Chapter 72 - The mighty dragon to the rescue

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

"Who are you talking to?" came a voice from behind. When I turned around, it was the mighty dragon, Keilbuss.

(H-How did he get here???)

"No... How did you find me?" I asked.

"Your highness..." Keilbuss said, staring at me intently.

"Y-Yes???" I replied, unsure.

(He isn't a ghost pretending to be the mighty dragon, right??? What if this is also an illusion???)

"Your highness, you should be more vigilant," Keilbuss said, standing right in front of me.

(V-Vigilant???)

"Y-You aren't a ghost?" I said, stepping away from him.

"Why? Do I look like a ghost to you, your highness?" Keilbuss replied, and I sighed.

(No, never mind then.)

"T-Then do you have proof that you're not tricking me? W-What if you're not actually the mighty dragon?" I asked, and he just stared at me.

"Your highness, I think we should probably go home now. It is almost time for your bed," Keilbuss said.

"Y-You're avoiding my question," I said as he sighed and stepped towards me.

"W-What are you doing? Don't come near me," I warned.

"Your highness, I am not a ghost but... I'm the most handsome and mighty dragon," Keilbuss said with a smile.

"I am the protector of the land and sky. How could you suspect me of being a ghost?" Keilbuss continued.

"I'm too beautiful to be called a 'ghost,' your highness. You're hurting my feelings," Keilbuss added with a dramatic sigh.

(Ehh... Never mind.)

"Show me proof," I said, and he knelt on one knee, grabbing my wrist to reveal the contract mark with the mighty dragon, Keilbuss.

"This symbol on your hand, when it glows, means I'm near your highness's side. So tell me, what do you see?" Keilbuss asked, and I stared at my wrist.

"Uh, well, it is glowing prettily," I said, noticing his smile.

"Great, that shows as my proof that I'm no ghost," Keilbuss said.

"B-But how did you know I was here?" I asked.

"Hmm, did you already forget what I told you before in our first meeting, your highness?" Keilbuss said, still smiling.

(Erm...)

"Hehe... I guess?" I said, scratching the back of my neck with an awkward smile.

"*Sigh* Since we made a contract, it will only be broken once my beloved lady is no longer breathing in this world," Keilbuss explained.

(Ah, so the contract will only end if I die, huh.)

"In short, we're connected, your highness. Wherever you go, I will always know," Keilbuss said with a smile.

"Now, shall we go back to your home, your highness? I'm sure everyone is looking for you right now." Keilbuss says

(B-But the children in this orphanage...)

(I still have to do something here. And that witch!)

"I... I can't go back yet," I said as he raised one of his eyebrows.