Chapter 131

Althea stood on the platform, surrounded by a sea of masked faces. Her heart pounded in her chest as she glanced nervously at the crowd, the eyes of these people were like knives, piercing through her, all their eyes were fixed on her.

At this moment, she asked herself, "How did I even end up here again? "

She thought for a second while looking at her surrounding and she said, "Well? I volunteered for this", she reminded herself. But now, as the bidding began, she couldn't shake the feeling of uneasiness.

Well, if she had stayed right next to Lady Cynthia she wouldn't be here in the auction house, but upon seeing the beast man inside the cage, Althea was curious to what was happening, eager to help out the beast people to let them all out, to let them be freed.

But because she wandered around the bustling street of the Lazourel empire. Athea then witnessed a lot of slave people from other races, being locked up inside a cage. She knows she's not a hero, but she knows she must help those who are in needs of help.

And now here Althea sits, motionless, grinning prettily at the nobles, which has caused her value to steadily rise as everyone with masks on their faces wants to buy her.

Here she was, the auctioneer's voice echoing throughout the the room, his remarks echoing in her ears like the sound of impending doom.

But our Althea had no idea that, in the middle of everything that was happening, a man was seated at the back and staring directly at her.

Althea knew right away who she was staring at as she made eye contact with him—it was none other than her father, Archduke Willard.

Althea met her father's gaze, and judging by the way he appeared, he was furious about his daughter being here in such dangerous place while keeping an eye on her from the shadows.

As the bidding inside the auction house still continued,

Althea find herself encircled by masked people all of whom were dancing deceitfully to hide their identities.

Her objective was  supposedly to understand the operations of this criminal group, but for many reasons, she might not be able to accomplish that at this time, since Archduke Willard is merely staring at her with an expression that suggests he is unhappy to see her in such a dangerous place.

The masked auctioneer's voice rang through the hall as he said, "The last product for tonight, a jewel among gems, a daughter of a noble, hair as black as the night sky, eyes that resemble to a diamond, our product, the purple orchid."

"Shall we start from two million?" The auctioneer says with a grin on his face.

While the noblemens were bidding, Archduke Willard was furious.

With wrath in his voice, he said beneath his breath, "This man...how dare he auctioned my daughter for only two million..."

"Does he think my daughter's value is only a mere two million?!" He says, just enough to be heard by his right hand who was just standing right next to him.

"Your Royal Highness, Archduke Willard, please do order us of what we should do." X says the man who have been standing on his left side.

His voice soared throughout the room, ordering his troops to capture each and every one of them.

"Seize them all! Capture every criminal in this room!" Archduke Willard's voice echoed throughout the room, causing panic.

The guards then invaded the auction house with the command of Archduke Willard.

At this very moment, the man who was standing right next to Althea, to save himself, he immediately held Althea as his hostage, threatening everyone in the room that he would kill the child if they make a sudden move.

And Althea, realizing what has the situation become, she somehow locked eyes with her father, she knows quite well hat her father isn't happy with the situation. I mean, who would want to see their child being held hostage by a criminal? Logically, no one, unless you don't really give a F to your child.

Once again Althea locked eyes with her father, Archduke Willard's fury becomes intense as he fought his way toward the stage, determined to free his daughter from the clutches of the man who is holding her hostage.