Chapter 26 - The Story

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

While everyone were busy at work, Lucas Joost Weide, he's an apprentice under Archduke Willard Crawther.

Archduke Willard, he's a royal, the second son of King Ludovic Fitzralph Crawther VI, Archduke Willard ruled over Camunia.

Archduke Willard liked Lazourel, an empire touched by the sun goddess, for its beauty and peace. He especially loved the nearby Black Lagoon Forest.

And he has a villa near this mystical forest but he has a second reason to why he built a villa that is near to this dangerous place.

The Black Lagoon Forest, also called the Lost Soul Forest, got its scary name because folks who went in never came out. Even elves, dragons, or dwarfs wouldn't dare to go there. That is what everyone believed.

Though it's in Lazourel, no one's ever conquered it. Covered in fog, it's the only part of the empire that's spooky. People are scared of it because they say there are many vengeful creatures that lurks in the darkness.

For over a year now, people have been talking about the mysterious Black Lagoon Forest. They say it used to be a wonderful place before the Lazourel empire came along.

It was full of strange creatures and rare animals, like something out of a dream. The forest was known for its beauty and peace.

One story that everyone loves to tell is about a woman who ruled over the forest. She was like a queen to all the creatures there, protecting them and taking care of them.

They called her the Queen of the Black Lagoon Forest, and she was loved and respected by everyone who lived there.

But things took a turn. The Black Lagoon Forest decided to keep its gates shut, blocking out humans and any other outsiders.

Why? Because they brought harm to the forest, making the Guardian/Queen really mad. So, she closed off the paradise to anyone who caused trouble there.

Over the years, many have reported seeing a woman with blue hair and purple eyes wandering along the edge of the Black Lagoon Forest.

Some people claim she's the most enchanting woman they've ever seen, while others describe her as having a pale complexion and giving off a cold, unfriendly stare.

"Ah, forget it," Lucas mutters, tossing aside the book he was reading. He's supposed to be honing his abilities, mastering what Archduke Willard taught him.

"I'll practice later. All he ever teaches me is to read books and practice, over and over," Lucas grumbles, glancing out the window.

"Hmm... what time is it anyway?" Lucas wonders aloud, pulling out his pocket watch to check the time.

"Oh, time for a snack," Lucas remarks, leaving the library and heading straight for the kitchen to grab something from the maid.

"Are you here for snacks?" one of the maids asks as Lucas nods without showing any expression.

"Then would you like some..." the maid starts, but Lucas cuts her off.

"Just call me Lucas," Lucas says, and the maid nods.

"We've prepared strawberry tarts, chocolate fondue, mango cheesecakes, and, of course, pudding," the maid says as Lucas surveys the desserts before him.

"These were supposed to be her highness's snacks. They were her favorite afternoon treats," the maid explains as Lucas continues to stare at the desserts.