Chapter 14 - Whispers of a Forgotten Past

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Cynthia (POV)

I'm here in my bedroom, finding myself gazing at the moon through the balcony. This life I'm living now isn't my initial stint on this earthly stage; I've journeyed through death a hundred times in this world.

Each time I meet my demise, a peculiar phenomenon unfolds-my eyes flutter open to a different moment, a time when death hasn't cast its shadow over my existence.

I've gone back in time to moments when my life fell into the abyss, experiencing the bitterness of death not once, but a hundred times.

I gave it my all to turn things around in this world, putting in so much effort.

Yet, whenever I face death here, all the hurt I've bottled up just spills out.

It's painful realizing that no matter how much I strive, nothing seems to fall into place for me.

It's like I'm stuck with a life that's meant to be mine, no matter how much I try to change it.

It felt like no matter how hard I tried to make things better, my life was set on a course towards hardship.

In this current chapter of my life...

It seemed to whisper that despite my yearning for things I longed to possess, my desires would remain unfulfilled.

Recollections of the past flooded my mind, filled with a longing for attention and love from those around me; I was truly desperate for it.

Absolutely desperate.

I poured my heart and soul into being the ideal daughter, striving to be the perfect wife for Prince Lucien, and dreaming of becoming the flawless Queen one day.

All the hard work and devotion I invested... I never thought it would all fall apart before my eyes, like it meant nothing.

In my second chance at life, I traveled back in time once more, determined to alter the course of my destiny.

But here I am, and this isn't my second chance anymore.

Every time I came back from the past, hoping to change things in this world...

That's what I believed, but it didn't work out the wag I want.

Going back over and over...

I'm just exhausted with this life, feeling utterly hopeless.

I tried and tried, but why does it seem like I fall short? Why does it feel like everything I've done so far is still not enough?!

It all started when I give my father too much influence in my life.

Then there's this empire's Prince Lucien, and I don't know why the previous version of myself was so smitten with such a fool.

And then there's this girl who stole everything from me, the one that everyone loves.

She gains acceptance as my father's daughter, pushing the real me to the background where I remain invisible and silent.

I was overcome with jealousy as she had everything I yearned for.

I couldn't hide it - I was completely envious of her, no denying that.

Everything I yearned for in my life, she had it. I could never have the things she has.

While I was met with ridicule, mockery, and hatred from everyone-including my own father, who thought I was a shame to the family-everyone showered her with love.