazine before," she reasoned.

"These people here in this world wear such traditional clothing. That's why when the female lead appears, her clothes are always the talk of society," she observed, smiling.

"She can become the topic of society too, and sooner or later, the female lead will be suspicious of me, but she won't have any evidence anyway," the little lady chuckled to herself.

"Even if she says that I'm also like her, a reincarnator, she won't have any evidence of that. Even if she says that the dress I made is actually from the modern world, people will only see it as talent," she reasoned, smiling.

"But there are also people who would think otherwise. So, in order to not let her know anything about me being a 'reincarnator', I'll just have to plot something later on," the little lady decided.

"Okay, since my beloved lady has a thin waist, the perfect dress for her would be something fit but elegant," she planned.

"But I'm kinda conflicted right now. Should I add a sleeve or should I not?" the little lady mused aloud.

"Forget it, I'll think about it again later. But for now..." she paused, considering.

"Ah, if I'm going to show my lady's shoulder, then again, should I add an off-shoulder?" she pondered.

"Forget that. I'm not going to add a sleeve since I'll make my beloved lady wear gloves," she decided.

"Okay, since I've made a decision not to add a sleeve for my lady's gown..." she trailed off, thinking aloud.

"Wait a minute, a fit but elegant gown with no sleeve, showing my lady's shoulder... Ah! I'm confused again. Should I redo it?" she wondered.

"There are a lot of different gowns and styles in the modern world, and I can't make the right decision of what type of gown I'm going to make!" the little lady exclaimed, frustration evident in her voice as she crumpled the paper in front of her.

"Okay, let's do it once again," she resolved.
.
.
.
.🦋