Chapter 28 - The Diary

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

"Where's Mr. Bosworth?" the little lady exclaimed, searching every nook and cranny of the mansion until she spotted the head maid.

"Good afternoon," the little lady greeted with a bow, and the maid returned her smile.

"Good afternoon, little miss. Do you need anything today?" the head maid asked, as Althea nodded eagerly.

"Yes, have you seen Mr. Bosworth anywhere? I can't find him. He said he would come to check on me after an hour, but it's already been two hours," Althea explained, her worry evident in her voice, while the head maid simply observed her.

"Ah, I think I saw Mr. Bosworth in the library three hours ago," the head maid recalled.

"He wasn't there. I already went to the library," the little lady replied, her frustration growing.

"Then maybe Mr. Bosworth is in his room? There's only two minutes until we get to relax a bit," the head maid suggested, hoping to ease the little lady's worry. Althea smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Alright, thank you!" Althea exclaimed gratefully as she prepared to leave.

"My little miss, do you even know where Mr. Bosworth's room is?" the head maid asked, causing Althea to pause and turn back with a sheepish smile.

"Right, I almost forgot to ask about that," Althea admitted, while the head maid chuckled softly.

"Mr. Bosworth's room is on the first floor at the end of the hallway, it's the second door," the head maid informed Althea, who nodded gratefully before bidding the maid farewell.

Arriving in front of Bosworth's room, Althea knocked twice on the door. "Mr. Bosworth, are you in there?" she called out, but there was no response from inside.

"Mr. Bosworth? Are you sleeping?" Althea tried again, growing concerned at the lack of reply.

"Mr. Bosworth, uh... I brought flowers. I got them from the garden," Althea added, hoping to catch his attention, but still, there was silence.

"Maybe there's no one inside," Althea mused to herself, glancing around before grasping the doorknob and turning it slowly.

"Oh, it's not locked," Althea observed as she pushed the door open to Bosworth's bedroom.

"I shouldn't be here. I didn't even get permission to enter someone else's room. But I can't help it. Mr. Bosworth isn't here anyway, so it should be fine," Althea reasoned with herself, gently closing the door behind her.

"As long as I don't get caught, it should be fine for now," she murmured, a mischievous smile playing on her lips as she glanced around the room.

Bosworth's bedroom wasn't luxurious. It wasn't large, but it wasn't small either. It was just average. However, it was impeccably neat and clean. Not a speck of dust could be found anywhere in Bosworth's room.

"So clean," Althea murmured in admiration as she continued to survey Bosworth's room.

Spotting an empty vase on the table, Althea made her way over and carefully picked it up. "Let's put these yellow flowers in here," she decided, smiling to herself as she arranged the flowers in the vase.

Placing the vase back where she found it, Althea also set her letter beside it. Just as she was about to leave, her gaze fell upon a pile of books sitting on the table.

"Oh, I didn't know that Mr. Bosworth likes to read," Althea remarked with a smile as she picked up the books from the table, inadvertently causing a small notebook to fall to the floor.