Chapter 6 - Magic tricks?

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Fern (Point of View):

(The issue of becoming Lady Cynthia's daughter is resolved. Now, my goal is to impress Lady Cynthia and Mr. Bosworth.)

(I need to make sure I win them over, and if I succeed, I'll have influence over them.)

(Once Lady Cynthia loses interest in Prince Lucien, that's my target.)

(When I win Lady Cynthia over, I must ensure she breaks off her engagement with Prince Lucien.)

(However, I'm facing a significant challenge as I've only made slight progress so far.)

(From the current situation, it seems Mr. Bosworth is not in favor of me becoming the lady's adopted daughter.)

"Yes, my lady. I'll get the adoption papers ready and handle this matter," Mr. Bosworth assures, and Lady Cynthia nods.

"Now, how do you intend to become my new source of joy?" Lady Cynthia asks, and I respond with a smile.

(There are numerous ways to bring you happiness since I know exactly what you desire.)

"It's a secret. You'll find out soon," I tell her, and she smiles.

"Interesting, I enjoy a good mystery," Lady Cynthia says while sipping her tea.

"I'm excited to see what you can do," she adds, and I simply smile.

"Then, please stay excited," I say with a smile.

(I'll do whatever it takes to prevent everything from unfolding.)

"Excuse me, my lady," the maid says, presenting a letter on the tray.

"A letter from Prince Lucien just came in," the maid announces, and my eyebrows furrow.

(I bet that letter says he doesn't want to see Lady Cynthia and that he's too busy again, pretending he has no time for his fiancée.)

(Truth is, he's probably having a good time flirting with noble ladies in the corner.)

(How do I know this? Well, it was in the book. Prince Lucien only acted differently when he had a 'love at first sight' moment with the main female character.)

(Tsk, I hope he steps on poop or something.)

"Let me have a look," Lady Cynthia says, but I halt her.

"Wait," I say, catching Lady Cynthia and even Mr. Bosworth's attention.

(If she reads it, it'll spoil her mood, and she'll be upset again, just like in the book.)

"Do you have something to say, dear?" Lady Cynthia asks.

"Uh, just a moment," I reply as I sit down, pick up the letter, and look at it for a couple of seconds.

"I have a magic trick I'd like to show the lady," I say with a smile, holding the letter in my hand.

"Oh? Then go ahead, I'd love to see it," Lady Cynthia responds.

(Sorry.)

I picked up the cloth from the table and covered my hand where I held the letter.

It's a basic magic trick the main character in the story did when she tried to impress Prince Lucien.

"Wait a moment, I'll make the letter in my hand disappear," I say confidently with a smile.

"Sure," Lady Cynthia agrees, and after safely hiding the letter, I reveal my hand, showing that the letter has vanished.

"Oh, where did it go?" Lady Cynthia exclaims, and I smile, even Bosworth seems impressed.

(Wow, they fell for such a simple trick.)

"The letter vanished from her hand," the maid explains as Mr. Bosworth takes the cloth I used, looking thoroughly puzzled about how the letter disappeared in an instant.

(Wow, I never thought I could fool them like that.)

(What's even crazier is that this is a world where magic and creatures exist.)

(But they still seem baffled about how the letter disappeared from my hand.)

(Wow, I can't help it... I must resist the urge to laugh.)

"Where did it go!?" Mr. Bosworth exclaims, and I smile.

"Please check your pocket, Mr. Bosworth," I suggest with a smile. When he does, everyone, including Lady Cynthia, is amazed because the letter has magically appeared in Mr. Bosworth's pocket.

"Wow, that's incredible! How did you manage that?" Lady Cynthia exclaims, and I smile.

"Did you use magic?" Mr. Bosworth inquires, and I shake my head.

"No, it's just a basic trick. You don't need magic to make it disappear and reappear in your pocket," I explain with a smile.

"Then, how did the letter end up in my pocket?" Mr. Bosworth asks, clearly intrigued to find out.

(Got you, Mr. Bosworth.)

"It's a secret you'll have to uncover; I'm not spilling the beans," I say with a smile.

"Oh, here's another magic trick-I can turn this letter into a butterfly," I add with a smile. As expected, even Mr. Bosworth is now curious to see my magic trick.

(Wow, I didn't realize that learning magic tricks from my dad would come in handy and that I could use them to distract them from what they were up to.)

"I'm excited to see this magic trick of yours," Lady Cynthia says, showing her interest.

(I successfully diverted her thoughts from Prince Lucien's letter, and not just hers, everyone else's too!)

"Keep your eyes peeled; this letter will transform into a lovely butterfly," I announce with a smile.

(I caught a butterfly last night before going to bed.)

I reveal my hand again, and from their perspective, it looks like pure magic.

(It's downright funny, really.)

(Mr. Bosworth's expression is priceless now.)

"Oh no, the butterfly is getting away!" Lady Cynthia exclaims.

"The letter," Lady Cynthia adds, and I smile.

(The letter is still in my possession, though.)

"Oops, seems I can't turn the butterfly back into its original form now," I say with a smile.

"That's okay; watching your magic trick was more enjoyable than reading the letter. It was fantastic entertainment. Thank you," Lady Cynthia expresses gratitude as I nod. I then glance at Mr. Bosworth, who is eyeing me.

(He must be pondering the tricks I just pulled off. Well... good luck to him.)

"The little miss must be a wizard! She can use magic," the maid comments, making me raise an eyebrow.

(I'm a what now?)

(Well, wizards are real in this world.)

"There are only a handful of wizards in this empire. If you have real talent, you could gain recognition," Lady Cynthia mentions, and I smile.

"Don't fret; I'll ensure everyone knows me as your cherished daughter," I say with a smile, making her smile in return.

(This is just one step toward changing your destiny. Just wait and see.)

....