Chapter 21 - A Mess in the Mansion

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

"Wait, Maddie, let me explain," I began, but she cut me off again.

"Listen, dear, I get it. Mr. Bosworth is charming, but trust me, you're not ready for marriage. Not now, not ever," Maddie insisted, her voice firm.

(What's she even talking about?)

While staring at Maddie with confusion in my mind, trying to make sense of Maddie's words.

Before I could utter a word, the head maid barged in, her eyes wide with concern.

"What's happening here?" she demanded, her gaze shifting between Maddie and me.

Madeline stared at me with big eyes like an owl and said, "Our little miss has a crush on Mr. Bosworth! She's head over heels! And I can't let her marry him."

(Oh no, she's got it all wrong!)

Before I could speak up, the head maid interrupted, shaking her head sadly. " My little miss, you're too young for marriage. Although it is true that there are kids your age who were already promised or arranged to be wed by someone older by them..."

"But we cannot let you marry Mr. Bosworth so soon. Let's wait until you're older, maybe around twelve, before thinking about marriage," she said, looking worried.

"That's it, my little miss! My lady you are expected to tie the knot around twelve, while boys wait until they're fourteen," Madeline explained.

(What on earth are they even talking about!???!)

(Who's supposed to marry whom!?!)

(Why are they even discussing marriage with me? I'm just a kid! I'm not ready to marry anyone!)

"I wasn't declaring my love for Mr. Bosworth!" I insisted, eager to clear up any misunderstandings.

(Well, it certainly seemed like a confession.)

"B-But... our little miss spilled her heart out to Mr. Bosworth," Madeline insisted, while I huffed and crossed my arms in frustration.

"I wasn't! ╰(‵□′)╯ I was just telling Mr. Bosworth that he's like family, someone dear to me, and that I want to see him happy."

"Oh, Madeline. How did you misinterpret our little miss?" the head maid asked, sounding puzzled.

"Oh... um, I thought she was, like, expressing her desire to marry Mr. Bosworth?????" Madeline confessed, and I simply sighed.

"I didn't even consider it! (•́へ•́╬) It never occurred to me," I explained, meeting the head maid's doubtful look aimed at Madeline.

"Oh, my apologies, my little miss. I misunderstood," Madeline confessed and I sighed..

(Well, let's not jump to conclusions just yet; losing Madeline's support wouldn't be ideal.)

"That's okay (❀ฺ' ∀ '❀ฺ)ノ. I know Maddie means good for me," I reassured, returning her hug gratefully.

"Oh, ((ૢ(⁎❝ົཽω❝ົཽ⁎)✧, our little miss is truly kind and forgiving!" Madeline exclaimed, and I returned her hug with a warm smile.

"And Madeline, I've been looking everywhere for you for the past ten minutes. Come with me; there's something urgent that needs your attention," the head maid said.

"Will you be alright by yourself, my little miss?" Madeline asked, her brow furrowed with concern.

"I'll be fine, Maddie. Thanks for worrying," I reassured her, returning her smile.